People are talking about us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
....that's the second time in a row you ruin a thread, typhoon :rant: :wink:

Well, I guess I'll have to apologize to everyone.

Mods, please..... :lock:

HayGuys.jpg

:ohmy:

I enjoyed what they said about us until I saw this sig: "No true music lover would choose to listen to Wilco." :rant:

It was indeed one of the best threads ever in B&C until my head blew up.

Radiohead fans are wankers. The band is great but their fans are just a bunch of pretentious little tossers who will not acknowledge any other group apart from Radiohead.

That board blows.

Every thread is a pissing contest to see who can hurl the best insults.

They do let you steal music though. Not just single tunes, but whole albums.

Which is funny, considering most of the stealing is from indie bands who could really use the $.

Yup people , looks like 3rd WW is gonna explode . Jesus serious now , I don't recall when was the last time I laughed my ass out , this whole thing is just hilarious :lmao: . Not tryin to extend the thing , but i'm actually surprised that they didn't start to say some really nice things like callin u2 of "irish" or somethin related to that . BTW I'm a bit lost who started the thing , it was actually something from here , right ? Haha where's Axver in times like these :laugh:

yertle-the-turtle said:

Sounds a bit like...

EYKIW.

you're right, it seems that even in EYKIW, Radiohead is the only band good enough for everyone. Oh, if only HTDAAB had been more like Radiohead, then maybe I wouldn't have to post on a U2 message board and bitch about it all the time.

:wink:

AtomicBono said:

you're right, it seems that even in EYKIW, Radiohead is the only band good enough for everyone. Oh, if only HTDAAB had been more like Radiohead, then maybe I wouldn't have to post on a U2 message board and bitch about it all the time.

:wink:

I can go and bash Radiohead on EYKIW if you want that forum to be the place where every single thing under the sun has at least one person to knock it.

Because Radiohead certainly isn't good enough for me. I can't wait for the Radiohead fans to have a problem with that statement! :hyper:

Axver said:

Because Radiohead certainly isn't good enough for me. I can't wait for the Radiohead fans to have a problem with that statement! :hyper:

U2 > Radiohead.

Duh, that's why I'm on a U2 board.

I don't think most Radiohead fans here agree though...

AtomicBono said:

U2 > Radiohead.

Let's go start another Mercy thread on EYKIW and derail it into a U2 vs Radiohead discussion then. :wink:

ha!, that people don't even read the whole thread

I'm not a huge Radiohead fan, I can't stand most of their fans... but right now I'm listening to Caspian... what?

Hell, I'm a huge Church fan, and I can't stand some of their fans (newsflash for ya -- even the band members can't stand some of their fans :ohmy: ), but what does that matter? I still love the band. You don't have to like the fans to like the band.

And if you don't like the band, what do you care what that band's fans think about anything? :shrug:

is not that the biggest contradiction ever?

about giving a damn about fans of bands you don't like (I like Radiohead, thou)

--------I just thought those academics were pretty impressive for a pack of modern day U2 fans. They're probably Ph.Ds or something. Perhaps they can actually afford the band's concerts.-----------

I should get royalties for creating that thread----lol.

That Rules person seems pretty smart. I wish he/she'd hang around here more. He/she seemed willing to anticipate the future and attempt to identify indicators that could be gleaned from the last few RH albums. Plus, he/she called me an academic. I'm glad to carry the torch for the modern-day U2 fan----lol.

I know RH fans think it's quaint to use U2 as a model for long term greatness, but the roads they've traveled and how they've traveled them are the most applicable example we have in anything that might be considered modern-day Rock.

Every artist has to navigate a thing called yourself. I think one of the great things U2 has given to Rock longevity is that they've proven to be expert in when and where to fight and/or ride creative tendencies or habits. That is something that has derailed many an artist, irregardless of artistic medium.

I think RH have yet to prove how they'll navigate their own aritistic evolution. That's not really a criticism because their only a little over a decade into their career. That first decade is always about taking the experiences of your youth and using them to discover yourself through art.

The more difficult challenge is what to do when the discovery of yourself begins to wane and 'who you are' begins to dominate the artistic process. Film directors and authors can go through these creative lulls and come out the other side, but Rock bands cannot because historically they die if they creatively fail in this area.

I'm not predicting RH will dissolve. I'm just saying I thought the indicators from the last couple of albums were not positive in terms of bursting into a new kind of discovery, like U2 accomplished in their 2nd decade.

MrBrau1 said:
That board blows.

Every thread is a pissing contest to see who can hurl the best insults.

They do let you steal music though. Not just single tunes, but whole albums.

Which is funny, considering most of the stealing is from indie bands who could really use the $.

All of this is true. Sometimes I wonder if that board is moderated at all :huh:

Yeah we keep talking this and in minutes all hell breaks loose again

Talkin 'bout racism and offensive comments , I'm again pretty surprised that didn't start with 'how can u even like an irish band, did I mention they're bloody irish '. Is it only me or anyone else think someone will start with this thing ?

J_NP said:
Yeah we keep talking this and in minutes all hell breaks loose again

Talkin 'bout racism and offensive comments , I'm again pretty surprised that didn't start with 'how can u even like an irish band, did I mention they're bloody irish '. Is it only me or anyone else think someone will start with this thing ?

:eyebrow: um?

and on another note...radiohead fans need to respect their roots. RH wouldn't be around without U2, not in the same way at least.

AtomicBono said:

and on another note...radiohead fans need to respect their roots. RH wouldn't be around without U2, not in the same way at least.

RH and U2 are good foils in some ways. Each of their fanbases are even better foils. Hardcore RH fans think of themselves as artier and smarter than your usual band fanatic. I kind of like that, but they do have a bit of stick up their ass regarding U2. Of course some U2 fans have one regarding RH. This all makes for a great rivalry.

It'd be great if a true compare and contrast thread could be started regarding these two bands. You could really get into some differing philosophical motives driving each of their work. Unfortunately, it would probably degenerate into an 'I'm better than you, no you're not' whine-fest.

Back
Top Bottom