Pick your Album of 'O7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As of right now, I'd be hard pressed not to go with Neon Bible. If they lead single is any indication, a certain Icky Thump might knock that off the top spot.

And don't fret, Sky Blue Sky is perched safely near the top.

In all fairness to Linkin Park, they're in an awkward situation.

No longer is "Nu-metal to the 00's as Grunge was to the 90s".

Linkin Park's sound is not necessarily "hot" anymore, so in the pursuit of critical acclaim and/or greater commercial success for Minutes to Midnight, it should be interesting to see how or if they've "progressed" musically. If they have, we could be in for a pleasant surprise.

If they merely make "Hybrid Theory Part 3", the end is nigh for the Park.

For my two cents, Bloc Party's Weekend In The City is an amazing 5-star album. Best album of the year so far, with an honourable mention to Kaiser Chiefs 'Yours Truly Angry Mob' and a "here's hoping" for the new Travis album to showcase some more brilliance.

inmyplace13 said:
If they lead single is any indication, a certain Icky Thump might knock that off the top spot.

Indeed. Icky Thump should be top 5 of 2007 material easy, if not #1. I'll be incredibly disappointed if it isn't at least good.

The Wildhearts- The Wildhearts
Manic Street Preachers- Send Away the Tigers
Kings of Leon- Because of the Times

Between those 3 at the moment.

i think Neon Bible is overrated...a good album but not very good...
at the moment i tend to Kings of Leon: Because of the Times

cant't await the new Queens Of the Stone age : ERA VULGARIS :rockon:

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:

:love: But its not quite my "album of 07"...they're pretty good live though.

You're both fools. Obscure Album came out in 2006. This year, they're releasing Obscure Live Album Of Unrehearsed Jams. It should be amazing. :drool:

1. Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
2. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
3. Tori Amos - American Doll Posse

bono_man2002 said:

:lol:

I have tickets to seem them at Obscure Earth.

So do I! :hyper:

Their opening act, Band Nobody Knows, is even better. :drool:

Quit the bickering. I was loving me some Akon while driving this morning. Different strokes for different folks. Be nice.

Year isn't even halfway over yet, but my favorite release so far has been:

Jesse Malin - Glitter In The Gutter

Ryan Adams releasing Easy Tiger may usurp the crown though.

elevation2u said:
that's someone I've tried getting into but haven't yet.., what Malin album would you recommend as first listen?

Most fans swear by his solo debut, The Fine Art Of Self-Destruction. I think I actually like The Heat better, but due to popular consensus, I'd recommend Fine Art. There are some people who just can't stand his voice though, so there is no song that will do it for them. I personally love it.

Oh, and for the Springsteen fans out there...there's a duet by the Boss and Jesse on the new album called "Broken Radio". It's a great piano-driven song, some of my favorite lyrics.

definitely A Weekend in the City, with Sky Blue Sky second. also really enjoy Yours Truly Angry Mob and Neon Bible.

for the record I'm very much looking forward to the LP album. Love the first single. but then again I've always loved Linkin Park :shrug:

i love 2007 :heart:

Bonochick said:

Oh, and for the Springsteen fans out there...there's a duet by the Boss and Jesse on the new album called "Broken Radio". It's a great piano-driven song, some of my favorite lyrics.

I keep meaning to check this out, but I haven't done so yet. Guess I'd better do so!

Of the albums officially released up to now, I'd say Kings of Leon's Because Of the Times is my favorite so far. I've also been really enjoying Andrew Bird's Armchair Apocrypha, and I'm looking forward to picking up Lucinda Williams's latest album.

I really liked Neon Bible for a few weeks, but I've only listened to it here and there since then. It's a good album, and on the whole I think it's better than Funeral, but I do think it's overrated. That's also how I've felt about Modest Mouse's new album. It's definitely better than Good News For People Who Love Bad News, but I don't love it.

I'm eagerly awaiting Sky Blue Sky's release next week, and I'm anticipating that will be my favorite album of the year, though it's far too early to tell. Ryan Adams just might win me back, too. I stopped keeping track of him after Love Is Hell, but I've been missing him lately.

there really is no contest so far. KINGS OF LEON - Because of the times is by far the best album of 2007 the only album which even comes close is Neon Bible

So far these are my favorites:

1. Neon Bible
2. Weekend In The City
3. We were dead Before The Ship Even Sank
4. Wincing The Night Away

btw I'm one of the few that's interested in what the new Linkin Park sounds like. Also I would love to see a new REM album by the end of the year

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I'm eagerly awaiting Sky Blue Sky's release next week, and I'm anticipating that will be my favorite album of the year, though it's far too early to tell. Ryan Adams just might win me back, too. I stopped keeping track of him after Love Is Hell, but I've been missing him lately.

Sky Blue Sky is great, it may be my favorite Wilco album.

As far as Ryan, though... no Cold Roses? It's such a fantastic album. :sad:

Cold Roses was one of those albums I kept meaning to pick up, but I never did. I saw him and the Cardinals on tour in the spring of '05 the same weekend I was in Philadelphia to see U2. He was really drunk, and the crowd was annoying, and instead of just ignoring the people screaming for songs off of Rock N Roll, he got into arguments. Eventually he stormed off the stage. I left before that, though, around the time people started throwing things at him. I gave up on him for awhile after that, but I hear he's sobered up, and I've heard some good concert clips fairly recently, so I'm going to give him another shot.

I haven't held out for an official release yet this year, so I'm trying my best to wait for Wilco. I figure if I've made it this far, I can wait one more week!

I had a really good night for Ryan last summer, so I'm really thankful for that. Cold Roses, and even Jacksonville City Nights, is/are worth your time.

I'll say Neon Bible, just cause it's the only album this year that gets as much out of me as a U2 record can. There are some parts in the album that just make me thankful that I have functioning ears.

I've listened to Sky Blue Sky a ton, and although it's not as strong as YHF or AGIB you still can't beat Jeff Tweedy. I've been a long time Wilco fan... I picked A.M. up a little while after it was released and it's been full steam ahead ever since.

Right now it's "Boxer" by The National. I've been hooked for weeks. It's now on their myspace, too.

Even though it leaked I think I'm buying the actual thing. I like it that much.

Back
Top Bottom