Pearl Jam's best album is....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're the only one will I never be enough? Yeah.
Hail hail the lucky ones. I refer to those in love. Yeah.

:rockon:

OMG.. No Code :combust:

Zootlesque said:
If you're the only one will I never be enough? Yeah.
Hail hail the lucky ones. I refer to those in love. Yeah.

:rockon:

OMG.. No Code :combust:

Memories of the fall of '96 :love:

I actually bought it on cassette to go in my Walkman :wink:..seems like a hundred years ago in that way. I love this album, because I think it's PJ at their most introspective and yearning-for-something-other phase.

Present Tense outro :drool:

Zootlesque said:

edit: Binaural is the only one I don't have yet.

you need to get it! it gets a bit boring after a while, but it's worth anyway. it's probably their most derivative and "with balls" album... :drool:

it has one of their worst tracks ever - evacuation - but besides that... 3 good rockers - brakerfall:rockon:, gods dice and grievance:drool: , and then lots of slower stuff. Beautiful songs like light years:sad:, thin air or parting ways, and some very interesting stuff like nothing as it seems, of the girl, insignificance or sleight of hand:drool::drool:. all this songs sound like no other in pearl jam's catalog.

MacPhistoPT said:
you need to get it! it gets a bit boring after a while, but it's worth anyway. it's probably their most derivative and "with balls" album... :drool:

it has one of their worst tracks ever - evacuation - but besides that... 3 good rockers - brakerfall:rockon:, gods dice and grievance:drool: , and then lots of slower stuff. Beautiful songs like light years:sad:, thin air or parting ways, and some very interesting stuff like nothing as it seems, of the girl, insignificance or sleight of hand:drool::drool:. all this songs sound like no other in pearl jam's catalog.

Thanks for that quick review. Yeah, I really want to get it sometime soon. This one as well as Radiohead's Pablo Honey!

But I don't understand what you mean by derivative and "with balls"!!! Isn't being derivative a bad thing? :huh:

Great Thread Topic!!!

1>. No Code
2>. Vitalogy
3>. Ten

Zootlesque said:

Thanks for that quick review. Yeah, I really want to get it sometime soon. This one as well as Radiohead's Pablo Honey!

But I don't understand what you mean by derivative and "with balls"!!! Isn't being derivative a bad thing? :huh:

well, looks like I fucked up the meanings... :huh: I wanted to say that Binaural is, probably, the album in which they got away the most from their "original sound", the album where they risked even more. I thought "derivative" meant that...

MacPhistoPT said:

well, looks like I fucked up the meanings... :huh: I wanted to say that Binaural is, probably, the album in which they got away the most from their "original sound", the album where they risked even more. I thought "derivative" meant that...

"Derivative" generally means you sound more like someone else, and less original. It's definitely not a compliment.

LemonMelon said:

"Derivative" generally means you sound more like someone else, and less original. It's definitely not a compliment.

okay, thanks for the explanation :up: it's meaning is totally the opposite of what I thought...

MacPhistoPT said:

No worries. I know now what you meant. :wink:

My favorite Pearl Jam song as of late does not appear on any of their albums(although it did make the cut for the Greatest Hits)...and that is Man Of The Hour. Great lyrics and guitar, and it's better than the movie it was written for...Never get sick of that song...

Nate Dogg said:
My favorite Pearl Jam song as of late does not appear on any of their albums(although it did make the cut for the Greatest Hits)...and that is Man Of The Hour. Great lyrics and guitar, and it's better than the movie it was written for...Never get sick of that song...

:up:

It's funny, I initially hated that song when it first came out. I didn't see the magic at all...but then it grew on me unexpectedly. I now love it greatly.

It's also on Live at Benaroya Hall, which is a great acoustic set. :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
soon forget :drool:

gem :drool:

I'd just like to add that Binaural is Pearl Jam's best album when it comes down to lyrics, tied with No Code. :drool:

sleight of hand... :drool:

Routine was the theme...
he'd wake up, wash and pour himself into uniform...
something he hadn't imagined being...

As the merging traffic passed,...
he found himself staring,..
Down,... at his own... hands..
Not remembering the change,... not recalling the plan,
Was it...?

He was okay,... but wondering... about wandering
Was it age?... By consequence?...
or was he moved by Sleight of hand?

Mondays were made to fall,... lost on a road he knew by heart
It was like a book he read in his sleep,... endlessly...
Sometimes he hid in his radio,... watching others pull into their homes
While he was drifting...

On a line,... of his own,... off the line,... on the side
Bye the by,.... as dirt turned to sand,
As if moved by sleight of hand...

When he reached the shore of his... clip-on world...
He resurfaced to the norm
Organized his few things,... his coat and keys...
Any new realizations... would have to wait...
Until he had more time,... more time...

Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
Another man...moved by sleight of hand...

ament and vedder: you rule!

on youtube.com you can watch a 20 minute performance that was recorded back in 1991, november of 1991 i believe of the band performing an acoustic set in a tower records in seattle. right before they exploded.

it's a pretty awesome performance, eddie throws down the mic after a while and just starts singing without it. his voice was so powerful he didn't even need it.

Tough one! It's a close-tie between "Ten" and "No Code,"... but I'll go with Ten. I was fairly late in the game in becoming a PJ fan, but Ten was the first disc I picked up and it's just such an amazing debut album. I'll never get tired of it.

Back
Top Bottom