Pick your Album of 'O7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Screwtape2 said:
A lot of people are saying Neon Bible so I have two questions:

1. Do you think it will take the Best Album Grammy? (not that Grammy's matter)
2. If so, do you think that would launch them into the mainstream?

1) Possible, but they may only be nominated in the Alternative Category, or someone may die with an album in the can, or someone with a long buried career may have a mediocre and overhyped comeback, or U2 may release an overblown watered down pop album, or they may finally put the last nail in their coffin and actually give 'the big one' to someone like Fergie or Stefani or Timberlake.

2) Maybe give them a nudge in that direction, certainly a short term boost, perhaps double or triple the fanbase, but overall their albums, I think, will never hit that ridiculous mass level of sales/acceptance.

coemgen said:
Right now it's "Boxer" by The National. I've been hooked for weeks. It's now on their myspace, too.

Even though it leaked I think I'm buying the actual thing. I like it that much.

I think you mentioned this a while back (another thread maybe?),

anyways... I "got" it, and well... Wow....

From start to finish, it's solid, great pace, good production... and the songs are just plain good. Not often does an album strike me on a first listen like this one has. But I love it when it does... maybe once or twice a year...

This album is blowing me away... Why couldn't they be opening for Arcade fire in Montreal and Toronto?? damn!

hooray for the boxer love! these guys really deserve it.

but i don't think anything is going to touch neon bible.

however, im looking forward to the following:

- interpol
- wolf parade
- lp7 if mumbly thom and the lads can be bothered to put it out

Actually Linkin Park changed their sound to more normal rock, dropped the rapcore and there isin't as much electronic influence...I kind of like it, as much as their previous singles were catchy in a radio pop kind of way it got so repetitive, and while I still doubt much depth in their lyrics, it's a step in a new direction, check out their single.

bollox said:
hooray for the boxer love! these guys really deserve it.

but i don't think anything is going to touch neon bible.

however, im looking forward to the following:

- interpol
- wolf parade
- lp7 if mumbly thom and the lads can be bothered to put it out

They just reviewed it....
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/43053-boxer

I just couldn't see a bad review on this album...

Back
Top Bottom