Penistone, South Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOVE: Spartacus, Clockwork
Ok: The Shining (only because of my love for the book)
Hate: 2001

The rest, I haven't seen. I really wanna see Strangelove, but it's MIA at Hollywood Video. They're looking for it for me.

Well that's not true, i've seen the beginning of Full Metal jacket. I wanna give it another go sometime, but I was latefor something last time around

That's cool. I usually dislike movies that make me feel stupid, it's not that I don't like to think in films, but I find it's usually a problem in the screenplay or direction and not from my own understanding. That may sound arrogant, but fuck it, I don't care. 2001 makes me feel stupid, but it's by design. The film is just a fucking mammoth that only deals with life, death, and all of the stuff in between. It's a mindfuck and astonishing that it was made back in the late '60s and still looks that good.

I buy used flicks from Hollywood Video, but rent from Netflix. Easiest combo in the world.

Damn it. I don't know which movies are landmines :'(

It's fun seeing which films you love or hate, regardless of how I feel about them.

I also think that some films demand to be watched again, when you're in a different place in your life, much like books or even music. Your purview changes with age and experience. Some things you loved, you now dislike, and vice-versa.

I just wish you and YLB watched everything on at least a TV screen, instead of on an Ipod or while multi-tasking on a computer.

tombstone was fun

Which reminds me, I was loitering in the Random Movie Talk thread and decided to rent Ronin.

I was sad at how little Sean Bean was in it. But it was still a fun movie, though I sorta zoned out towards the end.

Ronin's last 20 minutes are so are disappointing. Right up until they head to the skating rink, though, I love it.

It's fun seeing which films you love or hate, regardless of how I feel about them.

I also think that some films demand to be watched again, when you're in a different place in your life, much like books or even music. Your purview changes with age and experience. Some things you loved, you now dislike, and vice-versa.

I just wish you and YLB watched everything on at least a TV screen, instead of on an Ipod or while multi-tasking on a computer.

Dude, the iPod viewing's a thing of the past. I'm trying not multi-task while I watch a movie, but I'm getting there. I'm trying reeeeeeal hard, Ringo, to be the shepherd.

It's really the most perfect movie to use Sam Elliot and his mustache though.

The cast is insane:

Russell
Elliot
Paxton
Chubby Billy Bob Thornton!
Powers Boothe
The guy that wanted to kill Stallone in Cliffhanger
Jason fucking Priestly
The guy that The Terminator wanted to kill
The guy who was in some show on CBS then ended up on Sex and the City for a bit
Billy Zane AND Val Kilmer in the same film!!!!!
John Locke from Lost is in there, too.

Come on.

The cast is insane:

Russell
Elliot
Paxton
Chubby Billy Bob Thornton!
Powers Boothe
The guy that wanted to kill Stallone in Cliffhanger
Jason fucking Priestly
The guy that The Terminator wanted to kill
The guy who was in some show on CBS then ended up on Sex and the City for a bit
Billy Zane AND Val Kilmer in the same film!!!!!
John Locke from Lost is in there, too.

Come on.

Throw in Burt Reynolds and you've got the manliest cast alive.

NSW, I really try not to multitask while I watch movies, but sometimes I just can't sit here and stare. When I'm watching it on tv though, I'm better, and most of the movies I've been watching lately have been on a tv

My sister just informed me that Annie Hall is On Demand, so after Chinatwon is over and everyone's gone to bed, I'll go watch it.

I ahve to agree LMP, I think I don't like 2001 because I feel like whatever is important about it went right over my head

NSW, I really try not to multitask while I watch movies, but sometimes I just can't sit here and stare. When I'm watching it on tv though, I'm better, and most of the movies I've been watching lately have been on a tv

My sister just informed me that Annie Hall is On Demand, so after Chinatwon is over and everyone's gone to bed, I'll go watch it.

I ahve to agree LMP, I think I don't like 2001 because I feel like whatever is important about it went right over my head

I am watching an old BBC TV series on my computer because a Region 1 version for DVD does not exist....but other than that, I watch only on my TV. Then again, times are different, and I get that. I just do not like distractions while watching films. Sports, sure, I can read the paper or Sports Illustrated and watch, but, not with movies.

I hope you like Annie Hall. If not, not only do you lose any possible internship I could garner for you, but I blackball you altogether. Enjoy!

Got to admit, this is part of why I'm not exactly Mr Movies. I can listen to music while doing almost anything. I can read a book while, funnily enough, listening to music. But a movie needs my full and undivided attention for 2+ hours. I just don't care enough to cut over two whole hours out of my day.

Got to admit, this is part of why I'm not exactly Mr Movies. I can listen to music while doing almost anything. I can read a book while, funnily enough, listening to music. But a movie needs my full and undivided attention for 2+ hours. I just don't care enough to cut over two whole hours out of my day.

My day would be incomplete if I could not devote at least two hours to something I love.

everyone's different, but to me, it's just no big deal. i watch a movie. i usually watch them on here because it's easier, but when i do, most times (especially if i've never seen it before) i keep aim in away mode, and stop browsing the net (mostly this thread, lol).

the other weekend i watched the same movie three times, in different cuts/versions. it was worth it to see it uninterrupted.

I liked The Player a lot.

My favorite part was the little sprinklings of posters from other films or lingering shots before the next scene that told you exactly what was going to happen later in the story. I had it taped on my DVR and it cut out RIGHT before the ending (when Robbins is in the car talking to the screenwriter who had been threatening him). Had to go on Wiki to read what happened after that - thankfully, not much.

everyone's different, but to me, it's just no big deal. i watch a movie. i usually watch them on here because it's easier, but when i do, most times (especially if i've never seen it before) i keep aim in away mode, and stop browsing the net (mostly this thread, lol).

the other weekend i watched the same movie three times, in different cuts/versions. it was worth it to see it uninterrupted.

Which movie was it?

Hey, Axver.

I sort of feel the same way, but for certain movies, it's totally worth it.

And I can only listen to SO MUCH music in one day. Other mediums are worth my time as well.

My favorite part was the little sprinklings of posters from other films or lingering shots before the next scene that told you exactly what was going to happen later in the story. I had it taped on my DVR and it cut out RIGHT before the ending (when Robbins is in the car talking to the screenwriter who had been threatening him). Had to go on Wiki to read what happened after that - thankfully, not much.

Yes, GREAT touch. Wow, sorry you missed the end. That happened with me as a kid with the original Planet of the Apes. Fucking tape ended towards the end....so, for years, I had no idea how it ended, but, no big deal, they just encounter the Statue of Liberty. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom