Pecker's Point, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now up:

Liz Phair - 6'1"

I love my iPod and I love shuffle mode.

See, I'm not a fan of shuffle mode at all. It brings up the most random stuff, which I guess is the point, but in a collection like mine ... Promenade sounds just a bit ridiculous after some death metal, you know?

I didn't see a wrapup on Sticky Fingers, but it looks like you enjoyed it, pfan.

Yes. It's a solid album. Apparently, according to Wikipedia, Wild Horses is considered the classic from it. It never jumped out at me. But there are six songs on there that I really like, and the rest isn't filler, just nothing special to me.

Have I mentioned before I play saxophone? Lots of things should make sense with this revelation :wink:

What kind of effect do they do to this guy's voice? They do something right?

Ahh, now it all makes sense indeed.

And what do you mean?

:up:

Hi, Mia! I listened to some random Pink Martini stuff earlier this summer. It was keen and fun, but not sure I wanted a whole CD of it.

Hey Alicia!!
Wow, you're only the 2nd person I know to have heard of them. Awesome.

I don't know what it is about latin music. I can seriously listen to it for hours, even if I don't know the songs. I especially love it for road trips.

Ok, didn't like Cellophane as much as I seem to have enjoyed it last night but it was good and atmospheric?

See, I'm not a fan of shuffle mode at all. It brings up the most random stuff, which I guess is the point, but in a collection like mine ... Promenade sounds just a bit ridiculous after some death metal, you know?

Yeah, sometimes it makes for a good bit of wtf-ery, but I like it at work for background music, or when I'm not in the mood to listen to anything in particular, which is quite often.

Shuffle is great, but the differing volume levels between things I listen to can either be annoying or terrifying.

Oh, TOTALLY. Some albums are way too quiet. Murmur by REM, Violent Femmes self-titled album and In My Tribe by 10,000 Maniacs, I'm talking to you.

Phanan, I'm a big Rubber Soul fan as well.

Yes. It's a solid album. Apparently, according to Wikipedia, Wild Horses is considered the classic from it. It never jumped out at me. But there are six songs on there that I really like, and the rest isn't filler, just nothing special to me.

Brown Sugar is actually the biggest classic from it. A timeless rocker. But yeah, Wild Horses is up there, too.

My personal favorites are the final two, Dead Flowers and Moonlight Mile.

Yeah, sometimes it makes for a good bit of wtf-ery, but I like it at work for background music, or when I'm not in the mood to listen to anything in particular, which is quite often.
Does your shuffle seem to have a small degree of smart-assed-ness? Mine does. Like when Ashley mentioned HSM3 ( :barf: ) it started playing REM - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I feel Fine) :lol:

Brown Sugar is actually the biggest classic from it. A timeless rocker. But yeah, Wild Horses is up there, too.

My personal favorites are the final two, Dead Flowers and Moonlight Mile.

I dont' get the love for Wild Horses. I feel like H shouldn't like Brown Sugar just cause, but I can't not

And I agree, the last two tracks were awesome

My iPod doesn't mess with me much, but it does seem to favor certain albums. It bugs me. Over 8,000 songs, and it keeps giving me certain tracks/albums/artists. Come on, The Spruce Bruce! Be more random!

Bah, I'll join in the random listening fun.

The random spin of the iPod wheel starts me out with Electrical Storm.
and of all the songs on mine it picks...

One More Time - The Clash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom