Pecker's Point, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it though?

Malcom X is one isn't it? God, what a long movie, but oh so very worth it.

Based on those two movies I'm surprised I have yet to go on a spike lee kick yet.

Indeed.

I'm gonna try and watch Do the Right Thing, Jungle Fever, 25th Hour, He Got Game, and Inside Man before his new film comes out.

Indeed.

I'm gonna try and watch Do the Right Thing, Jungle Fever, 25th Hour, He Got Game, and Inside Man before his new film comes out.

Inside Man is his too? I didn't like that one as much, but man was it a clever and original idea. I think it was more that the movie was slightly frustrating because I didn't see the end coming for once. That should be a good thing though :lol:

Oh goody, I got that wonderful "You don't have enough credit to get a text message" message.

At least yo uget a warning? They dont' tell me, so I can just keep texting my happy little ass off, getting charged 15 cents a text in the meanwhile.

Annie Hall was a bit too over the top for me, but still hilarious at the same tim. It was really fun hearing the pretentious film arguments that occurred in it too 8/10

Manhattan was just flat out amazing. Once again, pretentious arguments about Film/books/etc. for the win. My only complaint was that it was shot in crisp b&w, and I just have a problem with B&W being anything but grainy 9/10

I didn't get to finish Curse of the Jade Scorpion :)sad: ) but, it started slow, and got much better as it went along, a lot of double entendre and such in that one so that's a huge thumbs up. Plus Dan Akroyd :D. But yeah, I didn't see the end so, that kinda sucks. 7/10 based on what I saw.

overall he's one of the few people that can successfully create and star in their own films. I like the speed that everything progresses in, maybe cause I'm kind of a fast talker as well, and I like how a lot of the humor is based on word play, because that takes a lot of work imo. Maybe he's a little overrated, but I dont' care, he does pretty great work.

Nice. I'm working my way through his work right now, so far I'd rank them like this:

1. Annie Hall *****
2. Hannah and Her Sisters ****1/2
3. Crimes and Misdemeanors ****1/2
4. Love and Death ****1/2
5. The Purple Rose of Cairo ****
6. Stardust Memories ****
7. Manhattan ****
8. Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex... ***1/2
9. Zelig ***1/2
10. Broadway Danny Rose ***1/2
11. Sleeper ***1/2
12. What's Up, Tiger Lily ***
13. Bananas ***
14. Melinda and Melinda **1/2

Black and White, to me, is beautiful in whatever form. He uses it again brilliantly in Stardust Memories and Zelig (grainy, so you'd like it. :) ).

At least yo uget a warning? They dont' tell me, so I can just keep texting my happy little ass off, getting charged 15 cents a text in the meanwhile.

Prepay - I can't do anything really useful with my phone now.

I mean, if they're going to tell me I don't have enough credit to get a text message via text message, the least they could do is deliver the text message.

It doesn't actually worry me because they're just from a Warriors thing I signed up to, but it's the principle of it!

Ahh shit, it seems I didn't get ALL of my Beatles back :sad: I'm missing four tracks from Abbey Road.

Nice. I'm working my way through his work right now, so far I'd rank them like this:

1. Annie Hall *****
2. Hannah and Her Sisters ****1/2
3. Crimes and Misdemeanors ****1/2
4. Love and Death ****1/2
5. The Purple Rose of Cairo ****
6. Stardust Memories ****
7. Manhattan ****
8. Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex... ***1/2
9. Zelig ***1/2
10. Broadway Danny Rose ***1/2
11. Sleeper ***1/2
12. What's Up, Tiger Lily ***
13. Bananas ***
14. Melinda and Melinda **1/2

Black and White, to me, is beautiful in whatever form. He uses it again brilliantly in Stardust Memories and Zelig (grainy, so you'd like it. :) ).

Melinda and Melinda is his? I own it, but haven't watched it yet, doesn't sound like it's so good :lol: but I Love Will Ferrell so I picked it up.

That B&W thing is a really weird pet peeve of mine, that for the most part I usually don't even notice anyways, but I'll check out Zelig (and Stardust Memories, I wanna eventually seem them all )

Prepay - I can't do anything really useful with my phone now.

I mean, if they're going to tell me I don't have enough credit to get a text message via text message, the least they could do is deliver the text message.

It doesn't actually worry me because they're just from a Warriors thing I signed up to, but it's the principle of it!

:lol: Here's a text message,
Hey Ian, we just wanted you to know that you're over your credit limit. We are blocking all texts you receive. We will alert you to the arrival of these texts via text message

have a nice day

Melinda and Melinda is his? I own it, but haven't watched it yet, doesn't sound like it's so good :lol: but I Love Will Ferrell so I picked it up.

That B&W thing is a really weird pet peeve of mine, that for the most part I usually don't even notice anyways, but I'll check out Zelig (and Stardust Memories, I wanna eventually seem them all )

There's a sweet box set on Amazon with all of his work from '71 to '92 - 19 films for $100. NSW, Laz, and I all bought it and love it.

There's a box set of his work from '71 to '92 on Amazon for about $100 if you're really interested - that's 19 films. Laz, NSW, and I all bought it and love it.

$100? :hmm: That's not bad at all. Especially because I could probably ebay it up for less :lol:

Yeah, I'll definitely look into getting that.

I don't think I dislike any song off of Abbey Road. "Maxwell" is a fun track, not as fun as "Octopus' Garden," but I've always had a soft spot for Ringo.

Octopus' Garden > Maxwell I agree

how can people hate fun songs, they're SUPPOSED to be camp :lol:

What's track four? It's one of the missing ones :sigh:

Ah, I'm off. :wave:

Ashley, if you're still missing tracks, I can try and PM them to you.

I don't think I've ever posted in a superthread?!

:wave:

(I go down in the list of people who've posted in here now, right? :shifty: )

Yes, Khan and Axver are keeping track on an Excel spreadsheet. You're in the books, now.

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself

However if the superthread is in fact fear itself, you are indeed screwed then

I didn't realise they were keeping track - I thought someone trawled through every thread once it was finished... either way, it's gotta be quite a task :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom