Penistone, South Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Viva La Vida: Plagiarism controversy? :hmm:

What, it sounds like every U2 song ever mating with every Eno song ever?

Ten bucks says it stays that way for at least a couple of days.

Edit: Well, so much for that.

U2's twelfth studio album - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In July 2006, it was reported that U2 were recording a new album, tentatively titled Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends[1] Detailed information about the current state of the project has not been reported. Amateur recordings were made of the band working on new songs in Èze, France.[2]

I normally hate Wikipedia vandals, but i'm kinda having fun

Also, dear arsehole who called my phone before 8am this morning,

Thanks. Thanks for calling me on the one day when I really needed a solid sleep. Thanks for leaving me a voicemail message of you hanging up. Thanks for waking me up far too bloody early, but when it's light enough that I could barely get back to sleep and now feel like a zombie leading into my exam. Sure, you likely were not to know this, but fuck you anyway.

Regards,
Ax

I mean, seriously, it was about 7:30 or something. I don't know about you lot, but unless I know somebody will be around earlier/later or it's an emergency, I only phone people between 9am and 9pm, and most of my family are pretty much the same in that regard.

Also, dear arsehole who called my phone before 8am this morning,

Thanks. Thanks for calling me on the one day when I really needed a solid sleep. Thanks for leaving me a voicemail message of you hanging up. Thanks for waking me up far too bloody early, but when it's light enough that I could barely get back to sleep and now feel like a zombie leading into my exam. Sure, you likely were not to know this, but fuck you anyway.

Regards,
Ax

I mean, seriously, it was about 7:30 or something. I don't know about you lot, but unless I know somebody will be around earlier/later or it's an emergency, I only phone people between 9am and 9pm, and most of my family are pretty much the same in that regard.
god, i hate when people do that.

god, i hate when people do that.

What I really hate is that I don't recognise the number. Though I suppose most people who know me also know better than to call me before 10am, since I rarely get to bed before 2am. I'm guessing it was maybe a wrong number, but seriously, hang up BEFORE the answerphone goes to let you record a message. It's not hard! If my phone hadn't started to fuckin' vibrate and whine that it had an answerphone message, I would have just rolled over and gone back to sleep.

Apparently I'm not the heavy sleeper I used to be either, since my phone's message tone managed to jolt me wide awake all the way from the lounge! :laugh: :sigh:

:laugh: Khan (i presume)

I nearly blamed Bonnie! :laugh:

"Shit, has Bonnie got lost in Melbourne?" *checks time* "FUCKING HELL! It's not even 8am! Well, guess she's still in South Australia. Who the fuck would be calling me NOW?"

What I really hate is that I don't recognise the number. Though I suppose most people who know me also know better than to call me before 10am, since I rarely get to bed before 2am. I'm guessing it was maybe a wrong number, but seriously, hang up BEFORE the answerphone goes to let you record a message. It's not hard! If my phone hadn't started to fuckin' vibrate and whine that it had an answerphone message, I would have just rolled over and gone back to sleep.

Apparently I'm not the heavy sleeper I used to be either, since my phone's message tone managed to jolt me wide awake all the way from the lounge! :laugh: :sigh:
i know! one time i had THREE missed calls from the same number, all within moments of each other. now, it wasn't a big deal because i was at work and my phone was in my purse on vibrate, but still. call as much as you want, the number will still be mine! it won't magically become whoever you were trying to reach.

and i know what you mean about being a lighter sleeper. i used to be able to sleep though space shuttle launches and landings (which are incredibly loud and sound like a building's collapsed or maybe an explosion) when i was a kid, but now? if someone sneezes, it wakes me up :sigh:

now tell me this: if you see a missed call from someone, do you call them back?

i know! one time i had THREE missed calls from the same number, all within moments of each other. now, it wasn't a big deal because i was at work and my phone was in my purse on vibrate, but still. call as much as you want, the number will still be mine! it won't magically become whoever you were trying to reach.

and i know what you mean about being a lighter sleeper. i used to be able to sleep though space shuttle launches and landings (which are incredibly loud and sound like a building's collapsed or maybe an explosion) when i was a kid, but now? if someone sneezes, it wakes me up :sigh:

now tell me this: if you see a missed call from someone, do you call them back?

Oh, I love people who can't seem to figure out that they have the wrong number. I once had somebody who kept calling my place looking for somebody else. I eventually had to get them to tell me what number they thought they were dialling. I don't remember precisely what it was now, but it wasn't just a case of them hitting two numbers around the wrong way. :|

I would sleep through earthquakes and huge cracks of thunder and everything when I was little. Now, I probably seem like a heavy sleeper, but it's just because I get used to the regular sounds around me and tune them out. So the usual sounds of everybody in my block of flats getting up and going to work would wake a light-sleeping visitor, but not me. However, anything out of the ordinary, like my phone going off, wakes me immediately.

As for missed calls, depends who it is and whether I expected a call from them or not. If my mother called me, I'd call her back, since either 1. I've missed her daily call (seriously! my mother still calls me every day! I don't think she's really adjusted to me moving interstate) or 2. something's up and I better call. If it were just some random friend and they hadn't followed it up with a text message, I'd probably just wait until they call me again or I get home and can e-mail/IM them.

As for missed calls, depends who it is and whether I expected a call from them or not. If my mother called me, I'd call her back, since either 1. I've missed her daily call (seriously! my mother still calls me every day! I don't think she's really adjusted to me moving interstate) or 2. something's up and I better call. If it were just some random friend and they hadn't followed it up with a text message, I'd probably just wait until they call me again or I get home and can e-mail/IM them.
awww how cute :cute: when i had my own place, i talked to my mom everyday as well. her and i are really close, though, so it was excusable. i don't know if i could handle not being able to talk to her daily :uhoh:

and yeah, i'm pretty much the same way. if they leave me a message of some sort (text, email, voicemail, etc.) then i'll call them back. otherwise, i'll be like "oh, i guess they wanted to chat" and talk to them whenever. and if it's a wrong number, fuck them. i know so many people who go through their caller id and call everyone back, that's stupid. i mean, to be like "hi, you called me?" wtf. i have better things to do with my time.

awww how cute :cute: when i had my own place, i talked to my mom everyday as well. her and i are really close, though, so it was excusable. i don't know if i could handle not being able to talk to her daily :uhoh:

and yeah, i'm pretty much the same way. if they leave me a message of some sort (text, email, voicemail, etc.) then i'll call them back. otherwise, i'll be like "oh, i guess they wanted to chat" and talk to them whenever. and if it's a wrong number, fuck them. i know so many people who go through their caller id and call everyone back, that's stupid. i mean, to be like "hi, you called me?" wtf. i have better things to do with my time.

Yeah, my mother and I are fairly close as well, and when I first moved out, she'd call me every day just to see how things were going ... and it turned into a habit that she hasn't broken for 2.5 years now! I don't mind, I like being able to talk to her that regularly, and it makes her happy.

Yeah, I couldn't be arsed going through caller ID or anything like that. Fortunately, people don't call me very often. I'm a bit notorious for not hearing my phone when it rings. I can't figure out why, since it isn't a quiet ringtone or anything. I could understand if it only happened when I was cranking my iPod or something, but I've been standing in fairly quiet places without my iPod on, and still not heard it (nor have other people with me). And it's the only ringtone on my phone I can tolerate, so I've no choice really. So most people very quickly learn that if you want to contact me on my mobile, you text me.

Maps and Legends.

Quality track too. I'd say Feeling Gravity's Pull --> Maps And Legends --> Driver 8 is my favourite trio of songs on any REM album. Both Feeling Gravity's Pull and Driver 8 are in my top five REM songs.

Well, I better be off to my exam. I feel like I'll largely be winging this, but here's hoping it doesn't go too badly. At any rate, in a little over 4.5 hours, I will be done with university for the semester. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom