Philadelphia: Best Tippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Zagat magazine named Philadelphia the nation's best city at tipping. Leaving an average of 19.2%

I help out with 20% tips, thanks a lot.

I love Philedelphia!! But I hate the phillies cause there the Atlanta Braves enemy. LOL

i hate tipping.

it's different, in different countries though. some waiters/waitresses don't even get minimum wage as a result of the tips.

oh well, i guess it promotes good services, no?

Justin24 said:
I love Philedelphia!! But I hate the phillies cause there the Atlanta Braves enemy. LOL

And I hate the Braves, Mets, and Marlins because they're our enemies.

(The Washington Nationals get a pass, since they're the Expos. They don't hurt us.)

hahaha. The Phillies are better than the Braves this year. I hate the mets, and Marlins also. But you phillies. grrrrrrrrrrrr piss me off :)

Hey Phillyfan, I was at the game on Saturday night. It was quite a pleasure watching the boys pummel the Braves for 20 hits and 16 runs. We should have at least won 3 of 4 from them in the series, though.

A marlin Fan!!! A phillie fan. I am a fish out of water I live near San Francisco, but love the braves.

Nate Dogg said:
Hey Phillyfan, I was at the game on Saturday night. It was quite a pleasure watching the boys pummel the Braves for 20 hits and 16 runs. We should have at least won 3 of 4 from them in the series, though.

I was the afternoon game that day,lol. Nice to see that they could hold onto a win the 2nd time around :wink:

As for tipping I honestly on tip the waiter/waitress if I feel that they deserved it. Have encountered some really rude ones with horrible service. Than I have come across those that were friendly and did their job well. Those are the ones who walk away with a tip.

Numb1075 said:
philly is a great place to visit.

gino's philly cheesesteak:drool:
QFT, love the historical areas around Independance Hall. It's like the historical candy gem inside of a ghetto-crusted shell. All the slums that ring the city as you approach the new stadiums are super-depressing though.

I come into the city from the other side, so I don't see the slums.

The Phils should have swept the weekend series. :|

The Philadelphia atmosphere is great as long as you do two things: (goes for whatever you do in Philly, sight-seeing, games, anything)

1) Never wear memorabilia of out of town teams.
2) Know how to order a cheesesteak.

John Kerry lost the election for not knowing how to order (he tried Swiss).

Simple: American, whiz, or Provolone, with or without onions. So, I like American cheese without onions, so I order "American without."

Dude, I was so nervous ordering cheesesteaks in philly. There were long lines and I just didn't want to mess up and make an ass of myself. I went to Gino's and Pat's. Both were great.

Numb1075 said:
Dude, I was so nervous ordering cheesesteaks in philly. There were long lines and I just didn't want to mess up and make an ass of myself. I went to Gino's and Pat's. Both were great.

:lol:

Well, now you know. Most people know exactly what to say beforehand.

First Window: American Witout
Second Window: Coke, no ice

Back
Top Bottom