Peep-o-Day, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the misfortune to see one photo.

SCARRED FOR LIFE.

Can't believe WTAHAN has managed to get over 200 posts on the topic either.

Yeah, tell me about it.

I saw there was a thread in EYKIW about it too, but I haven't gone in there. I posted twice in the PLEBA thread, and that was more than enough.

You, consume any notable quantity of alcohol?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, I had a couple of shots earlier, but they would have thoroughly worn off by then. So it's probably more embarrassing that I was sober, if rather tired, when the dish-washing happened.

I feel the same about Broooooce, if and when he's playing Oz, I am there, no ifs or buts.

Holy shit, thanks for reminding me. Bruce AND U2 are going to be on tour next year. I can hardly stand it.

OH SHIT OH SHIT! The Who are singing Won't Get Fooled Again. *don't go in ther Ahsley, mom's dvr'ing it, you can watch it later* ok ok ok.

Help me out here, I also couldn't get she's bought a hat.

These guys kick so much ass.

I hate to say it, cause if i were anywhere else i'd be flamed, but these guys kick way more ass than the beatles or the rolling stones.

YouTube - The Kinks - She's Bought A Hat Like Princess Marina

Well, I'm a huge fan, so I'll concede that they're all pretty close. I would put the Beatles above the Kinks, and the Kinks above the Stones.

Best tracks from Arthur:

Victoria :heart:
Australia :dance:
Shangri-La :love:

Yeah, tell me about it.

I saw there was a thread in EYKIW about it too, but I haven't gone in there. I posted twice in the PLEBA thread, and that was more than enough.

I looked in the WTAHAN thread once, since somebody here said LM had made a good call, and indeed he had. I figured I'd be happier if I backed straight out of the thread, though.

I don't know how Traviud manages to read and post so much on WTAHAN. I personally want to do nasty things to the motley collection of n00bs that rule the subforum. Like Kunstmuseum them again.

I don't know how Traviud manages to read and post so much on WTAHAN. I personally want to do nasty things to the motley collection of n00bs that rule the subforum. Like Kunstmuseum them again.

Kunstmuseuming - the new Rickrolling. Which I only learned about today, anyway. :der:

I looked in the WTAHAN thread once, since somebody here said LM had made a good call, and indeed he had. I figured I'd be happier if I backed straight out of the thread, though.

I like debating trivialities with idiots. If I ever get banned and come back with an alter, I'll call it a crime of passion.

He may have looked worse, but he hasn't quite looked like he's joined a pop-emo band before.
I don't really see what the fuss is all about. This is like when they released the Fly. Unlike what Bonovox Superstar may have to say, not all fans were completely shocked and horrified by the change of image. For most of us, it was U2 releasing a long awaited single and new video, and Bono looked damn bloody hot :drool: As the rest of the band actually. At least it wasn't the millionaires of U2 pretending to be hoboes on JT (which to me is the more contrived image they had).

Drivin''s my favorite so far.

I think I still like The Rolling Stones the most, but because i have such deep-seated connections to them. THen the kinks, then the stones.

Shangri-La is my favorite now, simply because I just listened to it a minute ago and it was amazing...my favorite was Victoria before.

There really aren't very many songs in rock that are as well-arranged as that one. It's constantly morphing, and the way it peaks with that epic SHANGRI-LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA in the middle is spine-tingling. Plus, the theme of working your ass off to ultimately do nothing but wither away is extremely poignant.

I don't really see what the fuss is all about. This is like when they released the Fly. Unlike what Bonovox Superstar may have to say, not all fans were completely shocked and horrified by the change of image. For most of us, it was U2 releasing a long awaited single and new video, and Bono looked damn bloody hot :drool: As the rest of the band actually. At least it wasn't the millionaires of U2 pretending to be hoboes on JT (which to me is the more contrived image they had).

I don't know, to me it just looks creepy, and a lot like them trying to be something they aren't. Image is one thing. I don't give one flying fuck what they look like, and to me, right now they look bad. I want them to bring back beautiful awe inspiring music again, and I don't thing a 150 bpm song is goin to do it.

Shangri-La is my favorite now, simply because I just listened to it a minute ago and it was amazing...my favorite was Victoria before.

There really aren't very many songs in rock that are as well-arranged as that one. It's constantly morphing, and the way it peaks with that epic SHANGRI-LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA in the middle is spine-tingling. Plus, the theme of working your ass off to ultimately do nothing but wither away is extremely poignant.

It's up next. Right now I'm listening to Australia. Overall, so far, I think it's a great fun album, so far the Kinks have not let me down where that's concerned.

I don't know, to me it just looks creepy, and a lot like them trying to be something they aren't. Image is one thing. I don't give one flying fuck what they look like, and to me, right now they look bad. I want them to bring back beautiful awe inspiring music again, and I don't thing a 150 bpm song is goin to do it.

Rereading this post, it makes not one flipping bit of sense.

I haven't heard any of the links, or beach clips or anything. A U2 release to me is going to the CD store on the day it's released and then listening to it in the car or when I get home, as I've done for centuries. So prob the image then will make more sense when I hear the song it goes with. Or not, if it's just a Q session which has no relation to the new album.

It's up next. Right now I'm listening to Australia. Overall, so far, I think it's a great fun album, so far the Kinks have not let me down where that's concerned.

I only wish they had saved it for the penultimate slot. I think the album peaks out a bit with Mr. Churchill Says ( :rockon: ) and doesn't really spring back to life until the title track. There's an unfortunate lull in there.

I haven't heard any of the links, or beach clips or anything. A U2 release to me is going to the CD store on the day it's released and then listening to it in the car or when I get home, as I've done for centuries. So prob the image then will make more sense when I hear the song it goes with. Or not, if it's just a Q session which has no relation to the new album.

I listenened to one clip once months ago, and I can't remember a thing about it thank God. I'm with you. I just want to see where all of this is going.

In my heart I have a lot of faith in this album. I think it be something great. I just want this to see fruition.

People (ie, me) are probably over-reacting to the image/eyeliner thing, granted... and you're right, ultimately it doesn't matter, if the music is really good. I'm not confident it will be, this time, and I guess my main issue with the eyeliner is that I don't think laughter was the result Bono was hoping for, and I don't like feeling embarrassed to be associated with them/him by fandom.

:reject:

Anyway, moving along....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom