Peter Ing and Gino Cavilini appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gickies Gageeze

Purgatory
i think i had one of these a long time ago, but its high time we have another.

lets name ALL the shitties that have played in the nhl, and remember - judge them on their names, not their skill.

ill start with a few:

1) Peter Taglianetti

2) David Volek

3) Shawn Burr

4) Adrien Plavsic

5) Kay Whitmore

6) Darcy Wakaluk

7) Peter Bozek

8) Dave Tippet

9) Jim Paek

10) Phil Bourque

ah yes, such classics deserve a thread of their own.

dont say i never do anything for you... :wink:

:hug: wanderer :hug:

Bubba Berensweig

Dick Tarnstrom

Oleg Kvasha

Michael Peca

Olli Jokinen

John Muckler

Zac Bierk (for one reason alone, he is the brother of Sebastian Bach of Skid Row!)

Stu Barnes

Maxim Afinogenov

Miroslav Satan (actually I like that one)

Any name that the tv announcer from Buffalo screams after a Sabre's goal.

well i guess after the trade deadline, its no player of any talent...:wink:

just kidding ofcourse.

they do have hope in maxim, connoly, some kid with the name K-something...and a few others. i still maintain biron is a great goalie.

Yes, I've always thought that Biron and Cloutier would be great goalies for the future... its not Biron's fault Buffalo couldn't win a game.

Other names:

Mika Kiprusoff

Wade Belak

Tony Twist (come on, that can't be his real name)

Nick Kypreos (oh, how I loathe thee)

Chris Pronger

Jeff Hackett

Steve Smith

Zarley Zalapski

Teppo Numminen

Last edited:
Tony Twist could kick your ass

and Chris Pronger could slash your ass

Oh dear Chizip, I always figured you had a deep down ass fetish... this thread is about funny names, I have nothing against those players, even though they are/were both St. Louis Foos, I mean Blues.

Radek Bonk (Bonk!)

Tom Barrasso (always reminded me of shaving cream)

Lubomir Sekeras (sorry for spelling, I always think of Sylvester the Cat when I hear his name)

I'm trying to avoid the Swedish, Eastern European and French Canadian names...they can't help it. I also want to keep this short.

Bates Battaglia (they claimed during the Chicago-Colorado game that his first name is John--what is he thinking??)

I second Tugnutt.

Greg deVries (I don't know why this one annoys me)

Pascal Trepanier

Tie Domi

Jeff Shantz (purely for being spiteful and changing the way his last name is pronounced this late in the season)

David Legwand

Owen Nolan (it just doesn't sound right)

Ziggy Palffy

Jozef Stumpel

AvsGirl41 said:
I'm trying to avoid the Swedish, Eastern European and French Canadian names...they can't help it.

I second Tugnutt.

Greg deVries (I don't know why this one annoys me)

I have no reservations about offending any type of name... I figure I will exercise equality by using all nationalities...

You guys beat me to Tugnutt, damn! (that's probably the best). As for Greg deVries I know what you mean... reminds me of Mr. Freeze and the terrible performance of Schwarzenegger in Batman and Robin...

Anyway, more names...

Lance Pitlick (hahahaha...hahahaha)

Richard Smelik

Tom Poti

Alexei Zhitnik (actually any of the "iks")

But the best was in Buffalo, whenever the announcer yelled this pass sequence...

"Brown, Wooley, Peca... Scores!!! Right where Grandma keeps the cookies!!!"

Johnson, Craig (Johnson is a slang word for penis, hahahahahahahahaha, oh man, I feel sorry for this guy, hahahaha)

Johnson, Ryan (Johnson is a slang word for penis, hahahahahahahahaha, oh man, I feel sorry for this guy, hahahaha)

Johnson, Greg (Johnson is a slang word for penis, hahahahahahahahaha, oh man, I feel sorry for this guy, hahahaha)

Johnson, Brent (Johnson is a slang word for penis, hahahahahahahahaha, oh man, I feel sorry for this guy, hahahaha)

Johnson, Mike (Johnson is a slang word for penis, hahahahahahahahaha, oh man, I feel sorry for this guy, hahahaha)

Johnson, Matt (Johnson is a slang word for penis, hahahahahahahahaha, oh man, I feel sorry for this guy, hahahaha)

Johnsson, Kim (Johnsson is very similiar to Johnson which is a slang word for penis, hahahahahahahahaha, oh man, I feel sorry for this guy, hahahaha)

Jonsson, Hans (Jonsson is very similiar to Johnson which is a slang word for penis, hahahahahahahahaha, oh man, I feel sorry for this guy, hahahaha)

Jonsson, Kenny (Jonsson is very similiar to Johnson which is a slang word for penis, hahahahahahahahaha, oh man, I feel sorry for this guy, hahahaha)

you guys arent trying hard enough. all these players still play in the league. go back 10 years or so, youll find some classics there.

How about...

Turk Broda (sounds like a Subway special)

Michel Goulet (sounds like a McDonald's special in French)

Guy Lafleur

Punch Imlach

Tiger Williams

Vincent Damphousse

Red Storey (actually any of the Reds)

... I have to say chizip, those fallic names were pretty good... but, you forgot...

Mike Peca (already mentioned)

Corey Pecker

alright, try these on for size

----

leif rohlin

dean malkoc

corey hirsch

sergei krivokrasov

pat conacher

shawn antoski

john macyntire

yevgeni davydov

---

that should wet your thirst...:wink:

The one that Wanderer posted looks like Lindy Ruff (coach of the Sabres)...

I hear Lindy likes it ruff... I thought Chizip would like that one.

The Wanderer said:
say, did i hear correctly that the beezer made a ratial slur and got kicked out of hockey?

yes he did, and deservedly forfeited his rights with the team... what was he thinking. He was a possibility for the Hockey Hall of Fame, but now I have trouble seeing him being nominated.

I hear Lindy likes it ruff... I thought Chizip would like that one.

That is pretty good, but I heard Lindy needs to trim her ruff, if ya know what I mean.

Garth Butcher was a good name.

Speaking of hockey names, go here to find out your hockey name.

My hocky name in Canadian is: Gordie McRehmchuk
in French-Cnadian: Denis La Rehmieux
in Russian: Slava Rehmov

pretty accurate if ya ask me.

I remember that name site. I can't get it to load at the moment, but I do remember my Russian one was Yuri Rappeov.

I got more, a few thanks to the Colorado-Phoenix game!

Darn, someone beat me to Damphousse.

Branko Radivojevic

Kelly Buchberger

Serge Aubin

Per Svartvadet

Kimmo Timonen

German Titov

Speaking of names that are funny from games we saw today...

How about

Brett Hull (more like Brett Full(of himself))
Bendan Shanahan (more like Brendan Highstickahan)
Serge Federov (more like You'reGay Federov)
Steve Yzerman (more like Steve Geezerman)
Chris Chelios (more like Chris Cheli-blows)
Daren McCarty (more like Daren McCrappy)
Kirk Maltby (more like Kirk Wannabe)
Kris Draper (more like Piss Draper)
Thomas Holstrom (more like Thomas Notsostrong)
Niklaus Lidstrom (more like Dickless Lidstrom)

I really hate those losers. It's a good thing I dont have stupid sounding names like they do.

You're an avalanche fan, you are supposed to share in my hatred for those crap nuts. You must be one of those bandwagon fans that doesn't even know who your rivals are. :wink:

Speaking of losers I saw today...

Al MacInnis (Al McAnus... I hear McDonald's is in talks to name a sandwich after him)
Chris Pronger (no need to play with that one)
Pavol Demitra (Asshole Demitra)
Keith Tkachuk (Keith Upchuck)
Chris Osgood (Chris Os-suck)
Barrett Jackman (Barrett Jackoff)
Joel Quenneville (mole menhill... ya, this is getting stupid... so I must continue...)
Brent Johnson (Bent Johnson... hey Chizip, isn't that your on-stage name?)
Curtis Sanford (Curtis Sand-turd)
Reinhard Divis (Realbad Syphillis... oh, that's right, this is your on-stage name)
Valeri Bure (salary pure?)

I thought whatever his name would like this Chizip (shiznit?) (dipshit?) (shizzle?) (douchebag?)... I'm just kidding... or am I?

Chizip said:
You're an avalanche fan, you are supposed to share in my hatred for those crap nuts. You must be one of those bandwagon fans that doesn't even know who your rivals are. :wink:

:madspit:

I do like the Red Wings. They are a talented bunch of guys--and awesome off ice. I've tried to hate them and I can't. I'm not going to run around in a Red Wings jersey or anything, but they are a great team and I respect them.

And yeah, I really want to be associated with the "fans" who attend Detroit-Colorado games just to *boo* the Red Wings, but don't even bother cheering for their home team. I mean, what the hell is the point of that? Those are the bandwagon jumpers.
They couldn't even name the rest of the Western Conference.

It's my opinion that the on-ice rivalry has been dead for the last two years. It's mostly a fan rivalry now and that is pretty silly given the lack of anything to really hate.

I reserve my hated for the Dallas Stars. I have never seen them play a clean game against Colorado. They can't even eat at The Chop House without getting kicked out--unless their behavior has improved post Eddie Belfour, which I doubt. If Avalanche "fans" had a brain, they'd boo them instead.

AvsGirl41 said:
I reserve my hated for the Dallas Stars. I have never seen them play a clean game against Colorado. They can't even eat at The Chop House without getting kicked out--unless their behavior has improved post Eddie Belfour, which I doubt. If Avalanche "fans" had a brain, they'd boo them instead.

If I had a billion dollars for everytime I heard that... I could post bail for the Eagle.

Avalanche "fans"... I think I'll save that one.

Back
Top Bottom