Peter Brock Dies In Race Accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
:(

Yahoo.com.au

Nine-times Bathurst 1000 winner and Australian motor racing legend Peter Brock has been killed while competing in the Targa West Tarmac Rally in Western Australia.

Brock was partnered by Mick Hone in the race and they were competing in a Daytona Coupe.

The West Australian Police Major Crash Squad has confirmed the car collided with a tree after going off a road near Gidgegannup, in Perth's north-east.

The Targa West Rally began in Perth yesterday and takes place over four days and is divided into two categories - competition and challenge.

Brock was born in Melbourne in 1945 and dominated Australian motor sport for the past three decades.

His great-great-uncle, Henry James, was a founder of the RACV and organised Australia's first motor sport event - the 1905 Sydney to Melbourne reliability trial.
ADVERTISEMENT

In 1969, the manager of the newly formed Holden Dealer Team, Harry Firth, gave Brock his break with an offer to drive at Bathurst in a Monaro GTS 350.

Brock won his first Bathurst title in 1972 driving solo in a Torana XU1.

He was nicknamed "Peter Perfect" and later became known as the "King of the Mountain" after his success in the endurance races at Bathurst.

In 1997, Brock retired from full-time V8 Supercar racing and launched the Peter Brock Foundation, which provides support to a wide range of community programs.

He is survived by his three children.

Rest in peace Peter Perfect - you truly were 'King of the Mountain' and motorsport has lost a part of itself today.

You will be sorely missed.

totally unexpected. despite the obvious risks, there's very few accidents in motor racing, especially in aus - accidents which cause serious harm or death, anyway.

i really cant believe that 2 aussie icons havr died in the past week

u know they say bad things come in 3....i hope this isnt the case

edit: What the fuck is going on that writer died thats three people gone:sad:

Last edited:
Ah man I hate when rally drivers crash - the death of Richard Burns is still fresh in my memory :(

:rip:

Back
Top Bottom