Pete Yorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ok, so I've heard this great song on the radio that I was really diggin' but I had no idea who did it until finally I heard a DJ mention that it was Pete Yorn. aha, says I, methinks I have heard his name come up on some of those "what albums did you buy this year" lists. So lo and behold, I went out and bought it sight unseen (except for Life on a chain) and I'm really liking it so far. Anyone know more about this artist? Comments? Reviews?

I really like 'For Nancy'. I heard it on the radio one day and went to go download it. 'Life on a chain' is good too.

And... get a load of this!!! LOL.

Winona Ryder is apparently being helped through her crisis as a suspected shoplifted by her new boyfriend singer Pete Yorn who follows a long line of musician companions for the actress.

Winona's past exes include Beck, Dave Grohl, Evan Dando, Dave Pimer of Soul Asylum and actor and sometime Oasis guest guitarist
Johnny Depp.

Yorn, 26, scored music for the 2000 Farrelly Brothers film
Me, Myself, & Irene starring Jim Carrey and his song "Strange Condition" also appears on the Elektra soundtrack to the film.

His song Just Another is featured on the compilation album for the
television series Dawson's Creek, Songs From Dawson's Creek
Vol. 2. Yorn's solo debut album Music for the Morning After was released earlier this year on Columbia Records.

According to the New York Post at least one person who won't be surprised by Winona's latest beau is Courtney Love who recently said, "You're no one in music until you have a feud with me or until you sleep with Winona!."

Ryder's lawyer Mark Geragos has said her arrest for alleged shoplifting is a misunderstanding. Geragos said Ryder was merely carrying items between departments in Saks' Beverly Hills store not trying to steal them. He also said she has a valid prescription for the painkillers found in her possession and receipts for the items she allegedly stole

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Yep, that Winona sure is a whore. lmao

I have the Pete Yorn album, and it's great!

biggrin.gif

------------------
The Lemon Pure PopAngel

I *loveth* That whole CD
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles."

The Man Corral

yeah, i bought this CD a month ago and totally fell in love with it.

OMG, Sicy that article you posted on Winona is too funny. She is truly a rock whore...LOL!
I love this quote According to the New York Post at least one person who won't be surprised by Winona's latest beau is Courtney Love who recently said, "You're no one in music until you have a feud with me or until you sleep with Winona!."
LMAO!!!!!!!!

A friend bought himself a burner (much to his wife's horror, he's a card-carrying dreamer already) He gave me Joe Louis Walker, Joe Henry and Peter Yorn "Music For the Morning After". Can't say I've listened to any of them yet.
Peter Yorn, good eh? I'll put it on this morning, while I'm waiting for half time
smile.gif
Go the Rams!!! Go U2 !!!!

I'm going to be shameless and bump my own topic back up because I want to talk about this guy more.
biggrin.gif
I've been listening to yon album over and over and over for the last two weeks and it's totally grown on me. Initially 'Life On a Chain' was the song that hooked me, but now I find myself rocking out to 'Black', 'For Nancy(coz it already is)' and 'Murray' while songs like 'On Your Side' and 'EZ' can almost bring me to tears.

When is this guy touring near my area dammit?

I posted about him a while ago. Fabulous CD. Worthwhile purchase on my part. and your of course.

------------------
*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

flibbertigibbet

The Edge, it's a direct object.

"I'm forgetful. But above all, I'm lazy."

I really like the album too. I found it interesting that "Murray" was written about Murray Wilson, the father of Dennis, Carl and Brian of the Beach Boys.

------------------
Me3

This guys live act is awesome. I saw him in August after a girl I met at a bar told me about him and have been a big fan since August. I both saw Pete and U2 in a matter of 4 days in November/December....what an awesome week that was. Black and Closet rock!

I've been a fan ever since MTV|2 started playing "Life on a Chain" nonstop as one of their Handpicked artists (he also happens to be on their Handpicked album). He's a great singer/songwirter, and I hope he'll pave the way for more of his kind and help kill that bubblegum crap. I hope he gets best New Artist of 2001, at one of those award thingies (when are the Grammys?).

Back
Top Bottom