Phophonyane Falls, Swaziland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck Crapital One. I worked for them. Never will again. Never will have one of their cards ever. I keep hoping they'll die as as result of the financial meltdown, but they appear to be going strong.

can't get over some of the weather forecasts i've seen around there. take care!

/driveby

Thanks Ian! It's not really that bad as long as you stay inside, I guess. My major worry lies somewhere in the fact that it's not even Summer yet.

That's scary.

ETA: I just read that there's a severe thunderstorm warning for most of SA. Brilliant.

Yeah, that's pretty familiar... I remember being in a car going down to the peninsula back in January in the evening after a 45' day, and we were right in the middle of a lightning storm for most of the time. Branches flying all over the road and shit. And, like then, apparently it's going to rain tonight, but I doubt too much.

Just found out that the fire hasn't been contained yet and a wind change might make it head closer to a little town nearby which I've spent a lot of my life making fun of. Well, let's see how this goes.

That is some crazy weather. We get wildfires in summer, here, too, but they're most in unpopulated areas. Reminds me of when the Santa Ana winds kick up in Southern California and threaten to burn Los Angeles to the ground.

well, I thought I was leaving, but my computer has decided to install an update and I can't shut my computer down until it's finished and I can't leave until I can restart my computer. And knowing these security patches, I'm going to be here for a while. Yay, stuck at work without getting paid for it.

Alternatively, I'm trying to think of something to bring in for a Thanksgiving pot luck at work. I've decided to pull a stunt with my offering, like tofurkey or gluten-free gravy, which has all the consistency and flavour of snot. Any ideas?

Woah, that was quick!

I'll be getting mine printed on Monday. Got a bunch to get printed, actually!

My Melbourne one hasn't come yet though. But oh my god :hyper:

And my new driver's licence arrived, and I actually look nice in the pic! Not like a deranged emo serial killer like I did in my restricted licence pic! :up:

Today was a good haul of mail :lol:

And my new driver's licence arrived, and I actually look nice in the pic! Not like a deranged emo serial killer like I did in my restricted licence pic! :up:

:laugh:

On my passport, I'm ORANGE.

:ohmy: Goodness me! How?!

My skin colour and the background of the passport ... mixed badly. Plus it's just a bad photo anyway. They wanted a photo of me with my glasses off and eyes open. Not so hard, you think. Is for me, with my various vision problems. The flash automatically caused my eyes to shut without glasses on, and I simply couldn't hold them open. So we had to get a photo of me with my head at exactly the right angle that you can see my eyes through the glasses, with no glare at all from the glass.

End result = shit photo.

Could be worse. Could be Green Da-

... oh WAIT.

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

Charlotte, you're seeing Green Day :love: Do you know who the opening act is over there?

We get stuck with JET! :(

Yes! My ticket for that arrived today as well :hyper:
I'm not sure! I haven't looked yet. God, NZ and Australia always seem to get crappy opening bands (see: U2/Kanye.)

Could be worse. Could be Green Da-

... oh WAIT.

:madspit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom