Phantom of the Opera-Dec. 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Today I saw the trailor (online) for the Phantom of the Opera movie coming out December 22nd. I can't wait!!! The music always gives me goosebumps, and I got goosebumps just watching the trailor. Hopefully it will be good.

There's going to be *another* "Phantom of the Opera" movie? I've seen the original, it's a silent film from 1925. Nice, but really cheesy. This should be interesting.

Took my girls to see it last month...well..not the movie obviously..the play in NYC. Trying to get them to appreciate music other than the rap they listen to.

They said it was ok...not impressed...

Oh well..I tried..

I can't wait -- people have seen 15 minutes of this movie, and said if the rest of it is as good as these 15 minutes, it's Oscar material.

ALW put $90 million of his own money into it to make sure it gets done correctly, so I expect it to be great.

Mark Freedman said:
I can't wait -- people have seen 15 minutes of this movie, and said if the rest of it is as good as these 15 minutes, it's Oscar material.

ALW put $90 million of his own money into it to make sure it gets done correctly, so I expect it to be great.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

That's exciting!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

The full length trailer is available on AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18788

I hope it's good, I've always wanted to see a movie done. I've seen the musical twice, I always hoped they would pick the Phantom I saw, as he was supposedly one of the best since Crawford.

Gerard Butler is looking to be a hot Phantom, which I fear, means they've missed the point of the story. It sounds like his voice might be a bit weak for the part. But he sure does look sexy. :drool: :sexywink:

Welcome, Avsgirl! :yes:

Yeah Gerard Butler DOES look sexy, and I agree that means they may have missed the point....but still....he looks hot! We'll see on Dec. 22! (well actually my parents and I are going to see it on Dec 23)

I've been obsessed with POTO (i'll call it PHOTO for fun) since....well.....since my parents first played the CD (or back then record.....or was it tape?) for me. at some point i had all the words to all the songs memorized. now, being able to sing along is a whole other matter....:shifty:

verte76 said:
I'm definitely seeing it. I wonder if there will be giant lines on opening night, or if it will be easier to get in, or what?

I've been wondering that too. The Broadway/Musical/Just plain good movie enthusiasts will probably flock to it, but i doubt many of my generation will go see it. :(. They don't know what they're missing!

I am so excited to see this one! The Phantom is my most favorite Broadway show, and this movie better be good, or I would be so disappointed!

Back
Top Bottom