Penistone, South Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've seen Chinatown, yes?

THEY DON"T HAVE IT AT HOLLYWOOD VIDEO! :'( I started watching it online, but I fell asleep, and it took SOOO long to get it loaded but the window was mysteriously closed next time I got on my computer, so I haven't got around to finishing it yet

I talk far too much to excel at such things.

Ashley, have you seen The Shining?

Yes I have seen The Shining. I've also read the book. It's one of my favorite books.

I love Jack in that movie. I hate Stanley Kubrick for butchering the story. I can forgive him though since it's a pretty badass movie. I don't know, I mean, poetic license is one thing, but he completely made Jack a BAD guy and I didn't like that so much.

Me loves Kubrick, and I like what he did with Clockword (Anthony Burgess did not!), but, yeah, he took a little too much license with The Shining. Still a great flick, though.

Ashley. You. Need. To. Watch. Chinatown.

Me loves Kubrick, and I like what he did with Clockword (Anthony Burgess did not!), but, yeah, he took a little too much license with The Shining. Still a great flick, though.

Ashley. You. Need. To. Watch. Chinatown.

Kubrick is extremely hit and miss with me.

Chinatown. Loading. Now.

Yes I have seen The Shining. I've also read the book. It's one of my favorite books.

I love Jack in that movie. I hate Stanley Kubrick for butchering the story. I can forgive him though since it's a pretty badass movie. I don't know, I mean, poetic license is one thing, but he completely made Jack a BAD guy and I didn't like that so much.

I've only read a page or two of the book, so the movie wasn't ruined for me. The setting alone makes the film worth watching.

Want to see something that will ruin both for you? :wink: YouTube - The Shining - A Romantic Comedy

If I don't like Chinatown, I might just cry a little. It's become this sort of epic quest for me to see the movie. Every film class i've had so far has used it as an example at least a million times.

Kubrick is extremely hit and miss with me.

Chinatown. Loading. Now.

Which ones work and don't work for you?

I've only seen Clockwork, Strangelove, 2001, and The Shining out of his flicks, with the latter being my least favorite (still 8/10 though).

I'm moving through his work in this order:

Eyes Wide Shut
Full Metal Jacket
Lolita
The Killing
Paths of Glory
Spartacus
Barry Lyndon

The last one again may very well be his greatest achievement (not in popularity), but it doesn't look like my cup of tea.

LOVE: Spartacus, Clockwork
Ok: The Shining (only because of my love for the book)
Hate: 2001

The rest, I haven't seen. I really wanna see Strangelove, but it's MIA at Hollywood Video. They're looking for it for me.

Well that's not true, i've seen the beginning of Full Metal jacket. I wanna give it another go sometime, but I was latefor something last time around

You're no daisy.

Oh, Tombstone....you're not really a "good" film but I love you anyway.

tombstone was fun

Which reminds me, I was loitering in the Random Movie Talk thread and decided to rent Ronin.

I was sad at how little Sean Bean was in it. But it was still a fun movie, though I sorta zoned out towards the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom