Peyton Manning: Over-rated.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first half was awesome! He got it done. As good as he is you can see how much better he could be and the whole team could be (if they can stop their stupid mistakes) Such incredible power and potential is there, especially with the emergence of Reggie Wayne in addition to Harrison. The only team they can't beat is the fucking patriots :madspit: that will come!!

A lot of guys don't have whole games like his first half.

I am a Colts fan and wanted them to win but I feel sorry for the Packer who fumbled, they kept showing his sad face on the sidelines. His finger was broken and he went back in, he shouldn't have. Of course if the Colts had stayed on pace it would never even have been close. 45-31, I'll take it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

now i'll tell ya who's overrated... michael vick. if he's such an explosive and dynamic player, why in the bluest of blue hells can his team only manage 2 fieldgoals against arizona? ari-fricken-zona!!

yup. he's a runner, not a passer.

Headache, he doesn't suck, you cursed him by speaking too soon. That's an old superstition my brother and I always had, don't speak of it until it's over or it will spoil it. Even knocking wood won't help. If I posted all the football superstitions we have you would think I was nuts, but I don't feel bad because I have heard a lot of the same from players and coaches in interviews! :lol:

U2Kitten said:
Headache, he doesn't suck, you cursed him by speaking too soon. That's an old superstition my brother and I always had, don't speak of it until it's over or it will spoil it. Even knocking wood won't help. If I posted all the football superstitions we have you would think I was nuts, but I don't feel bad because I have heard a lot of the same from players and coaches in interviews! :lol:

i was being sarcastic...

indy can't beat the patriots. after awhile, it gets in their head too, so they know they can't beat them. even when they "outplay" them, they lose.

StlElevation said:
indy can't beat the patriots. after awhile, it gets in their head too, so they know they can't beat them. even when they "outplay" them, they lose.

well there's a reason they've won 18 straight

not only are they the best team in the NFL right now ( maybe philly but this new core of philly players hasn't been around long enough to tell).

They are simply...one of the (if not the ) best team of all time. in the era of parity and free agency and all these things that have made teh nfl the most unpredictable league int eh NFL 2 superbowls in three years and 18 straight wins.....is just remarkable.

XXXVI

BradyMVP.JPG

XXXVIII

BradyTomHorizontalMVP.jpg

Lemme know when Peyton has 2 rings and 2 SB MVP's

oh, by the way

Manning in his biggest game of his life vs the Patriots...

therewere2__manning.jpg

DaveC said:
IMO, Peyton Manning is a better QB than Tom Brady is.
Peyton's in a system where he can put up big stats, he has a future hall of fame receiver in Harrison, Brady has neither, yet has won 2 SuperBowls, and also 2 SuperBowl MVP's.
Peyton's a fantasy football MVP, Brady's a championship MVP.
What is Manning's won-loss percentage as starter?
Brady's is currently highest in league history I believe.

sadly that colts team is already done they have major salary issues and can't invest in D fense. Polian has always built teams that were too light on the defensive side of the ball.

Manning fans just be glad your team wont get embarassed in 4 superbowls like the previous polian team...because they just can't beat the patriots.

Newflash for Tom Brady fans:

You point to his super bowl MVPs like they mean something, but they don't. Anyone who watches football knows Tom Brady was NOT the most valuable player of that superbowl, Ty Law was. Without him the Carolina receivers would have ran all over them and they would have scored 50 points. The NFL never gives the MVP to a defensive player, so that eliminates half the guys and always tries to give it to someone who sells, such a QB like Brady. Stick him on a team that's not complete and he's nothing. Anyone remember the AFC Championship game when the Steelers pounded his ass until he got hurt and then Drew Bledsoe came in and led then to a comeback. Brady doesn't even win that first SB MVP if he stays in that game; which reminds me of how Pittsburgh is going to ruin New England's run this week. GO BLACK AND GOLD!

TheFly84138 said:

You point to his super bowl MVPs like they mean something, but they don't. Anyone who watches football knows Tom Brady was NOT the most valuable player of that superbowl, Ty Law was. Without him the Carolina receivers would have ran all over them and they would have scored 50 points. The NFL never gives the MVP to a defensive player, so that eliminates half the guys and always tries to give it to someone who sells, such a QB like Brady. Stick him on a team that's not complete and he's nothing. Anyone remember the AFC Championship game when the Steelers pounded his ass until he got hurt and then Drew Bledsoe came in and led then to a comeback. Brady doesn't even win that first SB MVP if he stays in that game; which reminds me of how Pittsburgh is going to ruin New England's run this week. GO BLACK AND GOLD!

?

Ty Law had a rather subpar game in SB 38 -- he and a safety blew a coverage that led to Carolina's last TD, and I think he got beaten for a deep score somewhere else.

Brady, meanwhile, was 32/48, 354 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT. He definitely deserved that MVP.

The SB 36 MVP was a little more dubious -- I would have proposed chucking the MVP award entirely and awarding it to the team, sort of like what the Pats did to the opening intros -- but Brady's final drive -- 5/8, with two of the three incompletions being spikes -- probably sealed the deal.

TheFly84138 said:

Anyone remember the AFC Championship game when the Steelers pounded his ass until he got hurt and then Drew Bledsoe came in and led then to a comeback. Brady doesn't even win that first SB MVP if he stays in that game; which reminds me of how Pittsburgh is going to ruin New England's run this week. GO BLACK AND GOLD!

So, by your argument, Bledsoe is a better quarterback than Brady. Interesting.

Obviously, you're still a bit hurt about that game three years ago. Bledsoe didn't lead the team to a comeback. It was a close game at the time Brady got hurt, and he certainly wasn't having any problems on the drive he was leading when the injury occured. Bledsoe merely finished it off with the last two plays.

It was special teams that won it that day. It had nothing to do with Bledsoe coming in and leading a comeback. It would have been the same if Brady had remained in the game, because those 14 points off special teams had nothing to do with him. I suggest you search your memory bank before making such statements...

As for this weekend, well, we'll see. I think highly of your rookie QB for the years to come, but Big Ben wasn't very convincing this past weekend.

And don't place your hopes on the opposing kicker blowing it this time.

TheFly84138 said:

Yes Superbowl MVPs mean nothing, but Mannings 2 league MVPs mean so much more...hows it feel to root for a perennial playoff failure?

Wake up...Brady threw for 354 yds and 3 TDs against Carolina, he desrved the MVP, Ty Law as Speedracer mentioned, played poorly as did a lot of the Pats' secondary. The first SB victory over the Rams, there you could argue Ty Law as an MVP candidate since he returned a Kurt Warner pick for a TD and Brady's numbers were less impressive due to the Pats' game plan, but last year the MVP was well earned and deserved.

And Bledsoe came in and led them to a comeback?? Bledsoe came in and threw a TD pass yes, but the Pats were leading when he entered.

Please check facts.

Last edited:
DaveC said:

this coming from a Red Sox fan! :lmao:
You know Dave, that laughter would have actually meant something say 4 months ago, but seeing as the Red Sox are the current World Series Champion...it really doesn't have much effect any longer...go back and think up something thats actually current and relevant and try again. :)

Yes, you're so right. How could I possibly call a team that took 86 years to win a World Series, losing constantly year after year in the playoffs to stupid blunders a perennial playoff failure?

oh, silly ol' me.

[/sarcasm]

Gee if the glorious Peyton Manning had managed to win Sunday, then went on to beat the Steelers and Falcons, I guess he'd still be a perennial playoff failure too by your standards.

86 years is a bit different than 5 or 6, or however long exactly he's been in the league.

But we digress.

What makes you so sure the Falcons are in?

Back
Top Bottom