Photographers' Union Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Is it difficult to get a photo pass? That'd be cool, but I assume you have to be media.

Difficult? Not necessarily. You're right, you do have to have some media credentials, typically. It's a really hit or miss thing though; the Flaming Lips and Shearwater have given me passes, while The xx and other much smaller bands have not.

I got pretty close to the stage at Earth Day - a few I took of Sting:

STING_IMG_8039.jpg

STING_IMG_7931.jpg

STING_IMG_8060.jpg

STING_IMG_8044.jpg

I love these. Did you shoot with a compact, what settings? It looks like it was pretty light out?

Oneforblood Zoostation is Awesome Live. You should see them some time if you come to SF.

I love these. Did you shoot with a compact, what settings? It looks like it was pretty light out?

Thanks - it was a free outdoor show with no restrictions on gear, so I used the dslr with zoom. It was just before sunset. I used 1/125-1/160 shutter speed, and ISO 400-800. Aperture was f/5.6-f/7 mostly.

This project won't fully open until May 1 and will unfold from there.
In a nutshell, University Avenue in St. Paul, Minnesota is an incredibly diverse 6-mile stretch and is about to have a light rail transit line run down the middle of it. This photographer was commissioned to capture the people who live and work along the avenue before their area is changed forever, most for the best, some for the worst. The photos will be displayed in the storefronts along the avenue with different events highlighting some of them all summer.

THE UNIVERSITY AVENUE PROJECT

Photographs

I'll post more as it comes on line.

Because Sicy dances and goes to classes, I often wondered would she ever have, or take photos of a couple dancing, esp a professional couple at a show or something, like, her swirling skirt a blur to show the movement........:D

I never have, but I've had an interesting one taken of me. :wink:

n593664691_366060_8571.jpg

A couple of recent shots-

IMG_8066_SM1.jpg

I've posted this location shot before, but liked the lighting better here-

IMG_7842-1.jpg

I like the long exposure water shots. Here are a few model shots from yesterday.

I made some photo's last nights, there where two bands performing in the city ,
this one was really great and surprised me with their songs, very experimental stuff. Plus they had some awesome gear.:drool: I chose to photograph in monochrome because the daylight made the stage look very ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom