peyton manning > tom brady - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2004, 10:49 AM   #91
The Fly

Local Time: 06:40 AM
Yay the Dolphins found a way to rattle him and he got intercepted! Brady is beatable, and if Manning can outscore him and not screw up the Colts have an excellent chance (if they meet)

Old 01-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #92
Refugee

There was an article in the Chicago Sun-Times yeseterday about why Ryne Sandberg shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame. The author cited as a major reason the failure of any of Sandberg's teams to win any World Series.

It's horseshit, and saying Brady is better than Manning just because the Patriots have won two Super Bowls is, too.

Tom Brady is a superb quarterback who knows how to win games, just like Brett Favre. Like Favre, he's winning Super Bowls not only on that, but on the quality of his defense -- indeed, Brady is a quarterback, and thus only plays half the game. He can't win if his defense can't stop the other team.

Is it the opinion of anyone here that Tom Brady, integrated into the Colts' offense, would outperform Peyton Manning? What if Manning were similarly integrated into the Patriots' offense? Would he fail to live up to the standard set by Brady?

The only legitimate reason I see for saying Brady is superior to Manning is the one based upon their performances in the AFC championship game last year, where Manning's performance was curiously abysmal. Even so, I still regard Manning as a better quarterback, and I hope that the same is proved in the second round of these playoffs.

Old 01-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by IndyGoGirl
Yay the Dolphins found a way to rattle him and he got intercepted! Brady is beatable, and if Manning can outscore him and not screw up the Colts have an excellent chance (if they meet)

he did a great job of outscoring brady today. 0 td's? nice.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:12 PM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by knox

The only legitimate reason I see for saying Brady is superior to Manning is the one based upon their performances in the AFC championship game last year, where Manning's performance was curiously abysmal. Even so, I still regard Manning as a better quarterback, and I hope that the same is proved in the second round of these playoffs.
Keep hoping....

And....with three of the Pats KEY defensive players not playing....he really took advantage of it.

I tip my hat to Brady tonight!
Old 01-16-2005, 05:41 PM   #95
War Child

Local Time: 11:40 AM
Pats look good. Of the four teams still alive, you have to like them the best. Brady doesn't put up flashy numbers, but he is a winner. He rises to the occasion. Manning is great, but he still can't win a big game. You have to wonder whether Manning's great stats are a product of playing in the dome.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:14 AM   #96
Refugee

Payton Manning was the only person playing for the Colts tonight. It's no surprise that he can't throw a touchdown pass when the playcalling is reminiscent of disgraced Chicago coordinator John Shoop and all of his recievers are either shut down or incapable of catching a ball thrown to their numbers. The Patriots without a doubt had a better team, but I saw no evidence that Manning was a worse QB than Brady.

In fact, if we look at their statistics, Manning was 27/42 for 238 yards, while Brady was 18/27 144 yards. Brady had a touchdown against the abysmal Colts defense, Manning couldn't throw the ball downfield because of the Patriots' amazingly good secondary. Of course, it's all but certain that Manning would have thrown a touchdown on their only scoring drive if the clock had not been against the Colts. Manning's lone interception came on the last play of the game, a desperation throw hoping for a more respectable 20-10 score. Also recall that the Colts fumbled the ball twice, something that nobody can twist to be a strike against Manning.

Anyone who thinks that Manning isn't as good as Tom Brady because Brady has been on two championship winning teams needs to compare Brad Johnson to Dan Marino. The former won a championship, the latter never did. I'd rather have Marino than Johnson. Similarly, I'd rather have Manning than Brady.

Without Manning, I doubt the Colts would have even scored.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:07 AM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by knox
Payton Manning was the only person playing for the Colts tonight.
Tell that to Dwight Freeney

Quote:
The Patriots without a doubt had a better team, but I saw no evidence that Manning was a worse QB than Brady.
Here's your evidence: Brady won, manning lost. Brady threw for a TD, ran for a TD, and converted sveral key 3rd down passes.
manning threw 1 INT, and really it was 2, since Rhodes never had control of the ball Bruschi ripped away, so statistically it should be on Manning, but lets face it it belongs on Rhodes. And If Eugene Wilson could catch, Manning would have had another Int and the game would have been a shutout as it should have been.
Lets just compare the 2 QB's on 3rd and goal...Manning gets pressure, gets happy feet and throws the ball directly to Eugene Wilson(while not seeing 2 open receivers). Brady gets pressure, slides up and to his left, buys time and hits David givens in stride while throwing across his body for a TD.

Quote:
In fact, if we look at their statistics, Manning was 27/42 for 238 yards, while Brady was 18/27 144 yards. Brady had a touchdown against the abysmal Colts defense, Manning couldn't throw the ball downfield because of the Patriots' amazingly good secondary.
Yes the amazing secondary, with the 2 top corners on IR, a rookie starting at 1 corner and a wide receiver playing the slot receiver.
Quote:
Of course, it's all but certain that Manning would have thrown a touchdown on their only scoring drive if the clock had not been against the Colts. Manning's lone interception came on the last play of the game, a desperation throw hoping for a more respectable 20-10 score.
Oh yes its certain, if there were more than 3 minutes left, the Pats would have sent more than 2 pass rushers and not played prevent, Manning would never have gotten close enough to throw the end zone pick on the second to last play of the game.

Quote:
Anyone who thinks that Manning isn't as good as Tom Brady because Brady has been on two championship winning teams needs to compare Brad Johnson to Dan Marino. The former won a championship, the latter never did. I'd rather have Marino than Johnson. Similarly, I'd rather have Manning than Brady.
Now this is just laughable, please bring more than this to the table if you're gonna argue...1st...Brady has 2 Superbowl championships and MVPs and may have his 3rd in 3 weeks. If you're gonna compare, Manning is marino to Brady's Montana...and no doubt in my mind or most people's, I'd take Montana over Marino every Sunday.

Quote:
Without Manning, I doubt the Colts would have even scored.
As mentioned above, they scored in spite of Manning, the 3rd down throw to Eugene Wilson should have been picked (lets say the ball was "ripe for the picking"), but Wilson dropped it and Vanderjerk got to finally make a kick in Gillette.

Thanks for playing, go hit the golf course with Manning and Vandershank and enjoy your offseason yet again.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:39 AM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life

interesting the comparison of Marino to Manning....

I recognize the WHINE FACE on the screen yesterday. It was the Marino WHINE FACE.

Again, the Pats Defence is hurt. Missing three KEY players. Matched up against the supposed #1 offence.

One penalty on the Pats cost them four points.

Brady would have had 2 tds.....
Old 01-17-2005, 05:47 AM   #99
ONE
love, blood, life

[Q]And the Patriots have a better collection of players. There should be no further debate: Tom Brady is a better quarterback than Manning, no qualifiers necessary. If they were to go mano a mano in the Quarterback Challenge, my money would be on Manning, the prototypical passer. But in a competition that matters, Brady's the guy. He's 6-0 against Manning, 7-0 as a starter in the playoffs (including two wins against the Colts), and has two Super Bowl MVPs. Manning hasn't been to a Super Bowl yet. Regardless of which quarterback has the better defense and the better coach and yada yada yada, you are what your record says you are, and Brady's record versus Manning says Brady's the better quarterback. [/Q]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=1968528
Old 01-17-2005, 05:49 AM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

One penalty on the Pats cost them four points.

Brady would have had 2 tds.....
Actually no, Light's false start negated a TD run by Corey Dillon, not a Brady pass.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:51 AM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

It sums up this way...Peyton Manning is the best regular season, especially in a dome QB in the NFL currently.
Tom Brady is the best Championship QB in the NFL currently.

Again...eerily similar to Dan Marino and Joe Montana 15-20 yrs ago.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:38 AM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Actually no, Light's false start negated a TD run by Corey Dillon, not a Brady pass.
Ooops....beer....lol
Old 01-17-2005, 07:00 AM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

Thanks for playing, go hit the golf course with Manning and Vandershank and enjoy your offseason yet again.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:44 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by IndyGoGirl
I bet you won't have the guts to come here and post if the Colts win!
thoughts on the game? or is it you that is nowhere to be found?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:42 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

Anyone know where I can get one of those Colts AFC Championship shirts now?