Phil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Why is it that drummers just dont get enough praise? My ex was a drummer and I used to love watching him play.. even picked up a little bit of it. Drums make the song pumpin imo!!

And Phil rocks .. espcially in songs like Electioneering oops I dont think I meant I might be wrong.. more like The Bends and Creep. What songs do the drums do it for you?

phil033.jpg

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 02-03-2002).]

In most cases, drummers just lay down a background for guitarists and vocalists. It's a behind the scenes job and only a few ever get recognized. I like Phil's drumming but it isn't outstanding. My favorite drummer is Danny Carey from Tool, check out Ticks & Leeches

Yeah I did actually for 4 years.
eek.gif

Their band rocked too. The singer sounded like a mix between Pearl Jam Eddie Veder sp? and Soundgarden, cant remember his name. They recorded a couple tapes but then the band had some personal differences and broke up.
mad.gif
I was all ready to be a groupie too.

Originally posted by qball7200:
I like Phil's drumming but it isn't outstanding.

um, your ignorance is rather disheartening here. do you have ANY idea, how hard airbag, idioteque,morning bell and dollars and paranoid android are?! this guy is one of the best in the business. there are many songs where my drummer says, we simply cant play those songs cause he cant play what phil does. and btw, my drummer is a rather good one.

Back
Top Bottom