Pecker's Point, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. You told me to remind you what songs you seemed to like. I think you particularly enjoyed Even Less, Don't Hate Me, Baby Dream In Cellophane, Stranger By The Minute, and Tinto Brass.

My personal favourites are Even Less, Piano Lessons (my favourite PT song full stop), Pure Narcotic, This Is No Rehearsal, Stranger By The Minute, and A Smart Kid. Though A Smart Kid took forever to grow on me and I still hate the title.

Ah, we have a Stupid Dream listener. Excellent.

My personal faves are Even Less (which is probably my favorite PT song, or at least in the top 3), Piano Lessons, Pure Narcotic...wait, see a pattern here? :lol:

I would be AB's biggest fan if it didn't sound so shitty. It's a GREAT set of songs, but I like being able to hear what's going on, if at all possible.

I think they had enough songs from that session that were good. It needed a few swap outs, overhauled production, and a change in the tracklisting. It would be in the top two if done correctly, for me.

Ah, we have a Stupid Dream listener. Excellent.

My personal faves are Even Less (which is probably my favorite PT song, or at least in the top 3), Piano Lessons, Pure Narcotic...wait, see a pattern here? :lol:

:lol: At least we can agree on this! I think Slave Called Shiver deserves a nod too. Colin Edwin abso-fucking-lutely rocks the bass on that one.

I think they had enough songs from that session that were good. It needed a few swap outs, overhauled production, and a change in the tracklisting. It would be in the top two if done correctly, for me.

Based on the live versions, I agree. Ultraviolet is a fucking anthem live, but on the album it just sounds like a U2-ish pop song.

Based on the live versions, I agree. Ultraviolet is a fucking anthem live, but on the album it just sounds like a U2-ish pop song.

Usually U2 attempts to do things better live, but with Achtung baby, you can just tell it was bad production. Most of it is core parts of the songs that shine through live and are muddled out in the studio.

Ultraviolet Live :drool:
Ultraviolet Studio ... average

Every song on this thing can pretty much get a nod, really. The only one I tend to skip at times is Tinto Brass.

I usually skip the last few minutes of Don't Hate Me. I think it would have been better as a more concise song.

Also, it's a shame the full Even Less didn't make the album, as I love the second half of it.

I don't like the last couple of minutes of the album Even Less. That kind of dragged on.

How's the second half compare?

HOLY SHIT MOM HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!?!

SHE SAT A BOX OF DVDS ON TOP OF MY BOX OF VINYLS!

She destroyed the casing of Hotel California! :sad:

btw, i'm listening to a Tom Petty album right now, as I've been meaning to do so for over a week now, but then I'll listen to the TP album

It's rockin' and expansive, and adds a couple of verses of lyrics. I'm quite fond of the "fuck you and your book too/you can have it back/when I'm gone, these songs will be my tracks" verse.

I don't like the last couple of minutes of the album Even Less. That kind of dragged on.

Yeah, on the album version, it goes into that counting thing, which just goes for a bit and that's it.

On the original version, it also goes into a quiet section (without the counting) but then starts to slowly build up in a crescendo of drums before SW comes in and goes nuts for a bit. After a while of this it finally gets back to the way it started for the last verses, which are fantastic.

I love it. All 14 plus minutes of it, or however long the thing is.

What PT album are you giving a listen?

Oh God, I forgot the name
*checks*

Long After Dark

So Far I've heard (In order of preference):
Full Moon Fever
Southern Accents
Wildflowers
Let Me Up (I've Had Enough)

I think after TP and PT :)giggle: ) I'll listen to Damn The Torpedoes

Phanan, have you ever found the demo version of Even Less with the ... rather blasphemous chorus?

*checks*

Long After Dark

Full Moon Fever
Southern Accents
Wildflowers

I was saying Porcupine Tree. :lol:

*checks*

Long After Dark

Full Moon Fever
Southern Accents
Wildflowers

:lmao: Context, Ashley. This is primarily a Porcupine Tree discussion right now. That's what he meant. :wink:

Just catching up, and ...

Usually.

1175601477_65a13a4945.jpg

HEART'S DELIGHT! :lmao: :lmao:

Baaahahahaha, that's the funniest street sign I've ever seen. GG, never stop posting in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom