Perfume.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I think I brought this up quite awhile ago(maybe a year?)...but oh well.
All I wanted was a new perfume...so I stopped at the fragrance department at the Bon(Bon/Macy's now)...I'm content smelling something I like and a lady starts to talk to me about new fragrances...smell this...yadda yadda yadda. Now instead of saying "I'm doing fine by myself" I let her ramble on and on. Finally I say "Thank you" and walk away. She kept suggesting fragrances that would work for teenagers or Britney Spears fans. I cannot outright be rude to salespeople, because I work in retail and understand. However, I don't work on commission at all, and the new Bon/Macy's does. So I walk on to Nordstrom, where the set-up is nicer for fragrances anyways. They were polite, allowed me to walk about smelling whatever I desired. They offered advice, and they were not pushy one bit.
I still didn't find one I really loved, so I bought makeup instead.
I think I'm going to Sephora tonight, I like the no hassle environment.
What perfumes do you ladies wear?
What perfumes do you men like?
Burburry Brit was one of my favorites, oh and I liked Chanel Chance.
Oh, and I have FCUK Her right now(yes, I pretty much bought it because of the name) and I like it, but in 5 months, I have never, not once received one compliment on it. No one has even mentioned it in a bad way.

Love Spell from Victoria's Secret is lovely.

Passionate Kisses was my favorite (everybody told me I smelled like candy), but I can't find it anymore. :mad:

I have a gorgeous DKNY perfume that I wear for special occassions. For everyday I use a Body Shop moonflower spray, it smells lovely and it's not insanely expensive. :up: Oh, and it doesn't make me sneeze like some perfumes do, lol. :reject:

I collect perfume and am really embarrassed about it. But I am addicted to good smells, so here's the ones I have gotten alot of compliments on:

1. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
2. Stella McCartney
3. Vera Wang
4. DKNY Black Cashmere
5. CK Obsession
6. Michael Kors
7. Anna Sui and Anna Sui Dreams

I like the smell of Happy and Heaven. But the strongest reaction I've had for perfume is when my friend would wear Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. It made me wanna do naughty things :ohmy: The only bad thing is, some people might think it's an "old lady" perfume.

Heaven - Gap
Heavenly - Victoria's Secret
Poeme - Lancome
Ocean Dream - Grigorio Beverly Hills
Sheer Freesia - Bath & Body

I get the most compliments on Heaven, but Sheer Freesia is my favorite

Last edited:
Eternity by Calvin Klein is my favourite.

Make sure you ask for samples of any perfumes you want to try. Most stores have lots of samples to give away (and not just perfume).:wink:

I don't use any perfume :reject: I smell like nothing :D

I have a bad noise and all the perfumes are the same for me but my sister buys one of PUPA, in a rose chaped bottle, is nice. She said that "chance" of coco chanel was great...

I am a perfume junky- my grandmother made me a lover of perfume and thankfully, over the years she always bought me perfume for my birthday and christmas..............

I have at the moment....
Ralph Lauren
Ana Sui 'dreams'
Giorgio 'G'
Aqua diGio
Jean Paul Gaultier- this is the one perfume that I get the most comments about, it must just really suit me, I get amazed at how many people notice this......
Chloe
Escada

I want.............
Issey Miyake- Leau D'Issey
Gucci 'Rush'- had a bottle of this before, and I just love it
Rochas 'Byzanze'- again had this before and I love it- nice for night time,

Like I said I am a perfume junky, but they are soooooooo nice:drool:

I con't tolerate strong perfumes, but I find Elizabeth Arden's to be very fresh and tolerable..Btw, Britney is doing a line for them :| Their newest one is called (I think) Phenomenal Woman, something like that. Supposedly, accdg to the saleswoman, men can't resist it :rolleyes: She gave me a sample of the lotion and it smelled nice. I love their Sunflowers, Green Tea, Spiced Green Tea, and Red Door

I love pretty much anything at Bath and Body Works

Opium is hot :yes:

I googled Pink Sugar....is this it?

P44903_hero.jpg

By Aquolina

Pink Sugar

Stylish and lively, with a distinctive personality, Pink Sugar takes you on a journey through the pleasures and flavors of childhood with a playful blend of vanilla and caramel.

Right now i'm using Burberry Brit :up: I love the way it smells and it lasts along time on me

I also like Emporio Armani, Armani Mania, Dior Addict....among others...everytime I buy perfume I change. I've never used one twice

I love all of you, but please do not come near me wearing perfume of any kind. :wink:

I only wear Gap Dream and I've been wearing it since I was in 7th grade :lol: (but I like Gap Pink a lot too)

I like my man to wear Victoria Secret for men II (whatever it's called) or Candies for men.

Nothing over $15/bottle!

Right now I'm taken by Sensi. I don't know who it's by. And, of course, I have to order some more Bvlgari Blv. Very nice!!!

Unforunately perfumes still make me feel unwell, which is a shame cause I love nice aromas. So I'm still using an oil from India
Spiritual Sky- Frankincense
I do now have quite an array of moisturisers( fighting the visble signs of aging battle) and bath gels.I lovethe smell of Dove Body Silk. I ABSOLUTELY love it when hub says "oh, you smell nice"

:lmao: my new dog Otto is a moisturiser junkie. I use a cocoa butter on my feet and he always tries to lick it off. It tickles. He was trying to lick it through my socks last night. Otto :heart:

Like others here, I have what I like to call a perfume "problem." I have at least 17 Bath and Body works body splashes not to mention my numerous parfumes.
Okay, here's what I like:

Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Her 2
Donna Karen Cashmere Mist (loved for years, now it's popular)
Vera Wang
Cartier
MAC MV5 (one of the best citrus parfumes ever)

I just got White Tea and Ginger from Bath and body works and its great. Body splashes are on sale for $5 bucks a bottle. That's a steal.

cass said:
Unforunately perfumes still make me feel unwell, which is a shame cause I love nice aromas.

That reminds me of my piano teacher. She was allergic to everything so I couldn't wear ANY perfum, body spray, lotion, hair products, or deodorant during my lessons or she'd get sick. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom