Piano vs. weird-o synth version of Like Spinning Plates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so you don't think "weird-o" has a negative connotation?

so if i was talking to someone and said, "that U2Man", versus me saying, "that weird-o U2Man," you don't think one would imply something over the other?

*pointless language debate begin!*

:laugh:

:wink:

(and since i like the dark side, i'm sticking with the Amnesiac synth version :hyper: :drool:)

FitzChivalry said:
Well, the thread is a bit biased to begin with since it has "weird-o" as an adjective for the synth version, and no derisive adjective for the piano version.

Exactly! :lol:

I like the album version but absolutely love the live version with piano. That should answer your question.

ohhhh, cool.

yep, the i might be wrong ep is 75 different types of amazing.

speaking of which, the live version of i might be wrong completely owns the shit version of amnesiac.

Wierdo synth version all the way...

The album version rules, has to be turned up loud.....

Radiohead are at their best when they are at their wierdest. That's why The Bends bores me....

They are like 2 different songs to me, I enjoy them both in their own ways.

While Live version is absolutely beatiful, the Studio version is completely engrossing...

xaviMF22 said:
album is so much better]

live is ok:shrug:

:up:

One of the best tracks on Amnesiac, listen to it loud with headphones on and it gets 100 times better.

It is one of the best songs to describe "texture" in a musical context. You can almost "feel" the music in your ears, kind of like rough cloth or paper almost... hard to explain I guess but I like it.

elevated_u2_fan said:

It is one of the best songs to describe "texture" in a musical context. You can almost "feel" the music in your ears, kind of like rough cloth or paper almost... hard to explain I guess but I like it.

Exactly how I felt when I listened to it yesterday. It was like it physically touched me....

Live it is phenomenal, album is ok.
One of the best live transitions I've ever heard.

Back
Top Bottom