Peter Gabriel "Up" - Any fans? Post your comments here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Just bought it today and giving it a first listen. So far I am very pleased! :hyper:

Peter Gabriel in my opinion is brilliant! :bow:

Yay for innovative music. I tell you, if it wasn't for the UK I think I would be lost because some of my favourite music comes from that country... (and Ireland of course).

:D :D :D

Track three is a killer. :dance:

I do love Peter Gabriel, but I dont think I'll get it. I still havent heard any of the songs yet, so I may change my mind if I hear some of them and like 'em.

I have it, it's good, but not 10 year-wait good.

2 tunes are at least 5 years old. "I Grieve" and "Signal to Noise"

I read were he had almost 80 tracks written (probably most just instrumental). And we get 8 new tracks, in addition to the 2 older ones, and the shameful token (Steam/Sledgehammer) The Barry Williams Show. Not a horrible song, but not representative of his great work.

Darkness is very Genesis like (my fav)
Sky Blue and No Way Out are great
those and the 2 older tracks are my top 5.

I think it's a really good record that is a bit under my expectations, but it's still better than 90% of the other bullshit on radio and TV.

Us=awesome
So=really good
Passion=incredible
Security=great

and um.......

Up=good stuff

(should have gotten off his ass a lot earlier)

I have read a few reviews and it sounds like the album takes a long time to warm up the listener. They've compared it to 'Us' with the main exception being the lack of uplifting moments. 'The Barry Williams Show' isn't supposedly reflective of the majority of the album, which is dreary and melancoly.

I loved "So" like everyone else. I enjoy most of "Us", and his earlier solo work had its moments. I'm unsure about this album, so I'd have to hear more than just "The Barry Williams Show", and "I Grieve", the later I heard on the "City of Angels" soundtrack ( I think they're the same versions).

Back
Top Bottom