peyton manning > tom brady - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2004, 06:30 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
might as well have taken Ryan Leaf a couple years back, if we were going on potential.
After having watched Ryan Leaf pick apart Michigan's defense in the 1998 Rose Bowl, I thought at the time that he'd be a better NFL quarterback than Peyton Manning.

Hoo boy.

Old 11-22-2004, 06:19 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Any mediocre QB can have a lucky Super Bowl. Remember Mark Rypien? Doug Williams? Anyone can get lucky and have a great game with great stats. That does not prove they are better than someone else. I'm sure there are QB's who never got to the Super Bowl like Dan Fouts (also due to poor defense) who are much better QB's than mediocre Tom Brady, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams. I'm happy for Doug though, he had an awesome game at exactly the right time. Everyone should be so lucky.
You seem to overlook tha fact that the "mediocre" Brady has been to and won 2 Super Bowls thus far and was MVP both times...and that "mediocre" QB threw for 354 yards and 3 TDs against the Panthers last year who had one of the league's top defenses.
And Manning is putting up marvelous numbers right now, wait till January and see if he can accomplish anything then.

I'll say it one last time...if I'm putting together a fantasy team, I'll take Peyton's Place, but if I'm putting together a real life NFL team and I want to win championships, give me Tom "Mediocre" Brady.

Old 11-22-2004, 07:00 AM   #33
Blue Crack Distributor

if i'm putting together any team, i'm taking peyton as my first QB... if peyton is off the board, i'm taking brady.

let's stop calling brady "mediocre," but by all means lets call a spade a spade... peyton's on track for 56 touchdowns this season. saying peyton manning is better than tom brady is not an insult.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

and i'm not taking it as an insult. i agree with hewson 100% here, fantasy wise ill take peyton and his stats. if i am in charge of a team and need to take a qb, it's brady.

we also can't forget that manning has one of the best receivers in the league on his team as well as one of the greatest running backs in the league for the past few years...brady does not have that huge go-to receiver, he's forced to distribute the ball around.

peyton's a great player, accumulates great stats and is a terrific qb. i just would rather have tom brady leading my team down the field in a 2 minute drill in the super bowl over peyton manning. plain and simple. i want tom brady on the field as my qb, not peyton if i had to choose. after tom, i'd probably pick peyton and then culpepper.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:20 AM   #35
The Fly

So, Peyton is a better Quarterback!
Old 11-24-2004, 06:01 PM   #36
The Fly

Local Time: 02:24 PM
Gotta go with Peyton being the better QB but obviously the Pats are the better team.

now.... just to get Eli up to speed....
Old 11-25-2004, 11:16 AM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor

4 more touchdowns... and it's only halftime...

if the colts play ANY kind of defense come playoff team... and they have been improving from game to game this year... then they WILL win the super bowl this year, and once Peyton has a ring, too... then we can finally end this argument and put Brady where he belongs... in the #2 slot.

and on a side note, i wish the indiana pacers were around to take out john cougar mellanhead. he steeenks.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:58 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

he needs 2
Old 11-25-2004, 11:24 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

id take peyton #1, brady #2

like headache said, thats not really an insult to brady

i used to think brady was a fraud and new england was stupid for letting bledsoe go, but he has made a believer out of me
Old 11-29-2004, 05:24 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

if the colts play ANY kind of defense come playoff team... and they have been improving from game to game this year... then they WILL win the super bowl this year,
Silly boy...the Colts will need a rather improbable collapse by the Steelers or Pats to get out of the #3 slot and get a bye week...unlikely to happen meaning the Colts road to Jacksonville will likely look like this:
1.Cozy indoor warm game against Jets or Broncos
2.Visciously cold outdoor game at Foxboro
3.Visciously cold outdoor game at Heinz Ketchup Field

No way Peyton wins parts 2 and 3 of that equation. He doesn't like winter.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:57 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Old 12-02-2004, 07:18 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

I can only hope someone upsets Pats in the first round, gets rid of them, then comes to Indy and loses. Hey, it could happen, look atr the lady who beat Ken the Jeopardy champ then lost the next day! I believe the Colts can whip anyone in the league except the Pats. No, I don't think this means they are better, it means they have their number. They always have, way before Brady and Manning ever set foot in the NFL. It's like a hex. I hope it can be beaten like the curse of the Bambino.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:19 AM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

peyton played like crap against the pats both in last year's afc championship game and the first game of this season... and both games were still in question in the final minutes.

yes... i would still favor the pats in a rematch of the afc championship game in foxboro. it's like the yankees and the red sox... the common sense bet was to always bet the yankees, 'cause the red sox had never proven that they can beat the yanks. well... that's over now. for now on you just pick the team based on who you think is better.

pats-colts? yea... you have to pick the pats, just because the colts have yet to prove that they can win in foxboro, despite falling just short their last two times. but by no means should you sell the colts short. they can win in foxboro... there's no question about that. the only question is will they. that, my friend, is still very open for debate.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:32 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

no they cant. end of debate.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:43 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Even though I want the fucking pats knocked off SO BAD, in a way I think a championship by Indy would be slightly tainted if they didn't beat them along the way. But I'll take it any way I can get it.