Pearl Jam vs. 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ouizy said:
My sister just saw the last US PJ show in Jersey and I was able to download the setlist.

I have to say it was absolutely amazing.

I kind of stopped listening to them years ago, but this show was unreal.

My favorite quote was from Eddie:

"How are you all doing in the back, how bout in the front, well, hang in there because it is going to be a long night."

They then proceeded to play like 30 songs including Hunger Strike in its entirety...
and ouizy is no longer immune........:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
The PJ bug hits when you least expect it. :tongue:
Hail hail to a HEAVILY underrated band. Atleast on this board.
Yah sure...the grunge period...the Seattle sound.....yadda fookin yadda.
The music (today...the NOW) speaks for itself. :yes: :up:

Yes. The Music does speak for itself.

The People change the way you live now.

:dance:

mmmBono said:

and ouizy is no longer immune........:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
The PJ bug hits when you least expect it. :tongue:
Hail hail to a HEAVILY underrated band. Atleast on this board.
Yah sure...the grunge period...the Seattle sound.....yadda fookin yadda.
The music (today...the NOW) speaks for itself. :yes: :up:

Immune?

no.

I stood on a line outside a record store in Harvard Square waiting for "5 agains 1 to be released."

I am a veteran.

:up:

First of all, I just got some great flashbacks from that post.

I think I spent half the money I had during college at Second Coming Records. I actually live rather close to the New York City Second Coming Records. They are nothing like they used to be.

I remember going into the Harvard store sometime I think in 95 and they had said that the store had been "raided" and the cops took almost everything. This was when bootlegs were the most evil thing on the planet.

I remember every record store had a line outside it that night as they were the hottest band and that record was the most anticipated as their sophomore effort (boy did it live up.)

It was none of the stores you listed, but I do not remember the name of the store. If I can remember correctly, the store was across the street from Urban Outfitters and caddy-corner to the Swatch store across from that park. It mayh well be long gone, but it was not a huge record store.

I am having such fond memories of Harvard Square right now...

God I miss Boston...

Soon after that record came out I had an enginering project where I had to construct a 'unique' speaker out of a coil of copper wire and 5 magnets. I ended up creating a completely see-through acetate speaker that was flexible, and the song I used to test it was Daughter. I played that song over and over again through the speaker and now I have a hard time listening to the beginning of that song (also because the speaker blew every fuse in my stereo...)

IWasBored said:
u2kitten, you and i disagree on many things regarding music. i'm a little curious as to why you blame kurt cobain's suicide on the decline of rock music in the 90s. would you care to elaborate? personally i'm biased towards rock in the latter half of the 90s because that's when i finally started moving my radio tuner off the oldies station. i've probably got a soft spot for bands that you'd call shit from that time period. i just don't see how it's one man's fault that you didn't enjoy it.

I didn't really blame him, I just think it's a coincidence music started to suck about that time. You say that's when you turned the radio off the oldies station, that's when mine went on the oldies station, or just tapes and CDs, and I abandoned MTV. By then it was 98% garbage, political propaganda, stupid shows, and too many commericials. I like a few bands from that time, like the Wallflowers, and, um, well, not many. I love Oasis. I remember once, I think it was you who started the STP thread, saying just forget they did #4 or ShangriLaDeDa? I never liked STP much until those came out, those are my favorites and I love them! So what can I say, we have different taste. It doesn't really matter. Like take those guys in your sig, I see u-g-l-y but you probably think they're cute. It's not a big deal, there's room for all tastes in the world, and if we all liked the same things some bands would never sell anything.

yes, we do have different taste (that was me with the STP thread). and i'm not going to hold grudges cos your idea of a good song differs from mine.

i like oasis a lot too.

one thing, you have a hell of a lot of nerve saying that i probably think some guy or some group of guys is/are cute just because i put them in my sig. but judging from what you've said in the past, i shouldn't expect anything else. have you ever stopped to think that maybe i put a picture of a band in my sig because i like the music? or is there some unwritten law somewhere that if a girl likes a band, she naturally has to think the band members are hot? enlighten me, please. i like new perspectives no matter how warped and narrow-minded they might be.

IWasBored said:

one thing, you have a hell of a lot of nerve saying that i probably think some guy or some group of guys is/are cute just because i put them in my sig. but judging from what you've said in the past, i shouldn't expect anything else. have you ever stopped to think that maybe i put a picture of a band in my sig because i like the music? or is there some unwritten law somewhere that if a girl likes a band, she naturally has to think the band members are hot? enlighten me, please. i like new perspectives no matter how warped and narrow-minded they might be.

A-fucking-men!

completely off-topic, but are unwritten law any good?

unwritten law aren't too bad. they're not great. from what i've ehard their old stuff is better.

like they said, where is the love, eh? if i wasn't so lazy i might actually start putting yield back in the player again! oh well. oh very well. i am the king, and this is my choir!

Woo..
I'm ahead, I'm a man
I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah
I'm at peace with my lust
I can kill 'cause in God I trust, yeah
It's evolution, baby

I'm at piece, I'm the man
Buying stocks on the day of the crash
On the loose, I'm a truck
All the rolling hills, I'll flatten 'em out, yeah
It's herd behavior, uh huh
It's evolution, baby

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, he's my clone
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
This land is mine, this land is free
I'll do what I want but irresponsibly
It's evolution, baby

I'm a thief, I'm a liar
There's my church, I sing in the choir:
(hallelujah, hallelujah)

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, admire my clones
'Cause we know, appetite for a nightly feast
Those ignorant Indians got nothin' on me
Nothin', why?
Because... it's evolution, baby!

I am ahead, I am advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
It's evolution, baby
Do the evolution
Come on, come on, come on

awesome yertle!
Looks like someone else has got the PJ thang going on. :sexywink:
You would have a great time with some of the boots out there.
Eddie has been known to improvise the lyrics to this song...
"I am the first mammal to wear tight pants, yeah"
:lol:
And I was Bored...I completely understand your point about looks vs. music.....it certainly is not a necessity in my mind. That is not what I look for....music comes first...and whatever they look like is not important. I got into Pearl Jam without even knowing what the hell they looked like. To base your opinion on a band solely on looks is shallow and well...missing the point entirely. :lol:

mmmBono said:

I got into Pearl Jam without even knowing what the hell they looked like. To base your opinion on a band solely on looks is shallow and well...missing the point entirely. :lol:

Bravo! Well, put Autumn! I totally agree! :) I also got into PJ without even knowing how they look like! I was just a kiddo, and got "Jeremy" stuck in my head when it was being played so much. Actually I was annoyed at the "singer" because I didn't know if he was saying "Jeremy smoked in class today..." or "Jeremy something in class today!" :lmao: Actually Eddie scared me when I saw Jeremy for the first time! LOL

Same thing with U2! :) The music always comes first for me too! :)

Now that the tour is over, I swear Eddie is starting to invade my dreams!! So weird, lastnight I had a dream he was my lab professor. LMAO

Ah, yerttle that makes me wanna listen to "Do The Evolution" :D

IWasBored said:
enlighten me, please. i like new perspectives no matter how warped and narrow-minded they might be.

Wow, that's really nasty of you. :( I was actually feeling bad and going to apologize until I read that last line. I tried to answer your question nicely, I never thought you'd find something to take exception to. There's no need for me to 'enlighten' you, no matter what I say you'll only get all snotty and take things the wrong way again. I don't like being judged on a few dozen words I've written by someone who doesn't even know me. And I won't be coming back to this thread, you're only going to make up your own mind anyway and nothing I say will make any difference.

Back
Top Bottom