Philadelphia Has Ugly People and Just All Around Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd rather be from Philly than from Sydney.

Sydney is a grotesque, pathetic and a downright sad excuse for a city.

I read a report a few years ago that Philadelphia was leading the country in babies that were born breach by a wide margin. Doctors from all over the country were so concerned that they sent in a team to examine the phenomenon.

The team determined that the unusually high number of reported breach births was due to the fact that many of the residents who were delivering the babies were not from Philadelphia and couldn't tell the difference between the butt and the face.

True story.

Everyone in Philly is ugly except the Eagles Cheerleaders. Thats about it. San Francisco has some Pretty Ugly People.

How many of the people who've bashed Philly here have even been to Philly?

How many voters in the poll have been to Philly?

I rest my case.

By the way, there was a statistic a few years ago that said PA had the highest percentage of people who were born here and lived here as an adult. Take that for what it's worth (which is at least more than this poll).

I already told you I DROVE through Philly once. I even stopped at a gas station. Three of the four people at said station were ugly as hell. That's like ... what? .... 75% ugly?

That's high.

Plus the one person who wasn't completely unattractive was wearing a steelers shirt.

Well, my argument is sunk. Wow, four people.

And of course the 60,000 people in this poll all had the same experience as you.

Philly is a terrific city. The architecture is very cool, there is plenty to do and see, and it has so many great restaurants. Everytime I visit (my brother lives there), the people are very friendly. I'd even go as far as saying I've noticed many "beautiful people" enjoying the city. I've even seen Bono hanging out there.

Philly is okay. Definitely nowhere near the top of the list of American cities, but it's not at the bottom either. It's just okay.

Justin24 said:
San Francisco has some Pretty Ugly People.

They are all from Oakland though! :D

Philly is a great city - even better than O.K.! You just have to take into account that the city is like the underdog or wicked stepchild to NYNY and Washington D.C.

It is the cradle of U.S. History - it has its own accent - It has a healthy corporate base and like 300,000,000 colleges (including IVY league). Unfortunately, none of this adds up to good looks....but I am not here to defend that. I am just here to defend the city!

zoney! said:
Philly is a great city - even better than O.K.! You just have to take into account that the city is like the underdog or wicked stepchild to NYNY and Washington D.C.

It is the cradle of U.S. History - it has its own accent - It has a healthy corporate base and like 300,000,000 colleges (including IVY league). Unfortunately,
none of this adds up to good looks....but I am not here to defend that. I am just here to defend the city!

:hi5:

It's true, too. There are plenty of people who don't like their hometown. I legitimately love being from Philly, though. I'm a very nostalgic person in general, so I'll always love it here.

It does have a ton of colleges. Off the top of my head, the city and suburbs have:

Philadelphia
Villanova
Temple
St. Joe's
Penn
Drexel
LaSalle
Kutztown
Neumann
West Chester
Bryn Mawr
Cheyney
Lehigh
Swarthmore
Arcadia
Chestnut Hill
Holy Family
Immaculata
Ursinus

And I don't think I mentioned any community colleges, schools in Jersey, or anything farther west than Cheyney.

phillyfan26 said:
How many of the people who've bashed Philly here have even been to Philly?

:wave: I have, three times.

Actually, it's a great city, it's just that I don't really remember seeing any chicks who made me turn my head. :shrug: Well, not in a positive way. :uhoh:

I've been to other cities, and they all don't seem different from Philly in looks.

Though I've never been to Miami or SoCal, so... yeah.

Diemen said:

Watch it there, buddy. :mad:

Well, every city has to have one attractive person. :up:

UberBeaver said:
I like Philly. It's a fun town. Good bars and food and all that. I probably like it so much cause I'm ugly and I suck. :( It makes sense.

I thought that was MY reason!

I'm from Jersey---right between Trenton & Princeton, so Philly was just a stone's throw away---and I'll have to agree that neither folks in Jersey nor Philly are the most attractive in the world.

That said, I've been in DC now for the last 10 years and I've felt that this place is chock-full of hotties....yet it ranked 2nd or 3rd in the poll. :shrug: Of course, DC is mainly filled with transplants, so maybe that's a factor.

Back
Top Bottom