Pecker's Point, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the songs hyou picked from Black Parade elMel, except that i did like The Black Parade :reject:

The intro of I Don't Love You sounds A LOT like Coldplay's Yellow to me. Cracks me up that someone would rip off Coldplay.

All right, kidlets. I'm tired and still snuffly from the earlier drunkenness, so it's off to bed with me.

Good night, all! :wave:

Shuffle:

1. Stupid Dream - Porcupine Tree

Awesome. 28 seconds of ... the outro to Piano Lessons.

The intro of I Don't Love You sounds A LOT like Coldplay's Yellow to me. Cracks me up that someone would rip off Coldplay.
I wouldn't put it past Geetard Way. Love the band, hate the front man. That is so true for so many bands I like, including Green Day.

2. The Prettiest Star - David Bowie

So, barely a song and then the worst track from Aladdin Sane. Why does Shuffle hate me so far?

3. 9-9 - R.E.M.

So, barely a song and then the worst track from Aladdin Sane. Why does Shuffle hate me so far?
Give it a chance. Besides, the first three songs are always crap anyway.

Matamoros Banks

So I haven't listened to this song since my Devil's and Dust lovefest finally ended. I don't know how well it stands without the rest of the album :hmm:

3. 9-9 - R.E.M.
4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Live - RAH) - U2

It's true, neither Way nor Armstrong are great vocalists by any stretch of the imagination.
Sry. Grammar Nazi.

No. Not at all. :no: John's not my fave of the Beatles, either. George, ftfw. :rockon:

Edit: Also, Gilmour FTFW!

Last edited:
Getting better. :up:

I have four albums to download. Let's see if I can find them all.

What albums?

I did a Beatles and two Rolling Stones tonight. It was good. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere with this album listening.

Passion For Your Embrace by Denver and the Mile High Orchestra, Christian Swing Band, they're actually really cool

Sry. Grammar Nazi.

No. Not at all. :no: John's not my fave of the Beatles, either. George, ftfw. :rockon:

Oh, sorry. Either/or, neither/nor. Not on my game mid-summer.

:love: George is my favorite Beatle, based on his work with the band, but I like more of Paul's solo records.

3. 9-9 - R.E.M.
4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Live - RAH) - U2
5. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police

Do I have to tell a story
Of a thousand rainy days since we first met
It's a big enough umbrella
But it's always me that ends up getting wet

Alright then, Sting.

What albums?

I did a Beatles and two Rolling Stones tonight. It was good. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere with this album listening.

Suede - Dog Man Star
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run (already heard it, have it on vinyl, but want to burn it to CD)
Lou Reed - Transformer

Glad you dug them. You're on your way, my friend. I honestly envy you; it's really special hearing all of these classics for the first time. You'll never quite relive that again.

Oh, sorry. Either/or, neither/nor. Not on my game mid-summer.

:love: George is my favorite Beatle, based on his work with the band, but I like more of Paul's solo records.
George is my fave Beatle, but I agree. Macca has the best solo albums. Memory Almost Full surprisingly didn't suck.

Do you want me to just send you btr elmel?

and Say You Love Me By Fleetwood Mac ! I didn't even know I had this song

ETA: Oh it's one of them that was restored to my computer today :hyper:

Fleetwood Mac! :rockon: I saw them in concert a couple of years ago. Stevie's feet were killing her, but it was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom