Pearl Jam To 'Blow The Amps'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelordevil

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This just in from Ultimate Guitar...thought those in the Jammily would like to read.

Interesting how there's no mention of a US tour. I'm sure there will be at some point, but it sure as hell seems like they're aiming for non-George Bush territory lately.

Viva le Canada!!!;)

Seattle rockers Pearl Jam have finished recording their currently untitled new album. They completed the extensive recording process just last week in Seattle.

Guitarist Stone Gossard believes that the unusually long recording effort will be understood when the public hears the album. "This is the best music, as a collective, that we have written... probably ever", says Gossard. He says that "while we have experimented and extended ourselves once again, the simplicity and edge of our writing this time can be heard - these songs are all ones we are very proud of".

While a lot of the album is "as heavy and bone-crunching as our earlier material", Gossard is most proud of the melodic songs such as "Dawn" - written over 4 months by co-guitarist Mike McCready - and the Who-like "Alarms Of Nautical", by Gossard himself.

"We are always expected to have a heavy tilt in our songs, and we have done that here and love doing that. But this album feels more than a bunch of rock songs like our last couple... and not to demean those... but this was a massive ride for us, a big jump, and we hope it can be heard".

The first song, "To Our Home", is a quiet song by lead singer Eddie Vedder, unmistakeably about his new baby girl. "Yeah we let Ed indulge on that one a bit there, but it is a fantastic, pretty track to start off. After that we blow the amps (laughs)".

The track listing is as follows:

01. To Our Home (Vedder)
02. Marker (Gossard/Vedder)
03. Dawn (McCready)
04. Crapshoot Rapture (Gossard/McCready/Ament)
05. Worldwide Suicide (Gossard/McCready)
06. Severed Hand (Vedder)
07. Echoes (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)
08. Cold Concession (Cameron)
09. Alarms Of Nautical (Gossard)
10. The Streets (Vedder)
11. Of The Earth (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)

The first single (to be released in November) will be "Echoes" with the non-album B-Sides "Thank You" and "I Believe In Miracles Live 9/1/05". The band, currently on tour in Canada, will visit Latin America in November before releasing the album in early December. Although no certain dates have been made, manager Kelly Curtis has confirmed a possible 2006 tour of Australia and New Zealand, followed by a full-scale visit to Europe.

:hyper:

Great news!!! Cannot wait! Riot Act was just okay. Let's see if they can pull off another Yield! Cos Ten would be too ambitious.

Oh my God. At this point, I had thought early 2006 at the earliest.

11 tracks? I wonder if the songs are a little longer this time, maybe some more extended jams, like Ten. Not that I want them to repeat Ten, I just love the extended solo on Alive. :drool:

European tour! :rockon:
Now I maybe can finally see them. (I had no opportunity for it five years ago :|)
:)

That article is a fake.
New album is coming out in April 2006. Eddie confirmed it on a radio interview yesterday.
The article was proven on the PJ forums that it was a fake.

Don't get your hopes up yet.

Last edited:
angelordevil said:

I always thought that site was a reputable source...

:scratch:

Well, I usually go there for tabs and I used to regular their forums but most of their members are 13 to 15 year old douches:wink:

No intelligent discussion at all, well almost none:wink:

Although tbh, I still don't feel any better about this..........:|

Back
Top Bottom