Penistone, South Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought that too for a while, and when i looked at them i was bummed they weren't actually the colour of blackberries. they're just plain black like most phones.

my blackberry wasn't expensive at all, i have a pearl which is named so because the scroll button looks like a pearl when lit up :der: it only cost me $150, but now they sell for $100.

yes, i said only...i have a thing about getting expensive phones. and i usually do so every 12-18 months :reject:

Oh, that's lame. Also, I should state for the record that I really don't know what a Blackberry can do. I just remember that we had some live audio streams from ramblin rose's Blackberry on the third leg of the Vertigo Tour.

My mobile phone is 4 years old or so. No desire to get a new one. I can call and text people on it, that's all I need. If I want to take photographs - well, that's why I carry around my digital camera at all times!

Bonnie, you will have to forgive me this coming week if I suddenly stop to take photos of trams. I think Ali and U-Wen have gotten used to it ...

I have a few errands to run, but I'll be back later.....Ax, Khan, Bonnie have nice days/evenings if I do not see you later.....

ETA - And Danimal, too, if you're still around.

GOD I KNOW!!!!! i cannot STAND people who text, read e-mail, talk on the phone while out with someone. how fucking rude. if someone did that to me, they might not have a phone when they leave. and don't even get me started on people who talk on the phone while in the bathroom.

Oh, I feel so bad every time I need to reply to a text message when I'm talking to somebody else even if it's totally unavoidable, e.g. we're both waiting for that person to show up and I'm texting them directions to where we are.

And you know what else shits me off? People who continue to listen to iPods when you're talking to them. I had to have an argument with Kate before she stopped doing that around me. I found it indescribably rude.

I did this last night but to be fair someone called me and I was the only person in the bathroom, so we cool?
:lol: as long as you're uhh...not going, you know, i guess that's okay.

i've heard some people do some nasty things though while on the phone/in the bathroom, and i've seen people continue to talk as they walk in and out of the bathroom. i mean if your phone rings, it rings...but if you're already on the phone? say those magic five words: can i call you back?

I just ordered all of my albums by my favorites.

My top ten came out with 3 Bowie albums, 2 Springsteen albums, and 2 U2 albums.

Bonnie, you will have to forgive me this coming week if I suddenly stop to take photos of trams. I think Ali and U-Wen have gotten used to it ...

It's okay, speaking of quirks you may have to get used to me looking for cats every now and then. Not like, big adventures where you have to follow me into the wilderness to find a cat, but rather just casually looking, not necessarily stopping at front yards to see if there's anything. Just a thing about me, I like cats.

I have a few errands to run, but I'll be back later.....Ax, Khan, Bonnie have nice days/evenings if I do not see you later.....

ETA - And Danimal, too, if you're still around.
:wave: see ya gfynsw

Oh, I feel so bad every time I need to reply to a text message when I'm talking to somebody else even if it's totally unavoidable, e.g. we're both waiting for that person to show up and I'm texting them directions to where we are.

And you know what else shits me off? People who continue to listen to iPods when you're talking to them. I had to have an argument with Kate before she stopped doing that around me. I found it indescribably rude.
same here. usually the only time i go text crazy while in public is if i'm by myself, or it's unavoidable like you said.

and are you serious? let alone the fact that i can't hear my ipod and hold a conversation (unless i want to scream everything i say which annoys me) that is so fucking rude.

It's okay, speaking of quirks you may have to get used to me looking for cats every now and then. Not like, big adventures where you have to follow me into the wilderness to find a cat, but rather just casually looking, not necessarily stopping at front yards to see if there's anything. Just a thing about me, I like cats.

Ooh, I love cats. Wish I could have one as a pet, but one of the conditions of where I rent is no pets other than fish or birds.

With the photography, I'll just suddenly stop, line up the shot, take a photo or two, and then drop straight back into a conversation like nothing happened. It's like a natural reflex, and probably seems almost funny.

same here. usually the only time i go text crazy while in public is if i'm by myself, or it's unavoidable like you said.

and are you serious? let alone the fact that i can't hear my ipod and hold a conversation (unless i want to scream everything i say which annoys me) that is so fucking rude.

Yeah, if I'm texting in public, 95% of the time I'm by myself.

She claimed she could hear me perfectly well. But it absolutely aggravated me, and one day I just put my foot down. After an argument, we settled that it was a cultural faux pas in Australia but something perfectly natural in the US. I suspected that was complete bullshit from her in a desperate attempt to try to excuse her rudeness, and your post just confirms that for me.

Hey, Khan, I only now noticed the Recurring Dream quote in your sig. :up: :drool:

Yeah, if I'm texting in public, 95% of the time I'm by myself.

She claimed she could hear me perfectly well. But it absolutely aggravated me, and one day I just put my foot down. After an argument, we settled that it was a cultural faux pas in Australia but something perfectly natural in the US. I suspected that was complete bullshit from her in a desperate attempt to try to excuse her rudeness, and your post just confirms that for me.
yeah, i hate when i have to text around someone. i just feel so rude.

the sad thing is, she's probably more right than me. thanks to people steadily losing their manners, you'd probably find more people (at least people our age) who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to text/talk on the phone while they're with other people, or listen to their ipod while trying to carry on a conversation.

Oh god, don't mention people listening to their mp3 players while you're talking to them. Fucking hell. Probably the most annoying thing in the world - you've listened to that shitty song 57 times in the last week beforehand, why can't you listen to something I'm going to say just once?

yeah, i hate when i have to text around someone. i just feel so rude.

the sad thing is, she's probably more right than me. thanks to people steadily losing their manners, you'd probably find more people (at least people our age) who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to text/talk on the phone while they're with other people, or listen to their ipod while trying to carry on a conversation.

I don't know how people could possibly think it's OK to listen to their iPod while having a conversation. I often don't even like background music being on. If I'm talking to someone, I'd like to, you know, focus on what they have to say! Not some song I could put on by myself whenever the hell I like.

Seriously, I almost wanted to slap the earphones off her head. And she couldn't even understand why I was offended. Good god.

I don't know how people could possibly think it's OK to listen to their iPod while having a conversation. I often don't even like background music being on. If I'm talking to someone, I'd like to, you know, focus on what they have to say! Not some song I could put on by myself whenever the hell I like.

Seriously, I almost wanted to slap the earphones off her head. And she couldn't even understand why I was offended. Good god.
EXACTLY.

i know this makes me sound like some crotchety old person, but i just don't get how people are losing their manners and just...common sense. fuck no it's not acceptable to text while i'm sitting across the table from you!

Seriously this is what I look like when I notice the person I'm talking to has a headphone in one ear:

EXACTLY.

i know this makes me sound like some crotchety old person, but i just don't get how people are losing their manners and just...common sense. fuck no it's not acceptable to text while i'm sitting across the table from you!

People just have shit for brains and a shoddy life education from parents who are equally as rude. Way to go, society!

Anyway, this is far later than I intended to stay up. Have a good one, folks. :wave:

Bonnie: I may not be on Interference much tomorrow (well, today, heh), what with study that I need to do. Please e-mail/text me re: plans for the coming week if the topic comes up on the thread or you just want to do some organising or whatever. If I were to make a suggestion, maybe National Gallery before Greek dinner Wednesday, then early Indian dinner and piss-up Thursday? Anyway, I need sleep now, but don't hesitate to drop me a line tomorrow if I'm not around here.

Meanwhile that sum'bitch is all just looking like

and I'm all

CAN YOU HEAR ME DAMMIT

and they're

uh yeah totally listening to this tool song hurr

and then I throw their beer at them

Meanwhile that sum'bitch is all just looking like

and I'm all

CAN YOU HEAR ME DAMMIT

and they're

uh yeah totally listening to this tool song hurr

and then I throw their beer at them

:lmao: :lmao:

So glad I decided to do one last refresh of the thread.

People just have shit for brains and a shoddy life education from parents who are equally as rude. Way to go, society!

Anyway, this is far later than I intended to stay up. Have a good one, folks. :wave:

Bonnie: I may not be on Interference much tomorrow (well, today, heh), what with study that I need to do. Please e-mail/text me re: plans for the coming week if the topic comes up on the thread or you just want to do some organising or whatever. If I were to make a suggestion, maybe National Gallery before Greek dinner Wednesday, then early Indian dinner and piss-up Thursday? Anyway, I need sleep now, but don't hesitate to drop me a line tomorrow if I'm not around here.

Alrighty Axxo, will do - have a good one, and I'll see you sometime this week. :wave:

Seriously this is what I look like when I notice the person I'm talking to has a headphone in one ear:

:lmao:

i know :sigh: these people are learning this from their parents who see them ignoring them and talking on their cell phone instead. of course they're going to be just like that.

:wave: night dr. dré!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom