Pearl Jam to Issue Live Accoustic Set on CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Pearl Jam's first full acoustic concert is heading to CD next month.

The 24-track, double-disc "Live at Benaroya Hall October 22, 2003" was taped at the Seattle venue as part of a benefit for local aid organization Youthcare. The album will be issued to retailers via a one-off distribution deal between the band and BMG; Pearl Jam split last fall with longtime label Epic Records.

A special edition of the album, featuring a poster with a band photograph taken at the show by Charles Peterson, will be available for pre-order June 21 exclusively via Pearl Jam's official Web site (http://www.pearljam.com). In addition, PearlJam.com will be the exclusive outpost for a four-LP boxed set edition of the concert, also bundled with the poster.

"Live at Benaroya" finds Pearl Jam debuting "Man of the Hour," its Golden Globe-nominated contribution to the film "Big Fish," as well as the track "Fatal," which appeared on the rarities album "Lost Dogs." "Around the Bend," the closing track from the 1996 album "No Code," had not been performed since 1998.

Other oddities featured on the set include covers of the Johnny Cash (news)-popularized "25 Minutes to Go," the Ramones' "I Believe in Miracles" and Bob Dylan (news)'s "Masters of War." The band ditched the acoustic set-up for a plugged-in, show-closing rendition of "Yellow Ledbetter."

"This was one of those special shows," says Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis. "But because it was not part of the 2003 tour bootleg series and fans were asking for it, and because of the unique nature of the performance itself -- it being the band's first full length acoustic show -- it felt like a show we should give fans the chance to own."

Pearl Jam may play some fall shows in swing states in the run-up toward the U.S. presidential election. Last month, the quintet's site said, "it's possible the band may head back to the studio toward the end of the year to begin work on their eighth album."

Disc 1
1. ofthegirl
2. low light
3 thumbing my way
4. thin air
5. fatal
6. nothing as it seems
7. man of the hour
8. immortality
9. off he goes
10. around the bend
11. i believe in miracles
12. sleight of hand
13. all or none
14. lukin

disc 2
1. parting ways
2. down
3. can't keep
4. dead man
5. masters of war
6. black
7. crazy mary
8. 25 minutes to go
9. daughter
10. yellow ledbetter

Yeah got my email from Ten Club about this the other day. Will be preordering Monday. If you pre-order, you should receive the CD (not the vinyl however) prior to the street release date of July 27.

And while this is their first "Full acoustic release", the official bootleg of last years Boston 3 show contained an hour acoustic preset on the first disc.

Hewson said:
And while this is their first "Full acoustic release", the official bootleg of last years Boston 3 show contained an hour acoustic preset on the first disc.

Yeah, I got that one. That is one great first disc. One of the reasons I bought it was because this was a kinda Pearl Jam acoustic album.

The new one looks interesting too (Lukin acoustic! :eek: )

It's on my 'in my possession' list. :D

:up: Great show (the Boston one that is, haven't heard this new one yet).

Ordered the vinyl set this morning, it was chaos on the PJ board...apparently the sale started at midnight Seattle time (3AM here, so I was busy sawing logs), and after about 2 hours the site went down, causing a frenzy amongst Jammers cause the pressing is limited to 2000. Finally came back online about 10:30 AM eastern, got mine ordered, but lots of people still getting error messages etc.
If you're gonna order the CD set thru the Ten Club website, I'd suggest waiting at least till tomorrow so the vinyl rush is over and the site is back to normal, you don't need to be a fan club member to order the CD thru the club, and you get the limited edition poster if you order that way.

I'm so bored of pearl jam...even ten and yield make me yawm

I have this bootleg and it's bad quality, so I'm happy that a real soundboard recording will be out soon. Fantastic version of Immortality, among the others.

Back
Top Bottom