Pearl Jam Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Prague set may not have the shock value of the Amsterdam II one, but it was a long gig (two and a half hours, 30 songs) and it did feature a fantastic crowd, the craziest version of Do the Evolution with some awesome crowd participation, singing Stone's famous riff in the middle of the song for about four times in a row (I can't wait to see a Youtube clip of that), plus some rare surprises as well. It just might be the best PJ show I've ever went to.

Set List:
01. Sometimes
02. Animal
03. Given To Fly
04. Got Some
Ed talks about how much it means to them to stand on a stage where X had been early in the evening.
05. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
Ed, referring to the ceiling of the 02 arena that has spoked circle support, says when he was watching X play he thought the ceiling looked like God's eye. He then paraphrases Oscar Wilde when asked if he (Oscar) believed in God, Oscar replied, 'No, I believe in something much bigger'. Ed then said, "Tonight we are going to call this song "God's Eye".
06. God's Dice
07. The Fixer
08. I Am Mine
09. Corduroy
10. Even Flow
11. Setting Forth
12. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney)
13. Push Me, Pull Me
Ed says "Thank you very much" in Czech.
14. Garden
Ed asks to see all the flags the audience are holding. He comments on the variety of flags the audience has. He says "aren't you glad we got you to come to Prague? A hidden gem".)
15. Half Full (during the song Ed reflects a spotlight off of his guitar into the audience)
Ed-"I would like to dedicate this to our great friend John Doe"
16. Unthought Known
(Ed says there are lot of people that see every show including the crew, X and family. He says, "you know it's not bullshit when I say this is the best crowd we have had on this tour." He mentions his injury and thinking that playing music in a band might get taken away from him and how happy he was to be able to play in a place as beautiful as Prague with the people here tonight is something the band really appreciate.)
17. Wasted Reprise
18. Life Wasted
19. Why Go

Encore Break 1
20. Of The Girl
Ed dedicates "Just Breathe" to Javier and Marta.
21. Just Breathe
22. Crazy Mary-(Williams)/ Angie-(Jagger, Richards)
23. Once
24. Do the Evolution (crowd continues to sing the "oh, oh, oh" to the melody of the song until the band comes back for the encore and even once the get on stage.)

Encore Break 2

Ed says he was walking with Exene after X's set and she said "it is a great crowd tonight." Exene was correct as always. Ed introduces the band with Stone holding notes so Ed can get the Czech words for their instruments
25. World Wide Suicide
26. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) (Ed implores the audience to give him a break from singing-they should enjoy singing as well. He sings the first line and the audience takes over until the chorus when Ed starts singing again. At the "save it for later" outro he improvs lyrics only keeping the "don't run away" line from the song.)
27. Black
28. Alive
29. Baba O'Riley-(Townshend)
(Ed asks the crowd something in Czech)
30. Yellow Ledbetter

:up: I'm exhausted after reading that set.

Berlin I was fucking amazing, got my "I-Trinity", three of my biggest wishes (Immortality, In My Tree, Indifference), all in one show! Plus the wonderful It's OK in Daughter! I'm not sure how they will be able to top it today!

Set List
01. Long Road
02. Why Go
03. Given To Fly
04. The Fixer w/ Ray Cameron on percussion
Ed greets the audience. He asks them to take care of each other and be safe.
05. Faithfull
Ed thanks the audience for doing them the favor of being so respectful and enthusiastic towards X. They deserve it. He also mentions meeting a family with a young son named Andrew. He asks where they are. He spots what he believes to be the family and the raise up a very young child wearing ear protection. Ed says, "have a great fucking time kid."
06. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
07. Got Some
08. Corduroy
09. In My Tree
Ed introduces Mike McCready's mother and has the crowd sing "Happy Birthday" to her. He then says, "This next song is her fault."
10. Even Flow (at the break at the end of the solo section Ed says, "look Ma, no hands" referring to Mike's playing.)
11. Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop-(Ramones)/It's OK-(Cole)
12. State Of Love And Trust
13. Immortality
14. Lukin
15. Unthought Known
Ed talks about The Ramones and what an influence and great band they were. He mentions Flo and Kathy that run The Ramones museum. Ed made it there for the first time the day before the show. He said Johnny wanted to be remembered and he is really being remembered and represented at the museum.
16. I Believe In Miracles-(Ramone, Ray)
17. Rearviewmirror (during the instrumental break Ed asks everyone to move back a little)

Encore Break 1
Ed thanks the crowd and asks them to take a few steps back
18. The End
19. Just Breathe
20. Hard To Imagine
21. Once
22. Do The Evolution

Encore Break 2
23. Jeremy
24. Leash
25. Black
26. Alive
Ed introduces in band in German although it sounds like when he refers to himself it is in Spanish. He realizes he forgot to introduce Jeff saying, "have another bottle of wine Ed".
27. Rockin' In The Free World w/ Ray Cameron playing guitar-(Young)
28. Indifference

If anyone here missed out on the 3-disc deluxe edition of the PJ20 DVD/Blu-Ray last year, you have another chance. That 3-disc edition will be in stock again (and again in limited quantities). Though the contents of the discs will apparently be identical to last year's set, the packaging will be sparer. Then again, the set will also be $30 cheaper ($30 for the DVD set, $40 for the Blu-Ray set). You can place a pre-order now, release is November 13th.
Pearl Jam // News

I got the Deluxe DVD last year...lot of griping on PJ board over the fact that its now $30 cheaper, after a year of griping that they were limited and many fans got shut out.

The fan base can never be pleased.

:hyper: excited for all who got to see them and those who will

no i've never seen them live,
tho i did the pleasure of seeing Eddie with Bruce, tom fogoty (Credence Clearwater), jackson brown when theyy all toured to raise money for Kerry's campaign 04. great show!

i'm going to see Springsteen tomorrow!
:yippie: :hyper: :yippie:

1> It's Springsteen !!!

2> been a Springsteen fan since ?75, and started seeing him & E St in 76, as many shows as i could get to or as many shows my friends would lend money for after circumstances tossed me out of being middle-class

3> out with an ankle injury/surgery/rehab/ since April 6
still have about 20% more healing of muscle strength/ endurance...bones are fine now... getting out more thses pass 2 weeks but was sidelined all Spring and 90% of Summer.

It'll be the first concert i've gotten to all year !!!

I was slightly curious in regard to the pricing. Read they were gonna have a variety of ticket prices. I'll probably just wind up watching it on tv or something.

Y'all hear about McCready's solo album that he's working on? I wonder what the fuck that's gonna sound like. The guitar playing will rule...and Mike doesn't really sing. Maybe a mostly instrumental thing?

Also, apparently PJ's hitting the studio in a couple months to finish LP 10.

I'd guess an album release and a big-ass tour to come some time in the second half of 2013.

Well if he started singing live lately, that might mean he'll try and do the same in the studio. Know what I mean?

But I'm sensing some guest singer appearances as well.

I usually don't pay a lot of attention to side-projects, but Ament's new band featuring Joseph Arthur, RNDM, has put out a really good album called Acts.

What's going on in the world? Did something really change after December 21st?
First U2.com is early with their subscription gift. Now, the 2012 Pearl Jam Christmas Single has been made available (digitally)! :shocked: It's two live tracks from the PJ20 weekend in Alpine Valley.

That's 3 PJ Christmas singles in one year for me!!! (I got the 2010 one in January, 2011 one in September I believe and now the 2012 one digitally).

So yeah, those who are Ten Club members, check your account (the My Subscription page).
:up:

Ha, how typical.
Pearl Jam sends out an email regarding testing out their new fan club ticket lottery system with a mock ticket sale, members have a week to enter their info, and within 20 minutes the site is overloaded and inaccessible.

The PJ facebook page just put up a cryptic post that makes it seem like some news is coming today, or sometime soon.

It's probably tour dates, or maybe even something less cool than that, but I'll still be here holding out hope that it's a new album announcement.

#StayTuned

I don't think it's a new album announcement. They said they were planning to work on the record in March. Matt's been busy with Soundgarden lately, Stone with Brad and Jeff with RNDM. Could be tour news though.

Looking like good news for GAF, appears announcement of a Wrigley field show is imminent, PJ says to stay tuned to twitter and Cubs' twitter says stay tuned with a pic of the 10 patch they wore on the sleeve for Ron Santo...so 2+2 + Wrigley Field show.

Definitely playing Wrigley, both PJ and Cubs have posted pics of stages being assembled on Wrigley Field.
Theo couldn't get them to Fenway, but he gets them to Wrigley...probably October dates since there is a guarantee the ballpark will be free. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom