Photographer's Union Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic of my Sis on her wedding day :)

Shannon.jpg

She's beautiful!

I went down to Chicago on Sunday for the Pitchfork Music Festival. Got some pretty decent shots. :up: More are at my Flickr page, if you're feeling like checking them out.

Best Coast

P7180458.jpg

Washed Out

P7180463colorofsummer.jpg

P7180469memoryofafriend.jpg

P7180471.jpg

P7180477soundoflaughter.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question- I'm starting to really enjoy photography and I need a new digital camera because the flash on mine is broken. I can't afford to get a nice, expensive one, but does anyone have a suggestion for a moderately priced digital camera that can take nice pictures? I definitely want to be able to get good shots at concerts and nice outdoor shots as well. Thanks in advance :hug:

BTW- all of your photos are GORGEOUS :drool: I look in here every day just to marvel at them! :hug:

Quick question- I'm starting to really enjoy photography and I need a new digital camera because the flash on mine is broken. I can't afford to get a nice, expensive one, but does anyone have a suggestion for a moderately priced digital camera that can take nice pictures? I definitely want to be able to get good shots at concerts and nice outdoor shots as well. Thanks in advance :hug:

BTW- all of your photos are GORGEOUS :drool: I look in here every day just to marvel at them! :hug:

Personally, I'm a fan of Olympus' line of cameras that are between a DSLR and a point and shoot; you'll be able to take them into concerts without any trouble because they don't have a detachable lens (a pro and con, depending on what you want to do with it), whereas taking a DSLR into shows can be really tricky sometimes. I run a SP565UZ from Olympus, which has a 20x optical zoom built in. Their new model of those, the SP-800UZ, has a 30x optical zoom, wide angle lens, and 14MP for $265 on Amazon. Then, learn how to push it to its limits. There's no reason you can't get pictures that will rival those taken with a DSLR with these cameras.

Funnily enough, I think I've used the flash on mine a couple of times at most...I never shoot with flash at concerts, and I tend to like available light shots a lot more than things with flash, but anyway, those mid-line cameras are what I'd check out to get the most for your money.

I don't have specific camera recommendation, but Costco and Costco online have excellent prices and a pretty good selection. I have bought my last 3 cameras from them--my DSLR and 2 point-n-shoots.

Great photo !

Did your feet get wet ??

:D

Thanks - those reflection shots are cool - great scenery there. What lens did you use?

Yeah, I got the sandals and feet wet and sandy (as well the tripod). Luckily, there was a garden hose on the way back.

Took some photos for my brothers friend. He needed photos taken for his senior poster at the University he attends. He is majoring in Music/production

Not a great work of art or anything, but this website did find my photo and used it to show the pain that is Comic-con. :lol:

The Mixster

my photo is the second to last in that link, showing my kids waiting in the 3 mile long line to get into one of the panels. :crack:

(They credited the photo to my daughter, though she is actually in the photo. I snapped the pic. :wink: )

Here's my original with the others in progression :giggle:

cc1.jpg

cc3.jpg

cc4.jpg

I took this portrait of a dog called Greta. I asked her owner if I could take it. Greta is such a cool dog. She was originally a stray on the run. Phil and I pulled her out of a horrible county animal shelter. This shelter is terrible, basically lean-to and the dogs have no vet care and live in filthy runs or rabbit hutches until they are euthanized or adopted God willing. The manager is very kind to German shepherds so she alerts us when there is one. She lets us take it for free as a "rescue" case. Then I bring them to my vet to be checked over and stay there in their boarding facility because I can't keep foster dogs at home. When we got Greta there was no home lined up, but an acquaintance who helps pay for their care found someone to come pick her up and foster her. He ended up falling in love with her and kept her for his own pet. He trained her for agility and now she has many agility titles and is amazing in competition. It is not the best picture as far as creativity but I was so happy to see her with such a great owner.

4826577198_b80613b728.jpg

Greta in her new life as an agility dog
4825801578_37b1af3c2b.jpg

4825802994_1183e330af.jpg

4825233351_46cae0774e.jpg

4826559438_6f0377ebcd.jpg

4826561168_ae15366dd8.jpg

4825246115_90a5d430bb.jpg

This is just flat out awesome:

sergey_larenkov

Russian photographer who takes old photos (a lot from WWII) of places around Germany and Russia, and then takes new photos from the same location and perspective and combines the two in post. Awesome, haunting stuff. :up:

Nice lookin' dog, Liesje! I'm a huge softy when it comes to animals, so I have a lot of respect for people like you who rescue them and find them good homes :hug:

Diemen, cool pics. I guess depending on how old those are, that photographer was either ripped off or is doing a little ripping off himself. I'll try to find them, but there's an entire different series using the exact same concept, only those ones were composited a little differently; almost like an overlay rather than having the gradual transition. I'll see if I can find them. They were a little more slick in the production and I think they worked a little better...
of course, there's even the chance that it's from the same photographer, but I think the style was too different for that to be the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom