Pickin back up and startin all over again. addivice please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
Ok here's the thing. I am currently at a very strange crossroads in my life. I am at a school that I hate, where I have very few friends (with the exception of the ever lovely Staji) because well, most of the kids here are frat children. I am lonely, I miss my family and I have recently been through some very traumatic experiences that I don't care to elaborate upon.
Now my mother has told me that it would be alright if I moved back home and worked for the rest of the semester, and then got it together to go to another school next year. I am thinking about taking here up on the offer.
Now the question is this: do you find this adviseable? I mean I really will be going back to school next semester I just feel like I need some time to figure out what the hell it is that I want. Is this normal? Your thoughts on the matter?

Oh and sorry I can't type.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...
http://www.iloveham.com/

[This message has been edited by notiti (edited 01-31-2002).]

Hmmmmmmmm thats a tough one. The problem is, most people that take a 'break' from school, never go back. This seems like a decision that only you can make, but if its that bad, maybe you should to keep your sanity.

I dont know I suck at giving advice!
icon40.gif

The HAM will guide you!!!

(( hugs noti in her time of need just remember to keep it krunk ))

that's perfectly normal. college is stressful enough on its own. and if you've had some tough experiences lately on top of that then you have to be careful not to burn out. i know plenty of people who have taken a little time off and returned to school later and it seemed to have worked out fine. and it sounds like you have it figured out pretty well - work for a semester and then go back. if you know doing this will work out academically for you then i say take the needed break.

i hope everything works out for you.
smile.gif

You both rock automatically. But rest assured, I will always keep it krunk. Still deliberating though....

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

Well, Sicy is right. I took a break from college, and that break has now been three years. But for me, I couldn't be at that school anymore. I don't regret leaving at all. I was wasting my money on classes. Many of my friends left school at the same time(now that I think of it, none of us have not gone back), and we all lead normal lives, with plenty of money. If you feel like you need to take time off, then definately do it. Sometimes all you need is a couple of months to put your priorities back in order.
But watch out, if you have student loans, talk to the companies that issued the loans to see how they can defer the loans for the months you will be off. (If you need more info on loan companies and loopholes, let me know
smile.gif
)

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 01-31-2002).]

I quit college in my last semester of my senior year. Now I have a teaching credential, and I'm working on my master's. If you are lucky enough to have a mom that will help you out, take the help and the time off.

i have a good friend and partner in a lot of assignments that just went through this. we're both third year, gonna be graduating out of a really good program and already starting to be courted by major canadian media outlets. well she was unhappy and had a crappy personal life in first semester.

when she asked me what i would do i told her it is pointless to continue on up in ottawa(things have been made very uncomfortable on campus for her by way of the media) so i told her she should at least take 2nd semester off.

if you don't think you can achieve success at your present school at the least take the semester off. make sure there is another school in a city you want to live in with a program you want to take, preferably one that will honor some of the credits you already have. once you know it exists then you can decide if you wanna bite.

------------------
november 12th 1955

First of all, thanks everyone for giving my notiti such helpful and caring advice.

Noti, this is a very tough decision. As much as I would like to see you come back home because I miss you and would get to see you more, I think that you should try to tough it out at Loyola if at all possible because I dont want you to lose your scholarship and your non-transferable credits. On the other hand, if you really can't do it anymore, if you are truly at your wit's end, there is no shame in coming home to the loving support of your family. Ultimately, it is up to you and I will support your decision either way.

I love you, noti!
*hugs*

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

I hated my studies when I started. I took a year or so off...travelled the world and now Im goin' back all ready to go!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Back
Top Bottom