Pecker's Point, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll stay blissfully unaware of Arcade Fire and stick with Green Day for now. Ooh, WARNING: album...

I enjoy the fact that they didn't run the song into the ground by repeating the same pattern ad infinitum for the remaining two minutes. That's just me, apparently.

I agree. What they should have done was ended it right about when it changes to the end.

I love American Idiot - it's an awesome album. Other than that, I like "Minority" but not a lot of their other stuff.

I think American Idiot was a joke and had maybe two good songs on it.

But Warning is a great song :D

Listening back to Wake Up again, it's pretty clear why Axver dislikes the ending so much; it's got that sugary Supremes thing going on. I'm surprised others are joining in with him though.

The best part about that section is the lyrics. They're beautiful.

Why do you say "a joke"?

I don't be mean to be mean or anything, but the idea of Green Day attempting a concept album about politics just screams bad idea to me, and when I was forced to listen to the album all the wya through, I felt proved right

I never in a million years would listen to the end of Wake Up and think "Hey, The Supremes!" That's a mild bit of wtf for me.

Listening back to Wake Up again, it's pretty clear why Axver dislikes the ending so much; it's got that sugary Supremes thing going on. I'm surprised others are joining in with him though.

:eyebrow: what's wrong with agreeing with Axver's opinion?

I don't be mean to be mean or anything, but the idea of Green Day attempting a concept album about politics just screams bad idea to me, and when I was forced to listen to the album all the wya through, I felt proved right

I guess we'll just really disagree on this, then. :)

Although I mainly like it because it rocks hard. I don't really care what Green Day has to say, but I thought they succeeded admirably in what they set out to do.

I'd rather not be tarred with a potential Axver reason for why I don't like it.

It doesn't suit well and I'd have been happier if they'd stopped two minutes sooner.

If ever there was a reason for putting an outro on an album as a separate track, Wake Up is it.

I guess we'll just really disagree on this, then. :)

Although I mainly like it because it rocks hard. I don't really care what Green Day has to say, but I thought they succeeded admirably in what they set out to do.

I think that's the heart of it, I really dont' care about what Green Day has to say, I listen to their music more than their lyrics, and in this they attempted to make their lyrics the heart.

But Holiday was amazing :rockon:

I don't mind agreeing to disagree on this :wink:

I never in a million years would listen to the end of Wake Up and think "Hey, The Supremes!" That's a mild bit of wtf for me.

Listen to the bouncy tempo. Listen to the chimes. I think I read an article (Pitchfork?) that compared to You Can't Hurry Love. :hmm:

Holiday is one of my favorites from the album, for sure.

I didn't even think I'd ever listen to it when it came out, despite the good reviews I'd read, because I'd gotten sick of Green Day some years before.

But then my boyfriend at the time got a live Green Day concert DVD from Netflix, and we watched it, and I said "Holy shit, I have to buy this album NOW." And I did, and it was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom