Penistone, South Yorkshire Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2008, 12:24 AM   #256
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:47 AM
NSW, I really try not to multitask while I watch movies, but sometimes I just can't sit here and stare. When I'm watching it on tv though, I'm better, and most of the movies I've been watching lately have been on a tv

My sister just informed me that Annie Hall is On Demand, so after Chinatwon is over and everyone's gone to bed, I'll go watch it.

I ahve to agree LMP, I think I don't like 2001 because I feel like whatever is important about it went right over my head

Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #257
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
It's like Robert Altman was shooting the Player while this was being shot, so Tombstone gobbled everyone else up.
Thank God The Player had Tim Robbins.

Quote:
I can indeed. And, you took your ribbing like a champ.
Thank ya, sir. Even from David Lynch.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #258
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
NSW, I really try not to multitask while I watch movies, but sometimes I just can't sit here and stare. When I'm watching it on tv though, I'm better, and most of the movies I've been watching lately have been on a tv

My sister just informed me that Annie Hall is On Demand, so after Chinatwon is over and everyone's gone to bed, I'll go watch it.

I ahve to agree LMP, I think I don't like 2001 because I feel like whatever is important about it went right over my head
I am watching an old BBC TV series on my computer because a Region 1 version for DVD does not exist....but other than that, I watch only on my TV. Then again, times are different, and I get that. I just do not like distractions while watching films. Sports, sure, I can read the paper or Sports Illustrated and watch, but, not with movies.

I hope you like Annie Hall. If not, not only do you lose any possible internship I could garner for you, but I blackball you altogether. Enjoy!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #259
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Thank God The Player had Tim Robbins.

Thank ya, sir. Even from David Lynch.
I liked The Player a lot.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #260
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Greetings.
Hey Ax.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #261
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Khan, I LOVE 2001.
oh, and when i saw it? it was on a television, and i was sitting on the couch. no multi-tasking
Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #262
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Quote:
I just wish you and YLB watched everything on at least a TV screen, instead of on an Ipod or while multi-tasking on a computer.
Got to admit, this is part of why I'm not exactly Mr Movies. I can listen to music while doing almost anything. I can read a book while, funnily enough, listening to music. But a movie needs my full and undivided attention for 2+ hours. I just don't care enough to cut over two whole hours out of my day.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #263
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Greetings.
dr. dréééééééééé
Old 06-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #264
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Got to admit, this is part of why I'm not exactly Mr Movies. I can listen to music while doing almost anything. I can read a book while, funnily enough, listening to music. But a movie needs my full and undivided attention for 2+ hours. I just don't care enough to cut over two whole hours out of my day.
My day would be incomplete if I could not devote at least two hours to something I love.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #265
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
everyone's different, but to me, it's just no big deal. i watch a movie. i usually watch them on here because it's easier, but when i do, most times (especially if i've never seen it before) i keep aim in away mode, and stop browsing the net (mostly this thread, lol).

the other weekend i watched the same movie three times, in different cuts/versions. it was worth it to see it uninterrupted.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:31 AM   #266
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I liked The Player a lot.
My favorite part was the little sprinklings of posters from other films or lingering shots before the next scene that told you exactly what was going to happen later in the story. I had it taped on my DVR and it cut out RIGHT before the ending (when Robbins is in the car talking to the screenwriter who had been threatening him). Had to go on Wiki to read what happened after that - thankfully, not much.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:31 AM   #267
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
everyone's different, but to me, it's just no big deal. i watch a movie. i usually watch them on here because it's easier, but when i do, most times (especially if i've never seen it before) i keep aim in away mode, and stop browsing the net (mostly this thread, lol).

the other weekend i watched the same movie three times, in different cuts/versions. it was worth it to see it uninterrupted.
Which movie was it?

Hey, Axver.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:31 AM   #268
The Male

Quote:
I sort of feel the same way, but for certain movies, it's totally worth it.

And I can only listen to SO MUCH music in one day. Other mediums are worth my time as well.

Now.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:33 AM   #269
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Which movie was it?
blade runner.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:33 AM   #270
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
My favorite part was the little sprinklings of posters from other films or lingering shots before the next scene that told you exactly what was going to happen later in the story. I had it taped on my DVR and it cut out RIGHT before the ending (when Robbins is in the car talking to the screenwriter who had been threatening him). Had to go on Wiki to read what happened after that - thankfully, not much.
Yes, GREAT touch. Wow, sorry you missed the end. That happened with me as a kid with the original Planet of the Apes. Fucking tape ended towards the end....so, for years, I had no idea how it ended, but, no big deal, they just encounter the Statue of Liberty. Fuck.

Tags
superthread