Penistone, South Yorkshire Superthread - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2008, 12:43 AM   #286
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I could not watch a dubbed film. I saw The Lives of Others in the theater and after 15 minutes you forget that you're reading while you watch. What a film.
exactly. plus it distracts me to have totally different people doing the voices, once i know something like that, i can't get it out of my head that the voice doesn't match the person. it's like that multi-grain cheerios commercial. once i found out it was dubbed, it was all over.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #287
The Male

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i used to be like that, back when i was unemployed. i definitely don't listen to as much music as i used to, but of course there's nothing wrong with listening to music constantly.

i only worry about people who like total silence. i've gotta have SOMETHING on at all times. the only time i don't is when i'm asleep/trying to sleep.
I can go without music for a while. It's not on all the time, but I guess if I lived alone it might be going at least 12 hours a day. Right now it's more like 9 or 10.

Now.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #288
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I'm really glad you liked that movie as well.

I hate English dubs, unless it's those old kung fu or Godzilla movies, that just adds to the fun.

I unknowingly taped an English dub of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and was really hyped to see it, but had to delete it because of my dislike for dubs. It's hard to take it seriously, you know?
thanks

and yeah, comical dubs are totally different. they're hilarious. when done right, at least.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #289
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

i used to be like that, back when i was unemployed. i definitely don't listen to as much music as i used to, but of course there's nothing wrong with listening to music constantly.

i only worry about people who like total silence. i've gotta have SOMETHING on at all times. the only time i don't is when i'm asleep/trying to sleep.
I like total silence occasionally. Of course, if I'm reading a book, there's total silence, too, but that does not count. I usually have music on if I'm not reading or watching a movie.....but, every now and then, it's nice to sit on my balcony and just take in nat sound.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #290
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Axver, I guess I just can sit still for two hours.
I must admit, my lack of an attention span for movies kind of perplexes me. I'll disappear for hours with a good book. Sometimes I don't get enough sleep because three hours just vanish before I can put the bloody thing down. But movies? The whole "that's two hours, and I may not even like it, and I've got other stuff I'd like to do" argument tends to win out a lot.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #291
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:42 PM
So, it was actually sunny and really nice for most of the game, and only light rain towards the end.

Team played fucking shit though
Old 06-22-2008, 12:45 AM   #292
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I can go without music for a while. It's not on all the time, but I guess if I lived alone it might be going at least 12 hours a day. Right now it's more like 9 or 10.
the time when i go without music, tv, or movies is called being at work otherwise i've got to have background noise.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #293
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Trams can sit still for two hours. Why can't he?

Also, love the new avatar.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #294
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I must admit, my lack of an attention span for movies kind of perplexes me. I'll disappear for hours with a good book. Sometimes I don't get enough sleep because three hours just vanish before I can put the bloody thing down. But movies? The whole "that's two hours, and I may not even like it, and I've got other stuff I'd like to do" argument tends to win out a lot.
Hey, man, to each their own, of course.....I cannot imagine my life without music, film, sports and books. I can do without any of the first three for a few days at a time (I can never not read), but, could not imagine a long-term absence of any of them.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #295
The Male

Quote:
the time when i go without music, tv, or movies is called being at work otherwise i've got to have background noise.
No MP3 players allowed at work? Your employers are douchebags.

Or maybe just smart. I dunno.

Now.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #296
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I like total silence occasionally. Of course, if I'm reading a book, there's total silence, too, but that does not count. I usually have music on if I'm not reading or watching a movie.....but, every now and then, it's nice to sit on my balcony and just take in nat sound.
some of us don't have balconies that is relaxing though, i should do that more with our deck, but i just don't.

i will say nothing is more relaxing to me than hearing the ocean. whenever i'm on vacation at a beach, which isn't too often, i always make it a point to stand on the balcony and listen to the waves, and sleep with the windows open if at all possible.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #297
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ah, yeah, living with other people would certainly make a difference. When I lived in Brisbane with a flatmate, I didn't play quite so much music. Now that I live by myself, music is often the substitute for talking to somebody while doing boring chores or cooking dinner if nothing's on TV or whatever.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-22-2008, 12:48 AM   #298
Blue Crack Distributor

I wanted to like Blade Runner. I tried to like Blade Runner. I even watched Blade Runner a second time immediately after the first because I was so surprised that I didn't like Blade Runner. Until I saw Frantic, this was the first Ford film I just couldn't get into.

That being said, the ending was f*in epic.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:48 AM   #299
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
No MP3 players allowed at work? Your employers are douchebags.

Or maybe just smart. I dunno.
nope. no electronics allowed whatsoever. not even cell phones. although given my job, i can see why ipods and such aren't allowed, especially since before the rule was passed, people were bringing laptops and portable dvd players into work and pulling them out at like 4 pm, when the building was still full of head honchos.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:50 AM   #300
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I wanted to like Blade Runner. I tried to like Blade Runner. I even watched Blade Runner a second time immediately after the first because I was so surprised that I didn't like Blade Runner. Until I saw Frantic, this was the first Ford film I just couldn't get into.

That being said, the ending was f*in epic.
Did you think it was too slow?

Tags
superthread