Perfect Circle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their song "Judith" is really good and really rocking, but it's the only song of theirs I've heard. Maybe someone else can enlighten us as to the rest of their music.

a perfect circle? if it's the same band, their singer is the frontman from tool, maynard james keenan, and they had a few popular songs on their debut album a few years ago ("judith", "3 libras") if it's a different band, i'm not sure of the answers to your questions.

Yes, A Perfect Circle is the "side" project of lead singer of Tool, Maynard James Keenan. The band is out on a pre-release album tour (their new album comes out on September 19th) which is why you might be hearing so much about them lately. I myself tried to get tickets for their show here in NYC and the tickets sold out in 30 seconds! grrr....

Believe me, the hype of the band is NOT just because Maynard is the lead singer....they are a kick ass band and their last album was amazing. Check them out sometime. :)

Yeah, their last album was extremely hyped up also.

The bass player from Zwan was in Perfect Circle for a short while.

we love them here and eagerly await their new album.
Go to theie show if you get the chance.....I heard Maynard likes his fine wine....we all do I suppose.
PS:apc is the popular abbreviation of their name...if you should happen to participate in the "band names" thread:D

u2popmofo said:

The bass player from Zwan was in Perfect Circle for a short while.

Yup...and how's this for more irony. James Iha, former guitarist in Smashing Pumpkins is now in A Perfect Circle. Looks like Billy and Maynard played a game of "let's swap some band members."

They're touring here.

I do enjoy TOOL somewhat, so should I go see them in an intimate club-style setting?

I would definitely go see this band if you are at all interested in Tool (one of my favorite bands.)

JMK is simply crazy.

The bassist for APC is now Twiggy Ramirez who used to be in Marilyn Manson (who is also crazy.)

Classify them as Alt-Art rock, and enjoy...

ouizy, please don't tell me you were able to snag tickets to the Irving Plaza show because I will cry....:(

You've convinced me. I got tickets.

Better be worth it!

:sexywink:

To be honest I do not know much of their music, but I do very much respect the players in the band as most of them were either great studio musicians, or in great, creative bands such as Tool and Marilyn Manson.

I hope you have a great time.

I hope you will send a review of the show.

No - I am not seeing them at Irving Plaza.

I will, however see Tool whenever they come around...

Paz is no longer with the band sadly....her replacement is the bassist from Marylin Manson.....also former smashing pumpkins guitarist James Iha is now part of the perfect circle.

Sadly, after an amazing trilogy of discs, APC = RIP. In a recent interview, Maynard said they would never record again, and then, I just saw this:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Lauren Schneider, 212.333.8173

email: lauren.schneider@umusic.com

A PERFECT CIRCLE FOUNDER, BILLY HOWERDEL SIGNS TO ISLAND RECORDS AND BEGINS, ASHES dIVIDE – ALBUM DUE MARCH 2008

(November 28, 2007 – New York, NY) Lead guitarist, singer and songwriter Billy Howerdel – founder and producer of multi-platinum group A Perfect Circle, has stepped out as lead vocalist and guitarist for new band, ASHES dIVIDE– signed to Island Records. It was announced today by Antonio “L.A.” Reid, Chairman, Island Def Jam Music Group.

Howerdel’s long-awaited first solo album, which has been the subject of countless blogs and chatter for more than a year at his website (http://www.myspace.com/ashesdivide), will be released March 2008. The album title will be revealed in the months ahead.

Howerdel produced and engineered the new album sessions in Los Angeles. He played all guitar, bass, and keyboard parts, and was joined by APC drummer Josh Freese. Mixing took place underway in London by innovative Brit producer Alan Moulder. Moulder is known for his work with Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, My Bloody Valentine, as well as fellow Island band The Killers’ two albums.

New Jersey-born Billy Howerdel is a self taught musician who started out doing theatrical stage lighting. Took to the road as a guitar technician for many bands, among them David Bowie, Guns N' Roses, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins and Tool. Although Howerdel and Keenan became friends years earlier while crossing paths on tour, it was not until the recording sessions for Tools 1996 album Ænima that the two planted the seeds which would later become A Perfect Circle circa 1999.

A Perfect Circle released three groundbreaking and critically acclaimed albums: their RIAA platinum debut, Mer de Noms (May 2000) which entered at #4 Soundscan with 188,000 copies and placed three songs on the Modern Rock and Mainstream Rock charts (“3 Libras,” “Judith,” and “The Hollow”); the platinum Thirteenth Step (September 2003) which debuted at #2 Sound­scan on 231,000 first week sales (with the #1 Rock track and video “Weak and Powerless,” followed by “The Outsider” and “Blue”); and RIAA gold eMOTIVe (November 2004), an overtly political album released on Presidential election day, primarily cover versions of political material including John Lennon’s “Imagine,” Led Zeppelin’s “When the Levee Breaks,” Marvin Gaye’s “What’s Going On,” Black Flag’s “Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie,” and more. Two weeks later, the CD + DVD package aMOTION was released, a collection of all their video clips on one disc, and nine remixes of songs on the other disc.

Go to www.ASHESdIVIDE.com for upcoming worldwide tour dates and news!

# # #

A Perfect Cirle, surprisingly sounds a tad bit differnent than Tool. A more mellow and spooky. I like them but I have to be in a dark mood to listen to them. "Judith" is an absolutely amazing song. :up:

Back
Top Bottom