Pecker's Point, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday is one of my favorites from the album, for sure.

I didn't even think I'd ever listen to it when it came out, despite the good reviews I'd read, because I'd gotten sick of Green Day some years before.

But then my boyfriend at the time got a live Green Day concert DVD from Netflix, and we watched it, and I said "Holy shit, I have to buy this album NOW." And I did, and it was good.

My friend and I got lost while we were listening to it, and she let it play through a second time. I think that was where the hatred grew from

Did I say it was? :eyebrow:

Well all I'm saying is that, Axver didn't even have anything to do with this conversation, and now all of a sudden you're surprised anyone's got the same opinion of him when he didn't even bring it up.

Anyways whatever, it doesn't matter

I think that's the heart of it, I really dont' care about what Green Day has to say, I listen to their music more than their lyrics, and in this they attempted to make their lyrics the heart.

But Holiday was amazing :rockon:

I don't mind agreeing to disagree on this :wink:

Holiday is...alright. :slant: I like American Idiot the most when it takes the band in new and interesting directions though, not when it takes their old punk sound and pastes some political lyrics over the top.

Which is, unfortunately, all too often.

Well all I'm saying is that, Axver didn't even have anything to do with this conversation, and now all of a sudden you're surprised anyone's got the same opinion of him when he didn't even bring it up.

Anyways whatever, it doesn't matter

Actually, Pfan did a couple pages ago.

I don't be mean to be mean or anything, but the idea of Green Day attempting a concept album about politics just screams bad idea to me, and when I was forced to listen to the album all the wya through, I felt proved right
MCR's Black Parade was a bit more wtf for me. And I confess the first time I heard AI, I didn't know it was a concept album :eeklaugh: But to me it's not about politics. It's political sure (Title track and Holiday). I think of it as part of Billie Joe's life story. Then again I'm a rabid Green Day fan...:shifty:

I'm just giving LMel fuel for the fire at this point...:lol:

Holiday is...alright. :slant: I like American Idiot the most when it takes the band in new and interesting directions though, not when it takes their old punk sound and pastes some political lyrics over the top.

Which is, unfortunately, all too often.

:lmao: I've said before that the only reason I really liked Holiday was because it was the only thing on that album that actually sounded like Green Day :happy:

Especially when the opinion Ax has offered in the past, to the best of my knowledge, is the same as PeeFan and myself, they didn't know where to go with the song. Not what it felt like ElMel was inferring.

Heh, Brown Sugar just came up on shuffle.

I alluded to Axver's opinion that Arcade Fire "sounds like a band who has no idea how to end a song." Or something similar to that.

I hate My Chemical Romance. A lot.

Black Parade had...three good songs, maybe? I've given it enough listens to know it's not going to grow on me.

Hm ... I might wait to go to the ocean until Saturday. It's going to be a little warmer that day. Not warmer enough to make a difference at the ocean, but warmer enough in Seattle that I won't want to be stuck here in my sweltering apartment. :hmm:

UGHHHH I hate this song (Everything Will Be Alright ~ The Killers) *skips* :lmao: Let's Get It Started

For Black Parade, the only songs I'd bother with are:

I Don't Love You (I shouldn't like this song, but something about it feels right to me)
Teenagers :)heart: T Rex tributes :heart:)
Dead! (nicely arranged, not bad at all)

The title track is hilariously bad. I can't believe there were media outlets that bit onto this record hook, line, and sinker.

I agree with the songs hyou picked from Black Parade elMel, except that i did like The Black Parade :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom