Photographer's Union Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brightest star do the pictures come out normal when you up load to the computer? If so then the lcd us defective. Thank you for the photo comments.

Blurmgrl these were shot at the Fitzgerald marine reserve in half moon bay, ca

More concert photos...the first one's from a couple of months ago, but I keep forgetting to post it, and the others are from the Soundset Festival (8+ hours of hip-hop all day), which was yesterday:

4586691562_06b065833a.jpg

Fashawn:

4655592580_a5d8005068.jpg

4655592636_65e158954c.jpg

4655592706_d43f7ca49d.jpg

4655592814_5f82faf3d6.jpg

Nice pics OneBlood. I especially like the one of the finger being given.

I like this one I got of my friend's daughter. She was not being cooperative and pulled faces at me so only the candid ones turned out.
4654170437_40e48f5d4d.jpg

A few other recent ones I like...

My dog (taken with my broken lens)
4630134799_0aef5343d2.jpg

Playing with my macro adapter
4630124573_8b1a9b2d2d.jpg

4630725464_da73a01501.jpg

An old boat at the beach
4650725567_060ccca4f7.jpg

A very HOT sunny day
4648335183_21909fea78.jpg

For a broken lens it still came out really good. I really like that lonely boat.

I need to send it in, it got dropped and now it auto-focuses slow or not at all, like the motor in it is messed up (the glass is not cracked or anything). However I use it mostly for video where the focus is fixed, so I haven't bothered getting it fixed yet. The color was bad so I just made it really warm instead.

God Pt3 Your work always amazes me. What did you use to process the image?

Cheers :)

Actually, I mistakenly didn't shoot in RAW, so it's actually just a JPEG - and most of it is straight out of the camera - I desaturized it slightly and added a little bit of sepia toning to try and give it a slightly "golden" look, which I think worked quite well. All done in Aperture.
But you should try that lens man, just shoot in f/1.2 and it does all the work for you :drool:

That Canon 85/1.2 is one of their best lenses - will have to rent one sometime as well.

Lies, which macro adapter do you use? I always like your pics of flowers and water droplets.

Raynox 150. Cheap and it snaps on to all of my lenses (including my previous point-and-shoot) but shoots really clear.

Thanks guys :hug:

mad1, if you ever come to Copenhagen I'll give it a try ;)

But seriously guys, I've been smitten. Why can't every lens have f/1.2? :(

I got some new Photoshop filters, yay! (Which also means over-playing with them, of course).

clouds5.jpg

clouds8.jpg

clouds10.jpg

And a self-portrait:

washedout.jpg

Narcissist.

LOL

Anyways I released my 2nd Self Published book today through Make your own photo book with Blurb

Here is the link to my book called "17 Days in Ecuador" I went to Ecuador last year for vacation but also on a personal assignment. My mom goes usually once a year as an interpreter for Canadian and American Doctors to help with speech therapy for kids who had cleft palate surgery. I stayed with a host family and stayed in an Indigenous Community for a week. I travelled around Ecuador also. Anyways here is my link.

Also one of my favorite pics I took from Ecuador is this one.

Her families house burned down and exploded and it almost feels like a battle just passed through this area leaving chaos behind.

17 Days in Ecuador | By Justin Schlesinger | Category: Arts & Photography | Blurb

Also made a slideshow video.
YouTube - 17 Days in Ecuador

I am going to Donate a percentage of the profits to CARE :: Defending Dignity, Fighting Poverty or Doctors Without Borders | MSF USA

I dont know if you guys have been paying much attention to the commercial photography world and the way the ad industry is going (or even care for that matter), but you'll still find this really cool. With all the new technology and the move from print to digital, the way people are thinking about advertising and photography is really changing. In my opinion, there will always be a place for solid stills, but this is a really interesting move for the industry. There are many more than just this, but I think its particularly neat

WRANGLER BLUE BELL SPRING/SUMMER 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom