Pet Sounds is a lot better than I remembered [/sad U2man ripoff]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
cooper_black_3a.png

I think I actually like this album now. :) It took about 20 listens, and I still think there are a few weak links (Here Today + Pet Sounds can go jump in a lake :madwife: ) and it's still overrated, but I will concede...

This is a damn good album.

First listen: 5.5-6.0
Listen earlier today: 8.0-8.5

:up:

I think it's a great record! A bit overrated, but still very good.

namkcuR said:
"God Only Knows" is the best song the Beach Boys ever put to a record.

agreed. but i dont think the album is the masterpiece it is often talked about as.

how can this album be overrated?

I know music is a lot about personal taste and personal opinion but the sublimeness of the melodies, the brilliance of the arrangements, the genius of the rhythm section (God only Knows boggles the mind for about an hour because of the way a perfect rhythm is created while nothing remotely like a normal drum trach is on there) the perfect vocals on this album and its importance in the way artist would approach "an album" as more as a vehicle to support a couple of potential hit singles are undeniable acts

I know not evenmy girlfriend will agree with me on this, but the utter brilliance of Pet Sounds is beyond taste
it is a masterpiece just because it is

boke

Salome said:
the utter brilliance of Pet Sounds is beyond taste

Aye right, yer Ma.

Salome said:

the utter brilliance of Pet Sounds is beyond taste

You really should write for Rolling Stone.

Canadiens1160 said:
Why does no one like Sloop John B? I fucking love Sloop John B :sad:

I agree with this. It's an amazing cover. :up:

Salome said:
how can this album be overrated?

I know music is a lot about personal taste and personal opinion but the sublimeness of the melodies, the brilliance of the arrangements, the genius of the rhythm section (God only Knows boggles the mind for about an hour because of the way a perfect rhythm is created while nothing remotely like a normal drum trach is on there) the perfect vocals on this album and its importance in the way artist would approach "an album" as more as a vehicle to support a couple of potential hit singles are undeniable acts

I know not evenmy girlfriend will agree with me on this, but the utter brilliance of Pet Sounds is beyond taste

my sincerest apologies for all the typos in that
half the keys on this laptop don't seem to work properly :D

I would be tempted to say that I'm about as bad at writing as most people here are at listening :D

Back
Top Bottom