Pets affected by Katrina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catlady

War Child
Time is running out for these poor animals. Every hour that passes means more pets, locked behind closed doors in the disaster zone, will die of starvation. Rescue teams are working as hard as they can to reach as many pets as they can, and though they have rescued thousands, there are thousands more.

PLEASE, if you can, take a moment to log onto the HSUS website to send an appeal to President Bush and other federal and state officials who have the power to order National Guardsmen and other responders to assist with food drops, help supply rescue operations, and do whatever else it takes to save animals.

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/katrina_governmentresponse

Done.

I have also sent a donation for the animals along with my donation to the Red Cross.

They are shipping about 50 cats and dogs to a hospital near us on Monday, they were looking for area docs to help out but I will be in Chicago Mon-Wed :( They'll do basic check-ups and vaccines, then be placed for adoption in local shelters...

You guys are all awesome, thank you so much. If anyone is going to be here (Chicago) this week, hope to see you in the GA line....

Done.

This really breaks my heart seeing news reports of abandoned and sick animals. I've given to the Red Cross and donated to the animal rescue thru PetCo

PLEASE pass this website along to everyone you know!

I was watching Nature on PBS earlier and the were covering the Katrina Animal Rescue. Very difficult show to watch as so many animals were left behind. Some great rescues and heartwarming stories but some devastating images too.

At the end of the program, they said that they estimated 250,000 animals were left behind and only 15,000 were rescued.:sad:

But after going to the website, they are still leaving food for the animals that are running loose and continuing their efforts.

Two of my friends are going down there after Thanksgiving to spend a week catching cats (with humane traps); there are thousands of abandonded pets running loose in addition to the usual complement of ferals which can be found anywhere, urban or rural. I wish like anything I could go with them, I have no more vacation days.

Unfortunately, help will be needed down there for a long, long time to come.

Back
Top Bottom