Perfect Album Sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
OK dunno if this has been done before, but let's list our perfect album sides.

This has to be seen in the classic "2-sided vinyl" sense where there was always an A side and a B side to each record (this is how I still see CD's today.) They have to be perfect to you - i.e. if the songs were re-arranged it just would not work.

Here are some of mine:

U2 - Joshua Tree - Side 2
Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual - Side 2
Bob Marley - Legend - Side 1
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads - Side 1
Duran Duran - Greatest - Side 1
Tool - Aenema - Side 1
Blind Melon - Blind Melon - Side 1
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine - Side 1
Nirvana - Nevermind - Side 1
Pearl Jam - Ten - Side 1

I guess I really am stuck in 1990.

Would like The Joshua Tree Side 2 more or less if Heartland replaced Trip Through Your Wires? In the book Into The Heart The Edge relates how Heartland was dropped at the last minute for Trip.

I agree! Then again JT could have had 12 songs? Also - U2 were considering releasing it as double album. What would think of it with the JT B-Sides? Where would you put them?

I have to think about this a little more, but here is one suggestion:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland (side 3)

C ya!

Marty

U2Soar said:
I agree! Then again JT could have had 12 songs? Also - U2 were considering releasing it as double album. What would think of it with the JT B-Sides? Where would you put them?
I like the B-sides, but they're just not as good as the album material and wouldn't fit in. Maybe a separate album made up of them would be nice, though. And I'd have to say that Side A of The Joshua Tree is also perfect because...well, it's a perfect album.

I'll throw in Wish You Were Here's second side. Side B of OK Computer would qualify if not for "Fitter, Happier."

Just take the total number of songs, divide in half and multiply Pi times the rate of distance times time....oh nevermind :reject:

typhoon said:

I like the B-sides, but they're just not as good as the album material and wouldn't fit in. Maybe a separate album made up of them would be nice, though. And I'd have to say that Side A of The Joshua Tree is also perfect because...well, it's a perfect album.

Yep. You know people talk about a lot of double albums and whether or not they could've cut it and made an even better single album. Aren't we glad that u2 did that and made that truly great single album the material deserved? The JT B sides aren't bad but they're not a patch on the album tracks - when a band makes a great single album no-one hardly ever says 'but this could've made an even better double album' do they?

Unforgettable Fire side1
Boy side 1
Zeppelin 1 side 2
Who's Next side 1
Quadrophenia side 4 (It was a double album on vinyl)
Ten side 1

yeah i definetly agree with the abbey road vote.

any side of london calling.

Oh and don't you remember like 15 years ago 102.7 did this?

I think it was something like if you werte stuck on a desserted island, what is your perfect album side and they would play the side of the record in its entirety...

Back
Top Bottom