Peter Bjorn and John: Writer's Block

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
I'm sure you've heard this by now. If you haven't heard the song "young folks" or "amsterdam" you're missing out. These guys are bringing whistling back in style. There music is very original.

Re: Re: Peter Bjorn and John: Writer's Block

inmyplace13 said:

Andrew Bird beat them to it.

Have you heard "young folks"? It's got to be one of the catchiest tune I've ever heard.

I really enjoy them, my favorite tune right now is Up Against The Wall which has a retro 80's kinda New Order vibe (at least to me) that I like (which is strange because I don't really like reto 80's music)...

There are moments as well that I swear the lead singer is channeling John Lennon. My wife discovered them before me and I heard her listening to one song and I could have sworn it was Lennon...

elevated_u2_fan said:
I really enjoy them, my favorite tune right now is Up Against The Wall which has a retro 80's kinda New Order vibe (at least to me) that I like (which is strange because I don't really like reto 80's music)...

Same here!

Re: Re: Re: Peter Bjorn and John: Writer's Block

boosterjuice said:

Have you heard "young folks"? It's got to be one of the catchiest tune I've ever heard.

It's hard not to have heard Young Folks, and yeah I dig the tune. I'm not slagging off PB&J, hell I might even catch some of their set this weekend at ACL, I'm just saying the Birdman is a champion whistler and has been doing it longer.

elevated_u2_fan said:

There are moments as well that I swear the lead singer is channeling John Lennon. My wife discovered them before me and I heard her listening to one song and I could have sworn it was Lennon...

...if Lennon had a Swedish accent, maybe. ;)

Very good album. I have to be in the right sort of mood for it, but it's nice when you just want something light to listen to. Amsterdam is a great track. So is Objects Of My Affection.

I just had the awesome chance to review PB&J in concert... (see the main page of Interference) it was a great show! For those of you that like the album, I would highly recommend seeing a live show... the songs just take on a different vibe altogether :)

Back
Top Bottom