Pecker's Point, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that was the best season imo... People will tell you Season 4 is the best but I really think the subtleties of Urkle's performance are much more apparent in S3.

Very true. You can see Jaleel White realing getting his confidence and hitting his stride. By the time Season 6 rolled around and he and Carl had to land that plane, you could just FEEL the emotional thrill ride White was taking us on. However, the overall writing had really gotten weaker after season 4, definitely peaking 3/4 of the way through season 3. Good call.

Pfan, I absolutely love the Daniel Day-Lewis as The Edge idea.

Edge: I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD! I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD! I'VE ABANDONED MY BOY!!!
Bono: I'm right here.

Very true. You can see Jaleel White realing getting his confidence and hitting his stride. By the time Season 6 rolled around and he and Carl had to land that plane, you could just FEEL the emotional thrill ride White was taking us on. However, the overall writing had really gotten weaker after season 4, definitely peaking 3/4 of the way through season 3. Good call.

Jaleel is underrated, wouldn't you say? The transformation in from season one to the end is unheard of. Really, an unsung hero.

I wonder what Muldfeld thinks of the political subtext of Steven Urkel's transformation to Stephan Urquelle.

Final part of Screwtape's retro list, which got sidetracked by the arrival of Gibson Girl and Pecker's Point...

I made it through Birdland, but as I said before, Patti Smith just isn't for me.

I'm not a big Kate Bush fan - I do like some of her stuff, though, and this song wasn't bad. Of course, it could have been that I was just so happy to hear something else by that point. :lol:

Love the Talking Heads, though. And that's a great song. So it ended well.

Overall, I really like most of this playlist, Screwtape. After the first song, it was a great listen until I hit Utopia and Patti Smith. Those brought it down a bit for me. On the other hand, your playlist was constructed very well, so bonus points for that. Well done.

It seems like each list has only a couple of songs that I don't care for (or parts that don't flow well), which is probably why I'm rating them so closely together so far. I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of each when it comes time to vote to see which cons bring a list down more.

Pfan, I absolutely love the Daniel Day-Lewis as The Edge idea.

Edge: I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD! I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD! I'VE ABANDONED MY BOY!!!
Bono: I'm right here.

There's so much potential for Daniel Day-Lewis as The Edge. So much.

It would also make his divorce after Rattle and Hum ten times more badass, if that's any consolation.

holla! :hi5:

There's so much potential for Daniel Day-Lewis as The Edge. So much.

It would also make his divorce after Rattle and Hum ten times more badass, if that's any consolation.

It would be so-ooo intense. That's what D-Day brings to the table: a great motor, tremendous upside, freakish athleticism, and intensity.

Since you guys mentioned Urkel:

edgeheartsurkelod1.jpg

I have to post this every time he's mentioned - it's an unwritten, unsaid, unspoken rule.

It would be so-ooo intense. That's what D-Day brings to the table: a great motor, tremendous upside, freakish athleticism, and intensity.

He's got a tremendous wingspan. Just great length out there. Check his toolbox: it's a good one.

is it going to make House Party look like House Party II?

This makes me laugh. I believe this has now entered my lexicon. "Hey, Mike, how's that report coming?" "Let me just say that when it's done, it's going make House Party look like House Party 2, yo." "Uhhhmmmm, ga....great?"

Jaleel is underrated, wouldn't you say? The transformation in from season one to the end is unheard of. Really, an unsung hero.

EXACTLY! It's like we see Urkel the boy turn into Urkel the Man, but there is no one point where it happened. Jaleel took us on a journey, and goddamn, it was worth it.

I wonder what Muldfeld thinks of the political subtext of Steven Urkel's transformation to Stephan Urquelle.

Supposedly "Bad" is based off this event. Urkell suddenly becomes wide awake and transforms into Urquelle. Now who should play Bono? I think it's obivous. Jaleel "Fucking Powerjuice" White. BAM.

I like how Urquelle looked like a mid-'90s R&B star - that has always killed me.

My failed attempt at a U2 Cover Band:

thenewu2if5.jpg

Tobias, Dwight, Lo Pan, and Picard broke the cycle. They fucking broke it!

This makes me laugh. I believe this has now entered my lexicon. "Hey, Mike, how's that report coming?" "Let me just say that when it's done, it's going make House Party look like House Party 2, yo." "Uhhhmmmm, ga....great?"

glad to be of service... I think it was from Jay And Silent Bob Strike back if I'm not mistaken...

EXACTLY! It's like we see Urkel the boy turn into Urkel the Man, but there is no one point where it happened. Jaleel took us on a journey, and goddamn, it was worth it.

His work on The Fresh Prince Of Belair is criminally underrated as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom