Peter Gabriel, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Anyone like Peter Gabriel? He's a VERY VERY VERY close second to U2. In fact, I may like him a teeny-bit more than U2 at times.

HEHEHE:)

well I can't say I like him more than U2..but I do like him. I had a nice warm fuzzy Peter Gabriel surprise recently. Hub took the file of Bono at the recent Pavarotti concert to work to burn me a CD. I heard the three tracks and then another song came on, a "bonus track" as he said.
Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush singing "don't give up" Made me cry it did. That song is very very VERY special to me. I groove to "Sledgehammer" love it and I bought an old Peter Gabriel vinyl record recently..........so

yes , I admire his work too

Elvis Presley said:
I really like Peter Gabriel, his last album was crap though imo....

I was actually just going to say that. Great minds think alike and stuff, or maybe really crappy minds think alike too. Which ever.

I'm not a Peter Gabriel fan, I don't listen to his music, but I do love "In Your Eyes". Its so sweet and simple, I love it! :cute:

Perle

to me his best stuff is the "secret world 1993" concert video and cd. that would rank in my top 5 concerts.

his new cd........:scratch: :down:

sorry peter....I expected more than that after 10 years wait.

I love Peter Gabriel's work..

Some of his older work is pretty theatrical and he put a LOT of effort into secret world LIVE (which is my favorite of his works)..we got our hands on the Spain concert from SWL...really well orchestrated!!!!and he attributes his effort to U2 in his dialog of the concert tour BTW.:yes:

I've been in Munich at PG gig in may, and the show was awesome! Iam a bigg fan of Pete and his band for 15 years, and was the first time to see them live!

After the gig I mailed a with Tony Levin, Pete's bassplayer! I made him a little site too, where I uploaded some pictures. Now I share it with you:

http://limelight.pcdome.hu/tony/

Ditto...

Gabriel is the best overall showman to come out of England.

Best Album: So..............many choose from....
Worst Album: NA
Best Song: Too many
Worst Song: NA

:lol:

I'm a HUGE Peter Gabriel fan (he comes right after U2) and I actually thought his last album was Genius! To begin with he did an amazing Daniel Lanois song with the Blind Boys of Alabama and it is gorgeous and then the rest of the album gets stuck in my head all the time unlike a lot of his others. I really don't understand why people don't like "Up". It's not that much different than "US" which everyone seems to love. I guess everybody just had high expectations because it took him 10 years to finish.

Didn't want to start a new thread, since this one (and a few more) already exist!

I have So and love it! I have Us on cassette. Honestly I haven't listened to it too much but I do like the hits like Digging... and Steam. I find him strange, he's either total pop or completely experimental/world music kinda thing. There is no mid way!?

What's his most essential album? Melt?

Does anybody have Big Blue Ball? The sound samples were interesting!

I grew up listening to mainly U2 and Peter Gabriel.. the 4 albums with his same name have a great meaning to me. they are all very tied as they were a part of something bigger..

I strangely called them with the names of the 4 elements
1-Water
2-Air
3-Earth
4-Fire
they seemed to have a lot of refering to Water on the first, for instance, or to Fire on the 4th... just me!
:D

Peter Gabriel is definitely on my list of artists to investigate, :hmm:

I really know nothing about his stuff, apart from the Kate Bush duet which is played regularly on the Gold FM station here and which I love. And I liked the song that was included on the City of Angels soundtrack... "I Grieve" I think it was called.

So I finally got Up yesterday. I'm not going to say it's crap. Maybe because I didn't have to wait 10 years for it. Was certainly not his best though. And I still love I Grieve so that' s a big plus on its side

You should absolutely, totally and completely Netflix the "Secret World" DVD. You don't even have to know his music to enjoy it. :up:

Peter Gabriel attended a LOT of Zoo Tv shows. He thought it was an amazing acheivment at the time

I love how in the interview in the bonus features for "Secret World" he mentions how he HAD the idea for ZooTv, then he went to a U2 show and saw his idea on stage :laugh: Kinda cool though to know that no matter what, something like ZooTv would've happened.

Oh and Zoots, I just noticed your questions:

His newest album is "Up" It's semi-decent, but nowhere near his best. Melt's like..his third album? I can't remember, it's:

Peter Gabriel 1 < I think this one's Car
Peter Gabriel 2 < I think this one's Scratch
Peter Gabriel 3 < I believe this one may be Melt
Peter Gabriel 4 < I know this one is also called "Security"
So
Us
Up

As for BBBall, I haven't heard it yet, don't know if I'd be interested in it either, since there's not really a lot of Gabriel on there.

Peter Gabriel 1 < I think this one's Car
Peter Gabriel 2 < I think this one's Scratch
Peter Gabriel 3 < I believe this one may be Melt
Peter Gabriel 4 < I know this one is also called "Security"
So
Us
Up

I know all that! My question was which one do you recommend???

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom