Pecker's Point, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive to the Pacific Ocean beaches from Seattle. It's only going to be about 70 there, but I didn't go last year, and I love walking up and down the smooth beach, wading in the (cold) surf.

How far away do you live from the ocean?

:love: It's questions like this that make me truly appreciate living in the part of NZ I do (same as Ian), that we have two different oceans on two different coasts, both within easy driving distance :drool:

:love: It's questions like this that make me truly appreciate living in the part of NZ I do (same as Ian), that we have two different oceans on two different coasts, both within easy driving distance :drool:

Islands FTW? :wink:

I'm about 1/2 hour to an ocean (Pacific)

Sounds like a good way to end the week cori!

It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive to the Pacific Ocean beaches from Seattle. It's only going to be about 70 there, but I didn't go last year, and I love walking up and down the smooth beach, wading in the (cold) surf.

See, a two and a half hour drive to the beach is insane to me. It's about an hours lazy walk to the nearest decent beach to me. If that.

There are a few decent beaches in Seattle itself, one in my neighborhood, that are on the shores of the bays of Puget Sound, but it's not the same.

Plus, I love driving on beautiful days - windows down, music cranked, singing at the top of my lungs .... good times. But it would pretty much be an all-day excursion.

If I stayed home I'd probably just hang out and read all day. Which I can do Saturday and Sunday before heading back to work.

I can go to polluted eastern beaches or drown on the west coast beaches :hmm:

Islands FTW? :wink:

I'm about 1/2 hour to an ocean (Pacific)

Sounds like a good way to end the week cori!

See, a two and a half hour drive to the beach is insane to me. It's about an hours lazy walk to the nearest decent beach to me. If that.

:up: It's barely a 20 minute drive to the wild West Coast for me, and the River Estuary, or a 40 minute drive to the safer East Coast beaches :drool:

I couldn't stand being landlocked.

The hideously stinky Waikato river is a 2 minute drive from my house. It's so brown and foul. My kids freak thinking about the Aucklanders drinking it!! :lol:

Back, sorry, long drawn out MSN conversatiosn for the win :| mi rite

Not much on Sticky fingers stuck out for me, but it was all nice jazzy. Brown Sugar's a fun song, and I've never really liked Wild Horses. Can't You Hear Me Knocking was pretty amazing , and the last two tracks, Dead Flowers and Moonlight Mile, were probably my favorite part of the album

It's nice to be FINALLY getting a decent student discount.

What I think is moronic is that in Victoria, you actually need to pay for a special student travel ID thing to get the student discount. Your university student ID isn't good enough, even though it is in Queensland! At least the travel ID now only costs $8.50 - it was apparently over $100 a few years ago.

There are a few decent beaches in Seattle itself, one in my neighborhood, that are on the shores of the bays of Puget Sound, but it's not the same.

Plus, I love driving on beautiful days - windows down, music cranked, singing at the top of my lungs .... good times. But it would pretty much be an all-day excursion.

If I stayed home I'd probably just hang out and read all day. Which I can do Saturday and Sunday before heading back to work.

In fairness to my previous comments, my local beaches would probably be similar to the Puget Sound beaches.

You've also just described my dream road trip. Location isn't quite as important as overall atmosphere.

Based on Even Less, I hate to disappoint, but I'm afraid I might like this album even more sober. Sorry guys :wink:

The hideously stinky Waikato river is a 2 minute drive from my house. It's so brown and foul. My kids freak thinking about the Aucklanders drinking it!! :lol:

It's perfectly pleasant once it's been run through all manner of purifiers, including the one in my fridge.

Now, go and put more petrol in the car. My road could do with resurfacing again.

Oh man, Piano lessons is great. I can't put my finger on it, but songs with like a Pinging sort of note every couple beats like this I really like....maybe Ax knows waht I'm talking about :lol:

Let's see. Where I grew up, it was all of a ten minute walk to the Tasman Sea on the west coast, an hour down to the southern coast in Wellington on Cook Strait, and three hours' drive to the rugged Wairarapa east coast on the Pacific. I swear, when you're out somewhere like Castlepoint, you really do feel like you are at the very edge of the earth. There's NOTHING out there, it's insane.

Nowadays, by car it's probably 20 minutes to Port Phillip if you take the right route at the right time of day. I could get there in an hour by tram. I'm sure I could get there even quicker by tram or train but I've never tried.

It's perfectly pleasant once it's been run through all manner of purifiers, including the one in my fridge.

Now, go and put more petrol in the car. My road could do with resurfacing again.

:wink: One step ahead of you

$78 worth of diesel
$387 of road users
$117 of petrol

My work is done for the day! :yikes:

Might have to go and stand on a corner somewhere :yikes:

Our monthly fuel bill for running 4 vehicles is on average $1000 now!!! :yikes:

1. Taxman
2. Eleanor Rigby
3. I'm Only Sleeping

Let's hope this pattern doesn't continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom