People, how do you control jealousy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've been talking to this girl for a few months now,who recently became my girlfriend. She's gorgeous, and therefore, gets lots of attention from guys. I need advice on how to let this go without bothering me. I don't want to be controlling. I trust her and know she won't cheat on me, but she is very flirtatious. Thanks

------------------
And you brighten my life like a polystyrene hat
But it melts in the sun like a life without love
And I've waited for you so i'll keep holding onWithout you

use physical violence.

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

She's with you for a reason...she's not with those other guys. Just remember that.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Flirt around yourself. And be jealous, if your heart wants to be. You can?t control that.
And speak to her. Tell her you like her attractivity, tell her you even like when she shows off with you. Tell her it doesn?t disturb you a bit if they look at her - even if it disturbs you. Tell her you know she needs her freedom.
And then tell her that there is a border. Tell her you don?t want to be disrespected. Tell her she belongs to you, no one other. That looks don?t disturb youand fantasies are free, but if anything concrete happens you?ll be off and away, because you don?t like this kind of games. Tell her it would hurt you.

Oh man... at the moment I am jealous like a dog myself. Don?t fit hiphop? Yo I know buddy but... when love goes wrong nuttin? goes right.

Cheers.

Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars:
Tell her she belongs to you, no one other.

If a man told me I belonged to him, I'd be pissed.

*returns to elaborate*

I call my fiance things like "my sweetheart" and "my man", but to say someone belongs to another person is different.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 04-30-2002).]

Jealousy is a very difficult thing to control. Even if you're totally secure in your relationship. I agree with what Bonochick said though. She wouldnt be with you if she wanted to be with other guys. A little flirting is bound to happen every once in a while. Most of the time I think its harmless. The whole look but dont touch saying comes to mind here.

Its still hard though.. especially when your mate is extremely attractive.. people will always look at them whether they're alone or with someone.. its just something you have to get used to unfortunatly.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

Back
Top Bottom