Pick your Album of 'O7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight."

This is there Joshua Tree. Rick Rubin is genious. This album is :drool: :drool:

Thusfar

Rufus Wainwright - Release the Stars :drool:

Technically due next week. I :love: the internet, though.

Still will buy, of course. :yes:

Unless LP7 makes its debut in 2007 I'm fairly certain my pick for album of the year is going to Sound Of Silver.

Justin24 said:

How can you judge something you haven't heard yet??? Completly?

If you told me the new Nickelback album, or even the new Bon Jovi album was coming out next week, my first thoughts wouldn't be "Oh hey, everything they've ever done has been irritating garbage, but I shouldn't judge them on past works, even though they have a proven track record of sucking and I'm not likely to enjoy anything they ever produce."

Same situation.

Lancemc said:
If you told me the new Nickelback album, or even the new Bon Jovi album was coming out next week, my first thoughts wouldn't be "Oh hey, everything they've ever done has been irritating garbage, but I shouldn't judge them on past works, even though they have a proven track record of sucking and I'm not likely to enjoy anything they ever produce."

Same situation.

Bon Jovi is better than Nickelback. :wink:

As for the original question, the year is not even half over yet! :huh:

Zootlesque said:

Bon Jovi is better than Nickelback. :wink:

As for the original question, the year is not even half over yet! :huh:

Bon Jovi is better than Nickleback. LOL

and I know, so what.:madspit:

so far, it's Arctic Monkeys -- Favourite Worst Nightmare

i dont think "Linkin Park" and "Joshua Tree" should ever be said in proximity

Lancemc said:

Same situation.

Well thats your opinion and I respect it. But this new LP album is better than the boring shite album from Arcade Fire (Neon Bible)

Lancemc said:

Same situation.

My first thoughts would be "Thank God I'm not in high school anymore."

discothequeLP said:
so far, it's Arctic Monkeys -- Favourite Worst Nightmare

i dont think "Linkin Park" and "Joshua Tree" should ever be said in proximity

Your right. Better than Pop.

Lancemc said:

Same situation.

:up::up::up:

If I wanted to see the next Linkin Park album, I'll just look inside my toilet bowl.

Of the albums I've heard so far, it looks like this:

1. Neon Bible by Arcade Fire
2. Sky Blue Sky by Wilco
3. Sound of Silver by LCD Soundsystem
4. Wincing the Night Away by The Shins
5. We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank by Modest Mouse

I'm still looking forward to The White Stripes, Interpol, The Bravery, and possible Radiohead, R.E.M., Oasis, and U2 releases :drool:

Justin24 said:

But this new LP album is better than the boring shite album from Arcade Fire (Neon Bible)

Well thats your opinion and I disrespect it.

Minutes to Midnight :drool:

Linkin Park were my first love, back in my emo-gothic-teen days. I've matured, and so have they, I'm really looking forward to seeing everything their new album will bring. They've reinvented themselves, the rap is out and the rock is in. The first single has already alienated many of their younger fans, and drawn in new, older ones. It will only go up from there. But unfortunately, so many people have already established such a firm opinion of what Linkin Park are that any belief that they could become a "respectable" band seems quite far fetched. But I think the proof will be in the pudding. What I've Done is already getting a fair amount of airplay, and I imagine the following singles will as well. I predict people will hear them on the radio, not even realize its Linkin Park, and like what they hear :wink:

It also helps that the album is coming out the day after my birthday (or rather, the day after the day after my birthday here in the states, because we suck). I take that as fate that it will be awesome.

LemonMacPhisto said:

:up::up::up:

If I wanted to see the next Linkin Park album, I'll just look inside my toilet bowl.

Of the albums I've heard so far, it looks like this:

1. Neon Bible by Arcade Fire
2. Sky Blue Sky by Wilco
3. Sound of Silver by LCD Soundsystem
4. Wincing the Night Away by The Shins
5. We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank by Modest Mouse

I'm still looking forward to The White Stripes, Interpol, The Bravery, and possible Radiohead, R.E.M., Oasis, and U2 releases :drool:

If I had to rank the albums thus far:

1. Sound of Silver - LCD Soundsystem
2. Sky Blue Sky - Wilco
3. Neon Bible - Arcade Fire
4. Volta - Bjork
5. We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank - MoMo

Linkin Park still exists? Damn! I was hoping they'd stumbled into a black hole somewhere along the way.

Well, in any case, my pick for 2007 thus far is Porcupine Tree's exceptional Fear Of A Blank Planet.

Back
Top Bottom