people these days are either weird or crazy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
Woman's Life Savings Gone

POSTED: 6:14 p.m. PST November 22, 2004

BAKERSFIELD -- A 70-year-old woman lost her life's saving in a fast food restaurant.

Maria Concha Morales doesn't trust banks, so she was carrying $17,000 in a purse. The money was the savings from her 40 years as a farm worker. She planned to use the money as a down payment on a house.

Morales went to the Burger King because her grandchildren wanted a SpongeBob watch given out in the Burger King kids meals. Relatives aren't sure whether the money was stolen or whether Morales just misplaced her bag while at Burger King. She also lost all her identification.

Bakersfield authorities are reviewing the restaurant's tapes in hopes of recovering of the cash.

Thats crazy not to trust banks, o my god.. get a spongebob and then lose your life savings. that happy meal better make you very satisfied.

Mom pleads guilty to caging twin sons

The Arizona Republic
Nov. 19, 2004 12:00 AM

A mother who kept her 5-year-old twin boys locked in cages pleaded guilty to attempted child abuse Thursday in Maricopa County Superior Court.

She faces a sentence of five to 10 years in prison and will be placed on lifetime probation.

Etelvina Rodriguez appeared confused as she addressed Judge Douglas L. Rayes through an interpreter. advertisement

"The only thing I want is not to go to trial," she said.

Rodriguez, 33, was initially charged with two counts of child abuse. At the time of her arrest, she told investigators that she kept the boys in cages while she was at work because her elderly husband was not able to care for them.

Both boys were "emotionally and mentally delayed" and lacked verbal skills, according to Rodriguez's attorney, R. Dean Roskosz.

The prosecutor, Deputy County Attorney Shawn Steinberg, told the court that the children have made improvements in foster care but still are developmentally disabled.

As Rayes asked repeatedly if Rodriguez understood the charges she was pleading guilty to, she responded, "When I was endangered at the hands of my husband, I tried to get help for my children. I plead guilty to that."

Roskosz clarified for the judge.

"What she's pleading guilty to is letting the treatment go on," he said.

Rodriguez's husband and co-defendant Luis, 71, also was charged with two counts of child abuse but is still undergoing treatment and evaluation to determine whether he is mentally competent to stand trial.

According to the plea agreement, the boys were imprisoned in cages from August 2002 to August 2003. An 8-year-old sibling was allowed to go to school and sleep in a normal bed. A 20-year-old half brother told police about the mistreatment of the twins.

Rodriguez will be sentenced Jan. 14.

i also heard they caged them because they couldn't get a babysitter, damn. crazy :slant:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom